/* */

PDA

View Full Version : learn how to pray?

wafiya
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Salaam.

What is the best way to learn how to pray?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
08-02-2012, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wafiya
Salaam,

Join a class and learn from a teacher :)
Observe how others pray.
Pray in congregation.
Pray when there's no congregation.

Perfecting one's prayer is a goal that could take a lifetime to achieve. We should strive to pray at the level of ihsan.

Aprender
08-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I had another Muslim sister teach me how to do pray. :-)

wafiya
08-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I get confused with what to say and when to say it .... I get so upset when I don't know what to say...Maybe I should just write everything down on a piece of paper including the movements and keep learning?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aprender
08-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I get confused with what to say and when to say it .... I get so upset when I don't know what to say...Maybe I should just write everything down on a piece of paper including the movements and keep learning?
Yes, just keep working at it. It took me a while to learn how to recite al fatiha. I also purchased a book that teaches how to do salah so I read that with the transliterations and everything which also helped me learn. And I kept finding random sisters and praying with them so I could get used to the movements and see what they were doing too.

Marina-Aisha
08-02-2012, 10:43 PM
go to youtube they have good videos here just two i searched quick cos totally tired..hope its helps maybe Isha Allah i post some other sites that help me laters :)

crimsontide06
08-02-2012, 11:58 PM
As you pray, you can have a paper in your hand and read the prayers from it.. until of course you have them memorized and know when to say them.

Sumaiya54
08-06-2012, 11:50 PM
I was in your same situation a few months ago :D
I wrote it all down on paper and ALHAMDULILAH! I started praying using that paper and it was soooo easy to memorize only took a couple of weeks since obviously you are reciting the Arabic words 5 times a day. I had absolutely no help and did not go to the Masjid/Mosque once and I am only 12, so it should not be that hard for you lol.

But seriously, do not worry about writing it on a piece of paper and/or not praying all Rakoos in every prayer depending on how much you know. People told I should pray 5 times a day from the very first week but they were very surprised when I said I did, they thought it would take longer and such so don't worry Allah SWT is Merciful and people do not except you to pray 5 times a day from the start.

There is also an App that teaches you to pray just type in "Salah" and it will come up.

Hope that helped
Assalamu Aleikum :)

Hamza Asadullah
08-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Salaam.

:wa:

The best way to learn how to pray is to get taught by a knowledgable sister. You can join a sisters circle in your local Masjid or local area and that way you can also meet other sisters in similar situation and circumstances as you. If you have a Masjid or Masjids in your local area then you should try and contact them.

Here are some resources for you:

How to make Wudu

http://youtu.be/3Y5Fj70b27M

http://youtu.be/hH14jeTG1Xc

How to pray Salaah for Women

http://youtu.be/M7ZySx-TMeY

The translation and meaning of what we pray in Salaah

Another thing which is very important especially for non Arabic speakers is to be able to know the meanings of what we read in our prayers. This will help us to be able to concentrate better in our prayers and imagine that Allah is in frontof us whilst we are in prayer. The following link provides the translation of what we recite in our prayers as well as the transliteration which is how to pronounce it in English:

The translation of Salaah (namaaz)

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...ah-prayer.html

What do the 5 daily prayers consist of?

Regarding the prayers themselves then there are four types of prayers. One is the Fard prayers which are the obligatory prayers. Second are the Waajib prayers which are the compulsory prayers. These are almost as important as the obligatory prayers so still have to be made up. Thirdly are the Sunnah prayers and Fourth are the Nawafil prayers which are voluntary.

There are two types of Sunnah prayers:

One is Sunnah Mu'kaddah which are the emphasised Sunnah's so they should be prayed if one has no excuse and it is sinful if one makes a habit of missing them.

The other is Ghayr Sunnah Mu'kkadha which are the Sunnahs which are not so emphasised but still carry a lot of reward.

Then there are nawafil prayers which are voluntary prayers. These can be prayed as much as one wants throughout the day and night except for the forbidden times of prayer which are 3:

1. After the Fard of Fajr up until 20 minutes after Sunrise

2. When the sun is at its highest point (Zawwal) which is 20 minutes before Dhuhur begins

3. From after praying the Fard of Asr up until Maghrib begins.

Note: Qadha and Janaaza prayers can still be prayed at these times.

In Ramadan nawafil prayers carry the reward of a Fard prayer. Subhanallah. That is why during Ramadan we should aim to pray as many Sunnah's and Nawafil prayers as we can. The following is the structure of the daily 5 prayers:

Fajr:

2 Sunnah Mu'kaddah - The most emphasised Sunnah Mu'kaddah prayer of the day

2 Fard

Dhuhur:

4 Sunnah Mu'kaddah

4 Fard

2 Sunnah Mu'kaddah

2 Nawafil

Asr:

4 Sunnah Ghayr Mu'kaddah - Not so emphasised but still very rewarding

4 Fard

Maghrib:

3 Fard

2 Sunnah Mu'kaddah

2 Nawafil

Isha:

4 Sunnah Ghayr Mu'kaddah

4 Fard

2 Sunnah Mu'kaddah

2 Nawafil

3 Witr - Waajib prayer so is compulsory to pray and has to be made up if missed.

2 Nawafil

It is best to pray the 3 Witr as late as possible like just before bed or even after Tahajjud prayer in the latter part of the night just before dawn (Fajr).

Hope that helped. If you need any help with anything at all or any advice or resources, then please do not hesitate to ask.

shab
08-23-2012, 07:35 PM
To learn how to pray got to this site....
pray-with-me (dot) com

glo
08-23-2012, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shab
To learn how to pray got to this site....
pray-with-me (dot) com
Make sure you add the dashes or you will find a Christian prayer site. :p

Here is the link to the Islamic site shab mentioned: http://www.pray-with-me.com/

shab
08-23-2012, 10:57 PM
thanks x

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!