/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does "Reputation" mean in the forum?

joesixpack
10-10-2012, 12:25 AM
I just got some reputation and I wonder what is is and how I earned it and if I can give it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
10-10-2012, 12:28 AM
You can give reps by clicking on that sheriffs badge star on the posts that you like from another member.

جوري
10-10-2012, 12:29 AM
you don't have any rep power yet.. you get reputation by the number of months you'd been here and the number of reps you get from members. A point per month and per every 1000 posts you make and I am not sure how the members repping you changes that count perhaps one per 100 rep points.. I am gonna rep you see if it increases your rep by one..

edit: they didn't make much of a difference so I think it is more than 100 points

peace

CosmicPathos
10-10-2012, 12:32 AM
It just means ppl are liking your six packs, bro.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-10-2012, 12:37 AM
:haha: good thing they're six and not two.. some people can't afford the entire package!

joesixpack
10-10-2012, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
you don't have any rep power yet.. you get reputation by the number of months you'd been here and the number of reps you get from members. A point per month and per every 1000 posts you make and I am not sure how the members repping you changes that count perhaps one per 100 rep points.. I am gonna rep you see if it increases your rep by one..

edit: they didn't make much of a difference so I think it is more than 100 points

peace
It boosted my rep a lot, actually, it just took a couple of minutes.

جوري
10-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Your rep power is still zero though so it means 1000 (rep points) or one month or 1000 post...

peace

Insaanah
10-10-2012, 01:41 PM
You start getting rep power once you're a full member with 50 on-topic posts. You'll get one as a bonus immediately.

Your rep power increases by 1, for every 60 days you're registered, for every 1000* on-topic posts, and for every 2000 rep (reputation) points you receive.

That rep power, is how many reputation points you will give to another member when you rep their post. How many rep points you receive at one time from each member that reps your posts, will be according to the rep power they have.

So "reputation" is how many reputation points you've received from others, and "rep power" is how many reputation points you can give to others.

*Hope someone will correct me if that's 2000 now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!