/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Emigrate?

~Zaria~
09-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Assalam-alaikum,

Alhamdulillah, I live in a country that has attracted many immigrants, from all parts of the world (Pakistan, China, Egypt, Iran, Zimbabwe, Nigeria......and many others).

However, I often wonder: 'Why do people actually decide to emigrate'?

To leave behind ones homeland, ones family and friends and all that is familiar and safe - is not easy.

I do realise that many emigrations may stem from the following reasons: unemployment, war and unrest, poor living conditions, etc.

But I cannot understand how men chose to leave their homelands for greener pastures - without their families.

Back home, I see far too many muslim men, who now live alone/ in groups of other men - and only see their wives and children ~once/ twice a year (supporting them financially within this period).

Surely this is an unnatural/ unhealthy family situation, which breeds extra-marital affairs, depression and other social harms?

Is there any amount of money, that is worth tearing a family apart?
No matter how difficult ones situation is - would it not be better to endure it, in patience and prayer - for the sake of keeping marriages intact and fathers in contact with their children?

Or perhaps I cannot fully comprehend the situation, as I have not stood in these shoes?

Are there any brothers and sisters who can relate their stories here insha Allah?

(Please forgive me if I speak in ignorance. I am only seeking to understand, insha Allah).

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
09-14-2012, 09:14 PM
:salamext:

Which country do u live in sister?

Most people in the world leave their families, hoping they can provide their families (because their own country doesnt have enough jobs). It's a sad reality, and yes you're right - it leads to breaking up of families and sins. May Allah protect us ameen

~Zaria~
09-14-2012, 09:20 PM
^ Im from South Africa akhee.

- Qatada -
09-15-2012, 06:25 AM
:salamext:

Then men usually leave their women in their home countries because they feel there are job opportunities in South Africa, but they feel its too dangerous for their women to live there. People say this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riana17
09-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Salam

Yes I agree with you, as my father in law said "A married man who leaves his homecountry without his family for money is cheap"

It's not reason that the place you are in is dangerous hence you cant bring your family, so why risk your own life?
Here alone perhaps we have .5Million married men without their family, in our office even the people who gets 8,000$ monthly salary lives alone.

I did not decide to emigrate, I was teenager when my sister took me and alhamdollellah I cannot ask for more. I have opportunity to mature earlier, work (at age 26 Im almost 9yrs in my company), and ofcourse have been introduced to Islam.

If I was on the right age, I would still choose to migrate if I did not find suitable work.

As of now I dont want to live in my home country anymore for many reasons, my husband is Arab, I have enough family members here (3siblings+1 on the way) and I have peace of mind here. It's Islamic country.

If we were to Migrate, we would love to be in Malaysia, such a simple and beautiful country.

Pure Purple
09-15-2012, 11:21 AM
edit:.....Please delete

GuestFellow
09-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Asslamu Aliakum,

My family did because to have jobs.

glo
09-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Husbands must have very strong reasons to leave their wives and children behind. And surely they must believe that it is in their family's best interest.

I cannot imagine what it would be like for me if I was apart from my husband, especially if he was living in another countries, let alone another continent!

Haya emaan
09-15-2012, 03:05 PM
at my place bad economical and political condition of the city/country to be one of the reasons for this. some go out to actually earn the living rather then 'better' living.. parents send their children outside as they think they are more safe there..

Alpha Dude
09-15-2012, 03:30 PM
The below hadith came to mind when I thought of this topic.

Sahih Bukhari:
Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for." (Book #1, Hadith #1)

IbnAbdulHakim
09-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

my grandfather emigrated to provide for his village back home. My father came to support him with the same intent. Doing so my father has built many schools and homes and assisted the poor in all sorts of ways including raising over 4 families.

very interesting thread sis, jazakAllah

Endymion
09-15-2012, 04:27 PM
I want to migrate to the cities of peace to save myself from the evils inside and from the evils outside.

ardianto
09-16-2012, 03:38 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
But I cannot understand how men chose to leave their homelands for greener pastures - without their families.
Are they emigrants or foreign workers/jobseekers?

Emigrant are people who leave their origin country then live permanently in the new country. From what I know, married men always bring their families when they migrate to the new country because they do not want toback to their origin country.

Foreign workers/jobseekers are people who live in another country only to get money, not to live permanently. Usually they do not bring their families because they will back to their homeland later.

~Zaria~
09-16-2012, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

Are they emigrants or foreign workers/jobseekers?

Emigrant are people who leave their origin country then live permanently in the new country. From what I know, married men always bring their families when they migrate to the new country because they do not want toback to their origin country.

Foreign workers/jobseekers are people who live in another country only to get money, not to live permanently. Usually they do not bring their families because they will back to their homeland later.
Wa-alaikumsalam,

Most foreigners here are seeking employment and a better standard of living.
Only after a certain number of years of employment or if they marry a citzen of the country, would they be able to obtain permanent residency/ citzenship.

Its interesting to note that most immigrants from China and Somalia, e.g. ensure that their wives and kids are brought with them.
However, in many cases - muslim brothers from Pakistan/ Egypt/ India (and perhaps other countries) - chose to leave their wives and families behind (for years at a time), and send money home each month.
(This is not a general rule, but certainly it is seen far too commonly).

This is an unnatural state to be in.
I can not understand why they chose to leave their wives behind for such extended periods.

@ brother Qatada, I doubt it has much to do with safety (crime is a problem here, but alhamdulillah, we do survive : ) )
In fact, I would be more concerned of the safety of a women who is living alone/ without a male protector in the household.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!