/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hermaphrodites (Islamic views)

جوري
07-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Hermaphrodite.

Date: Apr 22, 2012 Type: Views: 575 Share:
Filed Under: Character, Inheritance and Wills

Hello, I am a hermaphrodite. My life continued to be burning in hell the day I was born and it will keep burning until the day I die. I was curious to know what Islam has to say about hermaphrodite. I could not find anything in Quran. It seems all the religions are for man and woman, and not for hermaphrodite. If that’s so, fine, I die and I am kicked out into hell fire. I guess, my main question is how hermaphrodite will be judged after death. thank you
All praise be to Allah; and may His blessings and prayers be on His last messenger, Muhammad,
Firstly, there is no sin incurred by someone because of the way they were created. There is also no sin incurred by someone because of how they feel or what goes through their minds (their inner thoughts.) A hermaphrodite who was born with sex organs of both genders is a human being that is included in Allah’s saying,
“يا أيها الناس إنا خلقناكم من ذكر وأنثي وجعلناكم شعوبا وقبائل لتعارفوا إن أكرمكم عند الله أتقاكم إن الله عليم خبير”.
“Oh people we created you from a single male and a single female and made you into nations and tribes that you might acknowledge each other certainly the most noble of you before Allah is the most righteous verily Allah is all knowing, all aware.” (al-Hujurat, 49:13)
The Muslim scholars have spoken in length about the rulings that pertain to hermaphrodites, particularly with regard to inheritance, since the rulings there vary on the basis of one’s gender. This indicates that hermaphrodites have never been treated in Islam as outcasts, non-humans, or even humans without the same rights afforded to their counterparts.
Secondly, when possible, it is permissible for the hermaphrodites to get assigned a certain sex, by means of medical intervention (surgical and/or hormonal therapy) and behavioral training. When a sex is assigned, the individual must do their best confirming themselves in that sex.
Here is part of the decision of one of the major Fiqh assemblies regarding sex change operations: Decision # (11/5) of the Islamic Fiqh Assembly of the Muslim World League, Makkah, Rajab13th – 20th, 1409 A.H. / February 19th – 26th, 1989 C.E.
“Preamble: All praise is due to Allah, and blessings and peace be upon Muhammed, the seal of all prophets, his household, and his Companions. The council of the Islamic Fiqh Assembly of the Muslim World League in its eleventh session addressed the ruling on the permissibility of sex change operations from male to female and vice versa. The council, after exhaustive discussions, concluded the following:
First: The change is not legally permissible if the person (male or female) has complete male or female sex organs…This is because this person would be seeking to change Allah’s creation, and this was made illegal by Allah as in the verse in which Allah reports Satan as saying:
وَلَآمُرَنَّهُمْ فَلَيُغَيِّرُنَّ خَلْقَ اللَّهِ] النساء:119‏[
“…And indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allâh.” [Nisâ’, 4: 119]
Second: The change is permissible if a person has sex organs that carry the features of both the male and female sex (a hermaphrodite). In this case those in charge should decide if the organs tend to be more feminine, then the person should be helped either by surgery or hormone treatment to be confirmed into the female gender, and vice versa.”
Allah knows best.

http://www.drhatemalhaj.com/qa/index...hermaphrodite/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
07-30-2012, 07:09 PM
This is very interesting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!