/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do American Muslims reject Sharia Law ?

gBob
09-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Is it true that the majority of American Muslims reject Sharia Law and that they (or their parents) immigrated to the US to get away from Sharia practices ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-01-2012, 03:42 PM
No,
How can we reject it and more importantly why? furthermore there's no place in the world that implements Sharia so why would people flee to 'get away'- I don't know the reasons folks would immigrate as they're numerous, getting away from western imposed puppet regimes in their homelands could be one of them, simply to seek knowledge and learn other things is another as we're required in Islam to seek knowledge and traveling is one such means of attaining that!

best,

Hulk
09-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Do you know what is Sharia Law gBob?

Scimitar
09-01-2012, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by gBob
Is it true that the majority of American Muslims reject Sharia Law and that they (or their parents) immigrated to the US to get away from Sharia practices ?
Some did... but most didnt....

Gotta remember the overwhelming majority of Muslims who were taken as slaves from Africa and shipped to the USA. They didn't have a choice.

As for modern day... well, let's face it. Those who move to the states, made a bad decision. I know a Jordanian family who migrated there - about 20 yrs ago. They eat McDonalds burgers and have teenage children, yet the parents go clubbing. You gotta understand that not all Muslims are really Muslim in heart - just by name. And the worst affected are the ones who are prime pickings for the west-life, the anti-Islamic life.

There's more but you gotta understand that today, there are Muslims in the USA who are both practicing properly, and others who have sold out totally, and a selection of Muslims who are inbetween both. Same as any other country - including the Kingdom of "Saudi Occupied" Arabia.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gBob
09-01-2012, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
furthermore there's no place in the world that implements Sharia so why would people flee to 'get away'
are you saying there are NO countries inplementing Sharia Law ? how about Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Mauritania, Oman, Pakistan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia or Gaza ? Sorry, I don't understand this part of your answer ???

Aprender
09-01-2012, 05:18 PM
are you saying there are NO countries inplementing Sharia Law ? how about Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Mauritania, Oman, Pakistan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia or Gaza ? Sorry, I don't understand this part of your answer ???
That's correct, Bob. There are no countries in the world that are fully, 100% implementing Sharia Law. None.
For you to fully understand her answer, you'll have to browse through the forum so you can learn what Sharia Law actually is. Hopefully some of the members will direct you to some good threads or external sources for you to read on the topic.

M.I.A.
09-01-2012, 05:51 PM
i think no country implements sharia properly.

it may be 100% in accordance with what is written and can be proved, but it lacks the actual principles that made something great.

take afghanistan for instance. imo the talibans bravery is not in question.

just its leadership.

and that is the difference between knowing the rules and caring for the people.

جوري
09-01-2012, 06:58 PM
What part of my answer was difficult to understand?
Muslim majority countries doesn't denote implementation of sharia .. There's been no sharia since the dissolution of the ottomans and the last hundred years or so of the last of the Muslim empires were corrupt or ineffectual - furthermore sharia is a judicial branch that needs study so the average Muslim wouldn't have a deep enough understanding of it but at least their understanding will still be slightly better than the western rendition of what it is!

Best,

Scimitar
09-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Actually sis, more like the last two hundred.

The Ottomans wouldn't have fallen so fast if it weren't for infiltration long before the planned attack on the Khaliphate.

And they still chant "ata turk" like idiots.

Scimi

GuestFellow
09-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Some reject while others support it. I don't know the exact number.

Jiri
09-02-2012, 05:03 PM
I thought it's considered to be from God (correct me if I'm wrong), so why would they reject it?

Hulk
09-03-2012, 05:14 PM

sister herb
09-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Why not make this question differently?

Is it true that the majority of American Muslims support Sharia Law and they immigrated to America to spread idea of Islam and Sharia to other continent?

gBob; as you made your question already showed what was your basic opinion about Sharia Law. That it is something negative what even muslims try to escape.

;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!