/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2 Qs - the latest you can pray Isha prayer

QueenofHerts
07-24-2012, 02:28 AM
what is the the latest you can pray Isha prayer

and also when you should pray TAHAJJUD prayer- and maybe someone information about what TAHAJJUD prayer is

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-24-2012, 02:40 AM
:sl:

Information about Tahajjud

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...il-prayer.html

QueenofHerts
07-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Am I not able to pray isha prayer 30 mins before fajr, is this not permissible? What is the latest I can pray Isha prayer?

~ AbduRahman ~
07-24-2012, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QueenofHerts
Am I not able to pray isha prayer 30 mins before fajr, is this not permissible? What is the latest I can pray Isha prayer?
This question is in reference to the timings of Isha Salat. There are various opinions regarding, when the time for offering Isha prayer expires. Some say that one can pray Isha till the Fajr Azaan is called, while others say that it expires at the time of "Tahajjud prayers". And finally some believe, that we are supposed to take the number of hours between Isha Azaan and the Fajr Azaan, and divide them into half, in order to estimate the last time for Isha prayer.
I know that prayers should be offered promptly and on time. Delaying a prayer without reason is not encouraged, but still it would be very beneficial to know the exact opinion on this issue.

Praise be to Allaah.

‘Isha prayer must be performed before midnight, and it is not permissible to delay it until midnight, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time of ‘Isha’ is until midnight” (narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah, 964). So you have to pray it before midnight, based on the length of the night, because the night may be longer or shorter, so the guideline is how many hours the night lasts. If the night is ten hours long, then it is not permissible to delay it until the end of the fifth hour. The best way it to pray it in the first third of the night. If a person prays it at the beginning of the time for ‘Isha, that is OK, but if he delays it a little while, that is preferable, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recommend delaying ‘Isha’ prayer for a little while. But if someone prays it at the beginning of its time, after the twilight – the reddish afterglow along the horizon – has vanished, there is nothing wrong with that. And Allaah knows best.
Majmoo’ah Fataawa al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, 10/386

Hope that helps InshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ AbduRahman ~
07-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Check this thread: islamicboard.com/prayer/23651-can-you-pray-isha-juuust-before-fajr.html, which has useful information.

QueenofHerts
08-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Thank you, you have been more than helpful

~ AbduRahman ~
08-02-2012, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by QueenofHerts
Thank you, you have been more than helpful
You are welcome. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!