/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In a few hours.... I need help and advice..

fronze
10-01-2012, 03:15 AM
assalamu alaikum brothers and sister, as by this point i converted to muslim today and well i was given the wudu and salaah book,so today will be my first praying day :statisfie,but these are my questions..

1-WHERE DOES MY PRAYING MAT HAS TO BE, (EXAMPLE)NORTH,EAST? (DONT REMEMBER WELL)
2- WHAT ARE THE TIMES THAT I HAVE TO PRAY AND HOW LONG?
3- ARE THE PRAYERS DIFFERENT DURING THE 5 TIMES OF THE DAY? IF SO CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THEIR NAME IS BY ORDER AND BY TIME ?
4- THANK YOU MY BROTHERS AND SISTER:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
10-01-2012, 03:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fronze
assalamu alaikum brothers and sister, as by this point i converted to muslim today and well i was given the wudu and salaah book,so today will be my first praying day :statisfie,but these are my questions..

1-WHERE DOES MY PRAYING MAT HAS TO BE, (EXAMPLE)NORTH,EAST? (DONT REMEMBER WELL)
2- WHAT ARE THE TIMES THAT I HAVE TO PRAY AND HOW LONG?
3- ARE THE PRAYERS DIFFERENT DURING THE 5 TIMES OF THE DAY? IF SO CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THEIR NAME IS BY ORDER AND BY TIME ?
4- THANK YOU MY BROTHERS AND SISTER:statisfie
You can download the athan software from this site http://islamicfinder.com/ and use it to find the prayer direction (qibla) and the times for prayer.

Generally the time for prayers are:
Fajr (2 units audibly) from when night becomes distinct from dawn until the sun rises
Zhuhr (4 units silently) from slightly after the zenith of the sun (noon) until a little before halfway to sunset
Asr (4 units silently) from end of time for zhuhr until sunset
Maghrib (3 units audibly) from sunset until dusk is not distinct from night
Isha (4 units audibly) from end of time for maghrib until halfway through the night

Riana17
10-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Asalam Alaikkum!!!
Mashallah wonderful news fresh from New York!

Congratulations! You just received the best gift ever, mashallah:D

Marina-Aisha
10-01-2012, 07:42 AM
I think mustafa has answered all your question but just like to say good luck and congrats brother being Muslim is amazing :) if ur confused or anything don't be afraid to ask. I know when I first converted I was very confused. Anyways good luck

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!