/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting on to LI -_-

Re.TiReD
09-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Assalamu 'alaykum

I've been having trouble getting on to the site and it's really confuzzling me.

Basically it doesnt work for half the day and then starts working again and in an hour or two it's going to stop (well it's been like that for the past 2 days), I can google search it but when the link comes up to view the actual site it wont let me, I get the error message from google...But it's working just fine now, It's really annoying, does anybody have any idea what it could be?

Wassalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-12-2012, 04:08 PM
:wa:

sis , are u using laptop ?

AabiruSabeel
09-12-2012, 04:14 PM
:wa:

Can you please post screenshots of the error messages that you see next time it happens so that we better understand the errors?

Re.TiReD
09-12-2012, 04:21 PM
I am using the laptop sis and yes I will Insha'Allah bro, it's the normal error message that would come up if say for e.g. you tried to open firefox but didn't have internet connection.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I have problems galore to logging on to IB.. pages don't load, pictures don't post. I always have to juggle between internet browsers to bypass the problem.. but I guess necessity is the mother of invention?

Alpha Dude
09-12-2012, 06:33 PM
This happens to me too. Sometimes it just doesn't load no matter how many refreshes. If I leave it for a few minutes or a random amount of time it suddenly works.

I never bothered to report it but I guess it must have been the same for others.

Insaanah
09-12-2012, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
Assalamu 'alaykum

I've been having trouble getting on to the site and it's really confuzzling me.

Basically it doesnt work for half the day and then starts working again and in an hour or two it's going to stop (well it's been like that for the past 2 days), I can google search it but when the link comes up to view the actual site it wont let me, I get the error message from google...But it's working just fine now, It's really annoying, does anybody have any idea what it could be?

Wassalam
:wa: sister and welcome back.

You're not the only one with this probem. Many of us have had it, but there is a work-around that might work for you.

See this post: http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...ml#post1472013

in fact you might want to read the whole thread.

Some people have never had the problem, but many of us have this problem where for large chunks of the day the forum doesn't work, and you have a one or two hour window where it might work, and if you're not around at that time, then sometimes you can't get onto the forum for days at a time. Changing the DNS settings as above works around it for most people.

I had changed my DNS settings, but at some point my computer reset itself to the previous settings, and I had exactly the same problem again, and this is recently, so the problem is still there.

format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Can you please post screenshots of the error messages that you see next time it happens so that we better understand the errors?
It is the standard error you get when trying to go onto a website that either no longer exists, or whose server's not quite right. So you never get onto the website, it never connects, just a blank white screen with the error message "Firefox cannot find the server at islamicboard.com"

Muslim Woman
09-13-2012, 01:39 AM
:sl:

I face problem when use laptop. Today after several attempts could join the forum . When use desktop computer , then no prob .

tranquility
09-14-2012, 01:18 AM
I don't have this issue when I'm on my laptop. But when I use the wifi on my phone, it doesn't always load.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!