/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A call for all teachers in the board!

Danah
09-23-2012, 06:06 AM
Assalam Alykom Wa RahmatuAllah Wa Barakatuh everyone

I am sure that we have some teachers here in the forum. I am a new teacher and I would like to know your methods in managing the class and deal with talkative naughty students. Sometimes I find myself getting angry at them and wanted to shout at them but its not like they will care and be silent. I teach Information Technology from Grade 1 to 5 and my students are boys only which make it even harder for me to deal with boys in such age.

I will appreciate any tips from your experience.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
09-24-2012, 03:18 AM
Hello??
71 views and 0 replies??

Don't we have any teachers here or no body cares? I am in a dire need for an advice to help me managing my classes in a better way.

Pure Purple
09-24-2012, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
ello??
71 views and 0 replies??

Don't we have any teachers here or no body cares? I am in a dire need for an advice to help me managing my classes in a better way.
:giggling:
Perhaps, teachers over here are bit shy.:p

BadOlPuttyTat
09-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Well my sister is a senior teacher for over a decade all I can say is that she is can be mean and nice and lets her students she means business. How she does this? Simple...........
She makes the parents come to the school with the threat of kicking the student out. Parent get annoyed and angry when they are forced to leave work to deal with their children making the parents might p*ssed and either makes the parent beat the child or get on the child's case 24/7. No kid likes that, period.
You annoy the parents and threaten to expel the student and the parent will deal with the child themselves. A kid only sees a teacher 5 hours a day, but a child sees his parents 24/7. So no kid wants to live at home with angry parents annoyed because of their child's rude behavior. I have known numerous teachers to do this and it works trust me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PurpleCup
09-24-2012, 11:17 PM
I am not a teacher, but I was listening to a topic of this exact nature on NPR Radio Station before I stopped tuning in to them. Since I cannot leave a link I will ask you to please Google,
Teachers' Expectations Can Influence How Students Perform

It will show up first one. It was a very interesting discussion. I hope this helps you.

Hulk
09-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Be friendly with your students but also never forget that you are the teacher and they are the student. Teach them the importance of adab in the beginning. (If it is a secular setting you don't necessarily have to use the word adab)

`Abdullah ibn Mubarak said, “We are in more need of a little adab than we are in need of a lot of knowledge.”

marwen
09-25-2012, 08:13 AM
:salamext:

First, congratulations for being a teacher. It's a very interesting and very noble job.

I'm not a teacher (though, I did teach for one year when I was at University). I hope some Real teachers give you good advices :p.
I hope the following could help you with your students :

- try to make them involved in the course : for example, make them discuss some topic (I know I.T. does not contain too much litterature to discuss :hmm:, but you can try)
- prepare some questions and ask them one by one (try to make them all participate so there are no free students who make noise)
- tell them that you will make a test at the end of each seance about what they learned, this will make them concentrate more.
- leave some free time (15 mins) at the end of each seance to talk about general topics (jobs, family, religion, etc.) so they feel relaxed at the end of each course, so they will concentrate at the beginning of the course because they know that there will be some free time to relax, and they will delay useless talks and noise to the end.

sister herb
09-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Salam alaykum

First congratulations to you sister as being teacher and good luck to you.

Well, I am teacher but I have teached only adults, not kids and when students are adults they really are interesting about studing. Also I am member in one forum where many members are teachers and I try to find some advices from there.

http://www.primary-education-oasis.c...#ixzz1FnF0F1Js

Hopely you can find some advices from there ^

Naeema
09-25-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm not a teacher, but I have a son who wiggles. He needs an outlet for the wiggles and help focusing. What has worked for us:
- While it might seem like he should sit in the back of the room, he does best in the front row.
- While you might want him to sit still, we used a piece of an old tire on his desk to give him a footrest that he can use. It allows him to wiggle his feet with very little disruption of others.

What works for others:
- I've also seen children who use signs/message cubes to show they are working/need help/are finished. Google "Hawk's Nest Flip Signs" and you will see one teacher's example.
- Three colored cups for showing red/yellow/green for behavior. Google "Organized Classroom Cup Management" for a good explanation.
- See "I love that Teaching Idea" for many classroom and lesson management ideas.

Periwinkle18
09-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Assalam o alikum

sis danah!!! u teaching now gr8 hmm well i've got 3 yr olds n some r really naughty sometimes i just let them be buh sometimes u hav to b firm otherwise they'll know ur easy to handle. sometimes i talk to them council them sometimes u hav to grab them make them sit on ur lap n then teach. Buh u've got like 7 to 11 yr old i guess hmm ukhti u'll hav to b firm sometimes i mean at times u have to raise ur voice to let them know tht ur still there. Hav u ever tried staring at them for a long time lol i tried tht once with my kids they just look at u n then sit in there place.

Another thing is tht mayb they're not having fun mayb they dont like the subject or feel tht its boring try adding activities make it interesting for them search the net print out worksheets or make them on word.

its just amazing wen the kids get attached to u they'll come to u even if u scold them but dont do it all the time wont hav an effect.Ur kids r older try talking to them sometimes kids act weird wen theres a prob at home. Try giving them rewards sometimes i remember once there was this teacher he used to brng a chocolate n keep it on the board n used to tell the kids who ever does gr8 today will get it n alhumdulillah the boys usd to work hard then.

Just find ways to make the lesson interesting make it interactive are u allowed to use the laptop?? if yes then make presentations. Thats wht we do ,set the projector up n show the kids flash cards n videos n stuff.

lol hope this helps ive got 3 yr olds at the mo so i duno much n alhumdulillah kids just listen to me even the older ones in our school, u've got to b loving yet strict at times wen it comes to studies.

remember if u love kids they'll love u back no matter wht. its just amazing subhanAllah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!