/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forum Shoutbox

SBK786
07-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Assalam Alaikum,

I seriously advice the moderators and other key people to the forum to make a Shoutbox or a chat located on the homepage so brothers can talk to each other..

This would help the forum look better!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
07-25-2012, 11:39 PM
I am not a moderator, so please disregard my comment if you wish.... but the problem with a forum chatbox is that then it would be available to all members to chat, not just the brothers. (You men have your own brother's section for personal chit chat.) Having an open chat for all genders opens up the possibility for freemixing. Even a private chat feature might encourage that too much. You will notice that PM messages are monitored as is. Just my two cents.

dysphoricrocker
07-26-2012, 02:49 AM
Salaam.

I agree that it is not a good idea. I mean, we are all talking to each other on the threads aren't we? I do not see a need for a shoutbox.

Just my opinion :statisfie

SBK786
07-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Jazakallah Khair for all the feedback.

But having opening a Chatbox on the homepage, it would allow the brothers and sisters to interact about other things, that they cannot chat about in threads.
On the other hand, with the points given, I don't think having a Chatbox would actually help now..

+ALLAH KNOWS BEST.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
07-27-2012, 09:37 PM
gonna sound strange cant we have one in each gender section?i would like to chat with other sisters bout other stuff then the threads but saying that they still havent accept me in there section hehe sooo i dunno maybe pointless suggestion but think it over..i dunno

Signor
07-28-2012, 04:01 AM
When we say it Islamic Board or Load Islam,We have to keep it Islamic,isn't it?

And Islam forbids the meeting of opposite genders all alone as the third is shaytaan.

As for gender specific section shoutbox,this wouldn't be possible i guess as the service will be provided to the whole forum not some sections.

Al-bint
07-28-2012, 04:05 AM
:sl:

i agree with sis marina, If at all there is gonna be any chatbox, it should be in Brother's section for brothers and in sisters section for sisters

fee amanillah

nairu
10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
السلام عليكم

this would be the optimal addon, matching the aforementioned criterias. whereas i have to say, that this slows down the website and causes a lot of traffic...

w ww.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=235271&page=174
sorry i had to edit the link to display it, since i have no permissions to post links yet.

Marina-Aisha
10-08-2012, 08:17 PM
In another forum which I go to in the sister section there's just thread for mindless chatter maybe we could just do that instead of a shout box but in our own sections.

piXie
10-08-2012, 08:42 PM
No shoutbox. Shouting is haram :embarrass

Hulk
10-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Just start a thread in the sister section and title it "Daily rant/thoughts of the day".

GuestFellow
10-08-2012, 08:51 PM
:wa:

I would like a shoutbox.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!