'Caged in the USA
What will happen to individuals being extradited?'
Thursday 18th October 2012
- Robert King, Survived 29 years in solitary confinement in one of America’s brutal prison.
- Omar Deghayes, British resident spent six years, imprisoned in Guantánamo and subjected to brutal torture.
- Conversation moderated by Victoria Brittain, patron of CagePrisoners
- Hamja Ahsan, Brother of Talha Ahsan who’s been detained in the UK for six years without charge.
- Lee Jasper, Black British activist and former Senior Policy Advisor on Equalities to the Mayor of London
Five men held in British prisons collectively for over 40 years without charge are fighting extradition to the US where they face a new ordeal in a 'Supermax' prison under some of the harshest conditions known in the western world.
Black Panther Robert King, one of the 'Angola 3', survived 29 years in US prisons as a political prisoner, for a crime he didn't commit, deep inside this brutal system.
British Libyan Omar Deghayes endured six years of abuse and torture in the notorious Guantanamo Bay prison, without charge.
CagePrisoners brings together these unique individuals to discuss their harrowing experiences and the impact it has had on their lives.
Click here to register for free: http://cageprisoners.eventbrite.co.uk/
Click here for more information: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=SW9...ngdom&t=m&z=16
For more information call 0207 377 6700 or email us: email@example.com
Giving a voice to the voiceless