/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Pure Purple
09-21-2012, 03:33 PM
I am in big problem,I had stored everything in one pendrive.My all drawings and projects,presentations were all in one pendrive.And now it is not detecting in my computer.I am weak in all all these computer related work.My bro asked to one of the hardware employee,he said I can't restored all my data.:hmm:
Few days back my computer was formatted ,because it was full of virus:( I don't have anything on my recycling bin.
Is there any way to restore my data?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bint-e-Adam
09-22-2012, 03:30 PM
ohhh. you must consult to some Computer engineer

~Zaria~
09-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Im sorry to hear this sister.

I wish I could help, but Im really no use (Im still learning new tools on IB after all this time, lol :P)

Just remember, that this too is a test from Allah (subhanawataƔla).
Perhaps also a means of teaching you lessons in life - about being responsible and ensuring that you have back-ups for your work.

Ive lost work so many times.....and still I forget to hit the 'save' button, or make an external copy.
(Sometimes it takes more than one lesson to get the message across to slow-learners like myself : ( )

Even if you cannot recover all that has been lost - think of something worse that could have happened.
And also, realise that Allah has blessed you with such talent - and its all stored in your brain.....and it can be recovered again, insha Allah.

Insha Allah, someone else here will be able to provide more technical help for you.

:wa:

Pure Purple
09-22-2012, 05:48 PM
jazakallah sister:hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
09-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry I can't help..

Did you reformat it, then put ur files in, then it became undetectable?

or did u put ur files in then reformat it? (just checking!)

I am having a familiar problem with my portable hard drive but I know it is because i dropped the usb cable head into a bowl of porridge. need to change the cable.

Pure Purple
09-23-2012, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Did you reformat it, then put ur files in, then it became undetectable?

or did u put ur files in then reformat it? (just checking!)
didn't get?
I haven't formatted pendrive,I formatted my computer and my pendrive is now not detected by computer.(Not formatted by me ,it was formatted my computer serviceman)
Anyways there is no hope that I will get data back...........thread close :cry:
Jazakallah for your replies.

Haya emaan
09-23-2012, 10:44 AM
have you tried your pen drive in some other computer?

Pure Purple
09-23-2012, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haya emaan
have you tried your pen drive in some other computer?
Other pendrive working on my computer.I once used it once in Linux at my college,and I have windows ultimate at home.since than I haven't used my pendrive .It's been nearly 1 month now it is not detecting.
I think I should not think of those thing,I should accept reality."I LOST ALL THE DATA"
:hmm:

Haya emaan
09-23-2012, 10:53 AM
try this one on some other computer. may be it works there

Hulk
09-23-2012, 03:06 PM
it could be that just the usb port of ur pendrive is faulty but the files might still be inside. tho i have no idea how to retrieve!!!!

dusk
09-23-2012, 04:12 PM
With your pendrive it sounds like you are out of luck.
You can try plugging it into other USB ports or try it on a different computer, but if none recognizes it, the controller is probably dead and there is nothing you can do. You could send it into a data recovery service but getting data of a NAND(Flash) chip is difficult and doesn't come cheap, it is usually only worth it if it is vitally important business data.

For your computer there is help though. If all those files had been on the PC. Most people only do a fast format when they format the drive. That only deletes the lookup/lock table but technically doesn't delete anything. Stuff isn't gone until it is overwritten by new data.
If it isn't overwritten there is software that analyses the empty space and recovers files it detects as being files.
I cannot post a link but type in google "best free data recovery software".

It is tedious but may return you some files. Very much depends on how much data has been written since you did the format and where on the disk your documents have been.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!