/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I got a B but wanted an A

farah-
09-19-2012, 04:27 PM
:sl:
Thanks to Allah I studied hard and got a B for my first/out of 3 Maths GCSE exam! But then I found out I only needed 6 more marks to get an A!
My mom is saying there is no need for you to resit, I want to have a career in Biomedical science - to become a Scientist. At the moment I am studying REALLY hard for my sciences. Do you think a B is enough? Or should I resit?

Also sisters/brothers I know this is a bit off topic but I really want to have 30 beautiful chapters of the Qu'ran on my shelf, Not just 1 Qu'ran but 30 parts made into beautiful books. Does anyone know where I can buy these?

Ji'sakllah :statisfie
:wa::muslimah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
09-19-2012, 04:40 PM

Just playin..:statisfie

There's actually a forummer here who is a scientist maybe he can give you his insight. But if you really want to resit and you have the time/money then why not.

glo
09-19-2012, 04:55 PM
You should be able to find out from universities what results they are looking for.
Remember that you A-levels count. Your GCSEs are pretty unimportant when it comes to accessing university.

If this is the first out of 3 maths exams, then don't you have two more exams to boost your overall result?
I think I agree with your mum. Don;t worry about this one exam. You did really well and got VERY NEARLY an A. I can understand that it niggles you a bit to have missed the A so narrowly - but I don't think it is important in the greater scheme of things!

Good luck with your other exams. :)

GuestFellow
09-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Your A Levels are more important. Try to achieve the highest grade that you can

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
farah-
09-20-2012, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Just playin..:statisfie

There's actually a forummer here who is a scientist maybe he can give you his insight. But if you really want to resit and you have the time/money then why not.
Salam,
Haha that quote was funny, thanks for the advise :) Can I know the username of the scientist?
Thanks

farah-
09-20-2012, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Your A Levels are more important. Try to achieve the highest grade that you can
Ji'sakllah for the advise :)

farah-
09-20-2012, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
You should be able to find out from universities what results they are looking for.
Remember that you A-levels count. Your GCSEs are pretty unimportant when it comes to accessing university.

If this is the first out of 3 maths exams, then don't you have two more exams to boost your overall result?
I think I agree with your mum. Don;t worry about this one exam. You did really well and got VERY NEARLY an A. I can understand that it niggles you a bit to have missed the A so narrowly - but I don't think it is important in the greater scheme of things!

Good luck with your other exams. :)
Thanks for the advise,
Yes I think I won't resit but in Unit 2 I will try ultra hard to try and get an A. :)

farah-
09-20-2012, 04:06 PM

Thanks to everyone for their posts :)
I have decided to try hard in my 2/3 unit to get an A :)
Ji'sakllah to everyone who participated and may Allah grant you anything.

GuestFellow
09-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Don't worry if you don't get the grade that you want. Just keep moving forward.

farah-
09-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks for your kind responses
I have another problem:
My mum has said you got such a low grade you used to brag about getting A's ( which I didn't I said '' I'm going to try and get an A )
and she keeps and saying that my high B is a stupid grade. :(

GuestFellow
09-21-2012, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farah-
Thanks for your kind responses
I have another problem:
My mum has said you got such a low grade you used to brag about getting A's ( which I didn't I said '' I'm going to try and get an A )
and she keeps and saying that my high B is a stupid grade. :(
:wa:

Ignore what your mom said. B grade is perfectly fine.

bangaliteen
06-03-2013, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farah-
Thanks to Allah I studied hard and got a B for my first/out of 3 Maths GCSE exam! But then I found out I only needed 6 more marks to get an A!
My mom is saying there is no need for you to resit, I want to have a career in Biomedical science - to become a Scientist. At the moment I am studying REALLY hard for my sciences. Do you think a B is enough? Or should I resit?

Also sisters/brothers I know this is a bit off topic but I really want to have 30 beautiful chapters of the Qu'ran on my shelf, Not just 1 Qu'ran but 30 parts made into beautiful books. Does anyone know where I can buy these?

Ji'sakllah :statisfie
:wa::muslimah:
Yea I am disappointed w/ myself when I get less than an A or even less than a 90.
Now I do so bad , I even get C's even 70s :raging: its due to me slacking off

Anyways a B is gr8, atleast its not a C
what do you mean, you want to separate the Qur'an into its chapters, I don't think you should do that, you can just buy the Qur'an whole w/ all of its 114 chapters/surahs I don't get what do you mean.

Beardo
06-04-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure how that system works but if you're so close to an A and confident enough, I'd say why not shoot for the better grade?!

GuestFellow
06-04-2013, 01:20 PM
^ But that means the member has to retake the exam.

daniel88
07-01-2013, 03:19 PM
You should be able to discover out from colleges what outcomes they are looking for. Keep in mind that you A-levels depend. Your GCSEs are fairly insignificant when it comes to obtaining school.

rehan125
08-23-2013, 03:43 PM
you have to work more to get high grades

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!