/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Official Annual Story Writing Contest Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Muezzin
10-10-2012, 07:26 PM
:sl:

At the time of writing, we've had four previous writing contests, and they've all been fantastic mashallah.

Let's make this an annual thing.

This thread will be the main hub for the general discussion about the Story Writing Contest. Each year, a separate thread can be created to house that year's entries.

So just to get discussion going, here's some suggested rules for the contest, based on the rules we've had previously:

Stories can be about any topic, theme or genre, but must be the entrant's own work and must be in English

Stories can be any length, but no longer than 5,000 words - this is a limit not a target

Stories should be submitted by Private Message to the Host - Yanal

Stories can be edited and formatted etc however the author chooses before submission, but the Host will not alter or reformat the story once it has been submitted

This year's deadline is 28 December 2012 - That is the last day on which entries shall be accepted.

Again, just suggestions, and if you have any please share them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-10-2012, 07:29 PM
and the prizzzzzzzzzzze for the winner? A royal scepter and a crown???????? maybe one of those cool one legged parrots?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-10-2012, 07:43 PM
what happened to poetry contests?

stories are too long no?

Muezzin
10-10-2012, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
and the prizzzzzzzzzzze for the winner? A royal scepter and a crown???????? maybe one of those cool one legged parrots?
The respect of one's peers is priceless.

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
what happened to poetry contests?

stories are too long no?
There can be a poetry contest too. This particular thread is for the story contest.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
10-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Should the content be Islamic?

Hulk
10-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Can one use copyrighted characters like Batman?

جوري
10-10-2012, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The respect of one's peers is priceless.
but you can't sell that on ebay

IbnAbdulHakim
10-10-2012, 07:54 PM
OK I have decided to enter.

you have one candidate here now.

hopefully no one else enters and I win :)

جوري
10-10-2012, 07:55 PM
^^ :haha: that's brilliant ...

Muezzin
10-10-2012, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
The parameters are really wide. Read through some of the previous entries to see how wide those parameters are. We've had dramas, crime thrillers, horror, action-adventure. Basically, as long as it's not breaking any of the forum rules, it should be fair game. Just write it well. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Can one use copyrighted characters like Batman?
Like fanfiction? Copyright might render this a little dodgy. Unless a copyrighted property is just mentioned in the story or something. Also, I think it this is a great opportunity for members to showcase their creativity and originality.

EDIT: On second thoughts, if you've got your heart set on a superhero story, just write it. When Alan Moore wrote Watchmen, he originally wanted to use existing characters, but wasn't allowed to - so he and the artist simply made up their own.

glo
10-10-2012, 07:58 PM
The parameters are really wide. Read through some of the previous entries to see how wide those parameters are. We've had dramas, crime thrillers, horror, action-adventure. Basically, as long as it's not breaking any of the forum rules, it should be fair game. Just write it well.
I was more thinking of topics like gardening or knitting ... ;D

sister herb
10-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Murderer of crime thrillers is traditionaly butler. Why not gardener too? Unfortunately my English is too bad for stories and I am sure you don´t accept it by Finnish.

:hmm: I am out.

Muezzin
10-10-2012, 08:24 PM
but you can't sell that on ebay
You'd sell your prize on ebay? :skeleton:

I was more thinking of topics like gardening or knitting ... ;D
Sure, go for it!

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Murderer of crime thrillers is traditionaly butler. Why not gardener too? Unfortunately my English is too bad for stories and I am sure you don´t accept it by Finnish.

:hmm: I am out.
Well, if you wish, you can always read the entries and provide feedback as to what you liked and disliked.

Hulk
10-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Sorry, I was just playing in my last question. This ons is real though, can we post accompanying pictures? (no humans)

Muezzin
10-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Sorry, I was just playing in my last question. This ons is real though, can we post accompanying pictures? (no humans)
Don't see why not.

As long as the image doesn't contain extra text to bypass the word limit ;D

aamirsaab
10-10-2012, 08:45 PM
OK I have decided to enter.

you have one candidate here now.

hopefully no one else enters and I win :)
Too bad I'm entering.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
^ good luck bro. Im gnna write about whatever comes into my head. Kind of what I do for my nephews when I tell them stories.

thats right bro, your up against a story telling uncle.

you scared?

you scared bro?

Bint-e-Adam
10-11-2012, 03:42 AM
as it is first time for me to participate.
i have few questions.
The story must be in English? or we can write it in any other language too??
when we will have to share our stories?

Aprender
10-11-2012, 04:02 AM
I think I should write a story about The Aprender and the adventures of the other Muslim superheros in a mini series.

Scimitar
10-11-2012, 04:10 AM
Holy Jumping Jehovas Witnesses Batman, *slaps fist* is it that time already???

Noooooo, I'm gonnna be in INDIA (super street fighter, double fireball self inflicted facepalm) and I won't get back til it's all done and dusted. :(

*goes to the kitchen to find comfort food*

EDIT: got a bar of chocolate and some ice cream - I still dont feel great. meh

aamirsaab
10-11-2012, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
I think I should write a story about The Aprender and the adventures of the other Muslim superheros in a mini series.
Don't tell us what your story is about...it's supposed to be anonymous...:p

@ Scimi
You could still enter. If you've got your entry finished before the deadline and before you go on holiday just give it to the competition adjudicator. Alternatively, we could just change the start date. It is tentative after all.

@ Seeking Hidayat
As far as languages go, I think it would be better to keep this one in English. Although, if there is enough demand, we could also do a separate story contest for other languages.

I am really looking forward to this years entries. Hopefully, we'll get at least 6 this time around. :statisfie

IbnAbdulHakim
10-11-2012, 02:29 PM
done, who do I send the entry too? Also will they be posted anonymously. I prefer it to be

Muezzin
10-11-2012, 06:13 PM
We need a host for this year's contest. I'd do it, except I intend to enter and it would be a conflict of interests.

Basically, the host would create the thread for the entries, and the host is the person who entrants send their stories to via PM. Readers won't know who wrote what when they're voting.

This contest is for entries in English, but there's nothing stopping other contests in other languages.

جوري
10-11-2012, 06:53 PM
You'd sell your prize on ebay?
posthumously, after I become famous folks are gonna want to catalogue my stuff at the smithonian and the rest auctioned on ebay.

Endymion
10-12-2012, 06:44 PM
People,i'm reminding you all once again to write "Short" stories otherwise you know the consequences :skeleton:

جوري
10-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I wrote a paragraph and that was so sooooo long, but how else do you create an atmosphere? unless you want it incomplete? at any rate I am going through this sardonic stage so I am gonna pass on the story writing this time around..

my advise to any writer here after they put down their story to scratch the first paragraph and start from the second.. I hate pilot maneuvers- no point for introductions we'll figure it out.

aamirsaab
10-12-2012, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
People,i'm reminding you all once again to write "Short" stories otherwise you know the consequences :skeleton:
5000 words is pretty short...:statisfie

Scimitar
10-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Yup, it's hardly a chapter in most books... doesn't anyone read? :D

Al-bint
10-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Salaam alaikum!

I might try. will send my story if i am able to finish it by November 30 in sha Allah.

wasalaam

aamirsaab
10-13-2012, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-bint
Salaam alaikum!

I might try. will send my story if i am able to finish it by November 30 in sha Allah.

wasalaam
November 30 is just a rough idea. Don't worry if you don't have a story finished by then, we can always extend the deadline to a later date. Looking forward to your story!

Pure Purple
10-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Can I write in Urdu or Hindi?

Muezzin
10-14-2012, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple
Can I write in Urdu or Hindi?
Well, this is for stories in the English language. Maybe you could write it in Urdu or Hindi then translate it?

Or separate contests for different languages could be set up in the future.

Pure Purple
10-14-2012, 09:43 AM
separate contests for different languages could be set up in the future.
When will this future come ?

Muezzin
10-14-2012, 10:16 AM
When will this future come ?
We still haven't confirmed the deadline for the English contest yet.

It seems like November is too soon for a lot of people. Shall we try mid December?

Marina-Aisha
10-14-2012, 10:25 AM
sounds intresting but i was always bad at that kinda stuff but good luck everyone :p

sister herb
10-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Basically, the host would create the thread for the entries, and the host is the person who entrants send their stories to via PM.
^o) This forum doesn´t allow me to send PMs. May I then send my story via other member?

Muezzin
10-14-2012, 11:01 AM
^o) This forum doesn´t allow me to send PMs. May I then send my story via other member?
You don't? Hmm...

Maybe we could set up a dropbox for you.

sister herb
10-14-2012, 11:22 AM
You don't? Hmm...

Maybe we could set up a dropbox for you.
Easier that I send it via other member.

Muezzin
10-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Sure, whatever is easier for you.

glo
10-14-2012, 01:28 PM
I'd be happy to post your entry for you, sis. Although I might be tempted to send it under MY name!

(Only joking! :p)

إحسان
10-14-2012, 01:58 PM
May I join? I've been wanting to write for months but family-school problems have held me back - I usually write poems though. Now that there's a competition and I'm less busy than usual, I'm up for it! My first ever short story! :statisfie

Muezzin
10-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Of course you can enter! I can't wait to read all the entries!

Endymion
10-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I wrote a paragraph and that was so sooooo long, but how else do you create an atmosphere? unless you want it incomplete? at any rate I am going through this sardonic stage so I am gonna pass on the story writing this time around..

my advise to any writer here after they put down their story to scratch the first paragraph and start from the second.. I hate pilot maneuvers- no point for introductions we'll figure it out.
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
5000 words is pretty short...:statisfie
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Yup, it's hardly a chapter in most books... doesn't anyone read? :D
I'm afraid some people are going to loose a precious vote ^o)

Expect no mercy :skeleton:

piXie
10-14-2012, 06:54 PM
The nicest and shortest story will be getting my lazy vote. :p

Pure Purple
10-15-2012, 03:20 AM
Sis Endymion ,If I will write in urdu,will you translate it in english?

CosmicPathos
10-15-2012, 03:32 AM
I am thinking to participate, even though I've never written a story before.

Periwinkle18
10-15-2012, 02:08 PM
scared of story writing contests now :p we've got such good writers here now :P

aamirsaab
10-15-2012, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
I am thinking to participate, even though I've never written a story before.
I was the same and I ended up winning last year. You never know until you try ;)

format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
scared of story writing contests now :p we've got such good writers here now :P
Hahaha at this rate, we'll have more entrants than we will have voters! :D

To all: be sure to check out this thread and by all means feel free to read previous contests. Also feel free to asks any questions you have regarding the competition on this thread.

Oh man, this year's contest is shaping up to be one of the best! Can't wait!

Periwinkle18
10-15-2012, 02:59 PM
well i came second once got a certificate too bro abdul baari made it for us :)

hmm not sure if i'll enter lets see, i like reading though

Endymion
10-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Sis Endymion ,If I will write in urdu,will you translate it in english?
Well,if you want to hire me as your official translator,you'll have to spend money :D Everything has a price,you know :p

Pure Purple
10-15-2012, 04:15 PM
ell,if you want to hire me as your official translator,you'll have to spend money Everything has a price,you know
What do you think I will give money for english translation.?
Yehi sila diya apne meri dosti ka.......Please translate this.

Endymion
10-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Acha

(Mufth me karna pareh gah :hmm: ) Chalu,send me i'll do it in the name of friendship and sisterhood but you'll have to forgive my poor English :omg:

Pure Purple
10-15-2012, 04:23 PM
cha (Mufth me karna pareh gah ) Chalu,send me i'll do it in the name of friendship and sisterhood but you'll have to forgive my poor English
It's o.K if you don't want ,I will ask my sister.
I want to test you ,How good you are in translation.
One more ,
Sitaro se aage jahan aur bhi hai
Abhi ishq ke imtehan aur bhi.
(here Ishq=love of allah,commenting on a scientist who don't believe in god)

Endymion
10-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Ya Allah

Mazaq ttha bhaii, was just kidding shishti :unhappy:

And you dont have to test me,its a done deal im bad at translation.BTW,i didn't understand the implimentation of this verse and your explanation :hmm:

CosmicPathos
10-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Is it possible to move deadline to some time in Dec? Just saying, bz schedule here :(

aamirsaab
10-15-2012, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
Is it possible to move deadline to some time in Dec? Just saying, bz schedule here :(
Yeah absolutely. What date are you thinking of?

sister herb
10-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Written. >To who I will post it?

Musaafirah
10-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Who's making the thread and what's the theme this year?

Muezzin
10-15-2012, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafirah
Who's making the thread
I'll get back to you.

and what's the theme this year?
Same as the last four years - free style.

sister herb
10-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Mine´is ghost story. ;D

Hulk
10-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Wanted to join this competition then I see that there's gonna be scientists, medical students, batmans, etc joining. IM OUTTA HERE. I'll just sit back and vote. ;D

Scimitar
10-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Sis glo, it can be about anything you want, as long as it's not offensive to the faithful :)

Go for it, go go go ferrritz :D YUSH!!!

Scimitar
10-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Wanted to join this competition then I see that there's gonna be scientists, medical students, batmans, etc joining. IM OUTTA HERE. I'll just sit back and vote. ;D
And since when was THE HULK afraid of peeny puny human batman? :D

Scientists, I can understand... they did, after all, alter Banners DNA and turn him into YOU. :D

Medical Students? pah. - pay 'em no mind, they lack imagination. (limit themselves to zombie stories) :D

White Rose
10-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Wanted to join this competition then I see that there's gonna be scientists, medical students, batmans, etc joining. IM OUTTA HERE. I'll just sit back and vote.
:lol: *grabs popcorns*

Now I know, even the hulk runs away. ;D

Musaafirah
10-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Whoah.. what's wrong with scientists? Bear in mind I was literary pro before science frazzled my mind, so maybe you'll win outright anyway...
And hey, who said I was entering..was wondering if there would be a theme or something... But it's freestyle, man I'm useless at freestyle.

sister herb
10-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Glo possible tells murderer who is gardener...

Lets see.

:raging:

Hulk
10-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Whoah.. what's wrong with scientists? Bear in mind I was literary pro before science frazzled my mind, so maybe you'll win outright anyway...
And hey, who said I was entering..was wondering if there would be a theme or something... But it's freestyle, man I'm useless at freestyle.
:muddlehea This is how horrible my english skills are, when you said "bear in mind" I immediately imagined a BEAR in my MIND. You were a literary professor? my goodness.. this is where hulk jumps off into the horizon.

Scimitar
10-15-2012, 08:41 PM
I absolutely love that twist... so original :D genius plot for comedy :D

Hey you, Mr Murderer, don't tell no one - but that person over there is a gardener.

(yes, I have fallen off my bed and my sides hurt from too much laughter)

CosmicPathos
10-15-2012, 08:47 PM
aamirsaab: sometime around Dec 23ish or afterwards? You know xmas time, ppl will get some time off to polish their stories. Let me know what you think.

Muezzin
10-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Can't wait to see what everyone is cooking up.

We've had a wide variety of genres, which is the advantage of a freestyle contest.

Maybe we can see about organising different events with themed prompts...

EDIT: How does everyone feel about the above suggestion to move the deadline to 23 December 2012? It's fine by me. Gives me more time to start--I mean finish my entry. :)

Scimitar
10-15-2012, 09:13 PM
that would give me the oppo to enter my nonsensical ramblings :D

*disclaimer*

Reading material submitted by me may cause severe nerve damage to your brain and/or leave you in epileptic fits of confused laughter

My lawyers let me know what I can get away with in writing, so you can't sue me

*end disclaimer*

sister herb
10-15-2012, 09:25 PM
I told before I tells by ghost.

:nervous: Real one.

Scimitar
10-16-2012, 05:16 PM
I have no idea what to write about... I guess I'll have to make my writing so, that it amuses me - if I can do that, then no doubt you will be entertained... unless you harbour some sort of humour defect.

Or am I throwing you a curve ball? :D

lol

joyous fairy
10-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Oooooh! This is interesting, I wanted to enter last year but got busy so wasn't able to :( but inshaAllah his year will be different.

P.s. I am no writer, just a reader but im gonna try put some rambling together and make it into a short story.. :nervous: hope it works!

Musaafirah
10-16-2012, 07:29 PM
:muddlehea This is how horrible my english skills are, when you said "bear in mind" I immediately imagined a BEAR in my MIND. You were a literary professor? my goodness.. this is where hulk jumps off into the horizon.
Oof no, I was good at English..once upon a time. Never a professor. Don't think I'm old enough.
Anyway, 23rd December sounds do-able.. Have an inkling of a story somewhere, but it seems weird at the moment, so I'll try to un-weirdify it.
Khair, what be the rules and regulations peoples?

glo
10-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Look at the first post in this thread.

Deadline is now the 23rd December.

Hulk
10-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Man.. does this mean we have to wait till 23rd december to start reading stories.. sigh..

joyous fairy
10-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Oof no, I was good at English..once upon a time. Never a professor. Don't think I'm old enough.
Anyway, 23rd December sounds do-able.. Have an inkling of a story somewhere, but it seems weird at the moment, so I'll try to un-weirdify it.
Hey! Weird is good. Good is weird. Weird is interesting. Interesting is weird.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-16-2012, 09:13 PM
im starting to seriously wonder if anyone would read a completely pointless story if I wrote it in a way that is gripping and exciting.

for example:

"The crows gathered silently amongst the tree's, watching the two young children pass by, their eyes fixed firmly upon the mansion to which the boys heedlessly stepped into... unaware of what fate had planned for the next few days."

Scimitar
10-16-2012, 09:44 PM
could work, if the story is about the crows and not the kids :D imagine a pair of crows having a convo, discussing the stupidity of humans :D

"... all the children ever hear is SQUAWK, and they run away"
"yeah it's sad frank, I was trying to warn that kid about that man in a trenchcoat and slippers"
"the flasher?"
"yeah, I followed him from his house - you think he spotted me?"
"you're flying in the air you parrot"
"oi stop it with the insults already."
"yeah well - kids dead beat now, he gonna be butt hurt"

laughter "squawk squawk sqauwkety squawk"

see how that could work? :D

sister herb
10-17-2012, 08:17 AM
I have no idea what to write about... I guess I'll have to make my writing so, that it amuses me - if I can do that, then no doubt you will be entertained... unless you harbour some sort of humour defect.

Or am I throwing you a curve ball? :D

lol
Write about your life!

Muhaba
10-17-2012, 04:31 PM
i like the idea. in fact i love the idea! but i haven't got short story to enter into the contest. (I already posted my short stories.) i'll see if i can write something new. but i'm so out of ideas tooo.

Scimitar
10-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Write about your life!
my life in 5000 words? oh dear... thats just a chapter.

besides - if i did that, then everyone will know its my story, which defeats the purpose of maintaining anonymity :D

sister herb
10-17-2012, 08:35 PM
:heated:

I could creat that thread but I can´t send PMs here.

:nervous:

sister herb
10-17-2012, 08:38 PM
my life in 5000 words? oh dear... thats just a chapter.

besides - if i did that, then everyone will know its my story, which defeats the purpose of maintaining anonymity :D
Part of your life!

:hiding:

Scimitar
10-17-2012, 08:54 PM
i guess I could write about a very amazing something that happened to me once...

...or I can make a story up about crows :D

I'll not tell, because I want people not to know that I was the author to the story, until the votes are cast.

We'll see insha-Allah :)

Muezzin
10-17-2012, 08:59 PM
About the voting - there's a bit of controversy as to whether entrants should be allowed to vote for their own entry (it's a public poll, everyone can see who voted for what).

Personally, I think that members should not be allowed to vote for their own entries.

The counter-argument to this is that even the US President votes for himself, but my counter-counter argument is that this is IB dagnabbit, and we have standards! :D

Scimitar
10-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Sam looked at frank with a beady eye, it didn't go unnoticed.

"what's that look for Sam?, don't tell me you're still offended about the parrot jokes." Frank ruffled his feathers to show his annoyance at Sam's touchiness.
"yeah I'm sick and tired of your lame humour Frank. I ain't no clown bird, and I have feelings you know."
"that's why you eat dead animals squawk"
"there you go making fun of me again dammit, Frank don't you ever consider my feelings? I thought we were pals."
"Pals?... Pals? heck I trained you, you dumb ox"
"I think I prefer it when you call me parrot"

a quiet moment of uneasiness passed between them. Best of buddies, they didn't like to feel sq-awkward with each other.

"what do you mean by 'clown bird' Sam?"
"well it's obvious isn't it. You clearly lack imagination"
"indulge me" frank lifted on talon off the wire, in a gesture reminiscent of an invitation to indulge him.
"Well, it's simple. Those humans dress up with make up on their faces and big shoes with baggy trousers and fall over themselves like idiots, repeating the same jokes Frank. If anything, by that description, I'd say you was the parrot. You're jokes are painfully repetitive."
"hah, very clever Sam. I see what you did there. If I'm the clown - what does that make you?"
"You really wanna know?"
"Yeah let's have it Sam" a challenge.
"Ok, well, unlike you Frank, I always have my morning bath in the pond, I fly for a full ten minutes to shake off the water and look prim. My black feathers shine majestic. I'm the equivalent of a businessman in black suit in comparison to you buddy."

This time round, it was Franks turn to look at Sam with a beady eye. Sam felt smug, and let laid one on the car passing below. "bank deposit"

:D

sister herb
10-17-2012, 09:25 PM
A ghost story

Years before my birth, my old grandmother became ill. She knew my mother was pregnant and wanted to leave a letter and gift to the child who would be born after her death.

As she was thinking, she died before the child was born but that child also died while still in my mother's womb.

It took time for my mother to become pregnant again. This time it was me.

My grandmother had told in her Will that the letter and gift had to be given to the next child on their 16th birthday. Once I became of age, I read the old letter. In that letter my grandmother told me she had found great relief during painful times and she hoped I too would try to read it when I felt pain in my life.

The book was old and it's name was The Quran.

Where is the ghost in this story? Every time I sit to read that book I feel like someone else is sitting beside me, reading with me and even finding the right verses for me.

She is my ghost sister, the one who the letter and book was originally meant for.

:exhausted Story is true.

Yanal
10-18-2012, 01:34 AM

Masha'Allaah, good to see that this thread has garnered much interest! I don't mind being the host if everyone agrees,unless someone else wishes to be the host.

sister herb
10-18-2012, 09:34 AM
I have to thank sisters Glo and Jen whose corrected my grammatical mistakes of story.

:omg:

glo
10-18-2012, 05:53 PM
And I have to thank you, sister harb, for inspiring me to write a story myself. (I haven't written a story since I was in school!)

glo
10-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Have we been told who to send the stories to? Or are we posting them here in this thread?

My story is only short. Does that matter?

aamirsaab
10-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Have we been told who to send the stories to? Or are we posting them here in this thread?

My story is only short. Does that matter?
We're still working on a host. Don't post your story on here (or anything to do with it), as the contest is supposed to be anonymous. It's cool if your story is short, just think of the word count as a budget - you can spend up to that amount, but no more. ;)

sister herb
10-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Other ghost story from Glo?

;D

sister herb
10-18-2012, 06:03 PM
We're still working on a host. Don't post your story on here (or anything to do with it), as the contest is supposed to be anonymous. It's cool if your story is short, just think of the word count as a budget - you can spend up to that amount, but no more. ;)
Move my story then to right thread.

glo
10-18-2012, 06:07 PM
you can spend up to that amount, but no more
So it's a limit, not a target?

At least I won't lose readers with short attention spans ... ;D

Muezzin
10-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Being stuck behind a tractor on your way home from work really helps you focus on cool stuff you want to incorporate into your entry.

Thank you, mobile-phone-using-driver-of-muddy-tractor!

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Masha'Allaah, good to see that this thread has garnered much interest! I don't mind being the host if everyone agrees,unless someone else wishes to be the host.
You'd be a great host! Plus you have experience in the role!

EDIT: Also, uh... you can't really enter a story if you have already posted it on this thread, as they're supposed to be anonymous. So while it's cool that people are amped up enough to start writing here and now, it would be best to channel that energy into your entry rather than a post on this particular thread.

aamirsaab
10-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Move my story then to right thread.
1. As has been said, we are still working on a host.
2. The contest isn't until 23rd December (tentative)
3. Since you have posted it already (so now basically everyone knows it's yours) it cannot be entered in the contest which was supposed to be anonymous. This is to create a fair test so that readers can vote based on merit/quality of writing, rather than a popularity contest.
4. You're going to have to write a new story for the contest.

So it's a limit, not a target?

At least I won't lose readers with short attention spans ... ;D
Absolutely. No entry will be discarded because it's only 300 words or w.e. As long as it doesn't exceed 5000 (and hasn't already been posted or is a blatant rip-off of some existing work already [we have checks in place, don't worry]), then it's perfectly viable for the competition.

On a related note: The whole purpose of the contest is to give it your best shot at writing. Yes votes are up for grabs (it's not like you win anything other than kudos anyway), but this should make you want to put in as much effort as possible. I personally think 5k words is a huge budget to play around with (yes I know my entry last year was the longest...boo hoo) and the deadline currently being set at 23rd December (so 2 1/2 months away) should be ample time. There are a number of resource outlets in this current sub board, as well as the entirety of the internet. Please make use of them and most importantly, enjoy the process of writing a creative story. Take pride in it and give it your all.

I look forward to reading each and every entry as well as entering my own in the upcoming contest.

Scimitar
10-18-2012, 07:29 PM
My story won't be about crows :D I was just having a laugh in this thread, trying to get people inspired really.

sister herb
10-18-2012, 08:42 PM
:exhausted

New story?

I again have to thing by English?

aamirsaab
10-18-2012, 08:50 PM

New story?

Yes

I again have to thing by English?

Yes. If it needs translating, please don't ask someone on the forum to do it (since they will know it is yours and thus ruin the anonymity) - maybe ask a relative?

As soon as we have agreed on a host (hopefully sometime this week, so take that as an open call to anyone who does not wish to enter this year but would like to be the host ---> please notify myself or muezzin) we'll let everybody know on this thread. Until then, and until the deadline of the actual contest, don't post anything to do with your story on this forum. Not the genre, not the title and not even one sentence of it.

It's really, really cool people are getting into the creative swing of things (and we seem to have an increasinly large amount of entrants this year [almost 4 times what we had last year] which is even better!), by all means continue to write and post on the forum. Just try and contain that excitiment and turn it into the best story you can make. When the deadline comes, give it to the host (whoever it is by then) and then bam, it's all good to go.

sister herb
10-18-2012, 08:52 PM
My story won't be about crows :D I was just having a laugh in this thread, trying to get people inspired really.
I could write about crows...

:statisfie

Muhaba
10-18-2012, 08:54 PM
^no you don't. you can first write in your language and then rewrite in english.

sister herb
10-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Ok. If I ask someone help with grammar, she/he is not from this forum.

;D

Or if is, I don´t tell it in here.

Ok?

sister herb
10-18-2012, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
^no you don't. you can first write in your language and then rewrite in english.
No. I write it by English, not translate. Easier to me.

I am teacher.

Today I taught Palestinian by arabic and Sri Lankan by Finnish.

joyous fairy
10-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Hmmm, I wonder how many stories will be about crows :hmm:

glo
10-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Can people enter more than one story?

Muhammad
10-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Do you think there should be a minimum length for stories aswell? As some people might write half a page and others may write several pages, so it seems like an unfair comparison. The other option is to judge them as separate categories.

'Abd-al Latif
10-18-2012, 10:31 PM
:salamext:

I vote that Muhammad should write a story. All in favour?

Scimitar
10-19-2012, 12:06 AM
hear hear!!!

Mustafa2012
10-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Is there any criteria to meet in order to be eligible to enter this contest?

Aisha
10-19-2012, 12:20 AM
^I third that notion :D

Periwinkle18
10-19-2012, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Do you think there should be a minimum length for stories aswell? As some people might write half a page and others may write several pages, so it seems like an unfair comparison. The other option is to judge them as separate categories.
good idea the year i entered we had a word limit 1000 words i think dun remember so i guess we could do the same this yr too.

aamirsaab
10-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Can people enter more than one story?
No. One entry per person. You can of course enter again in future contests or even just post the story as a separate thread in the creative writing board.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Whilst I personally think this is a good idea, the problem is some people might not be able to actually write that minimum amount which would prevent them from entering. We don't want to force anyone into this and we are trying to include as many as possible (and hopefully have enough voters lol).

Again, the word count should be thought of as a budget (a very generous one at that). But, I suppose what we could do is say a minimum of 500 words? If people want to increase or decrease this, by all means say so.

Since the contest has no set theme there really shouldn't be any categories.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
Is there any criteria to meet in order to be eligible to enter this contest?
This was actually covered in the original post and have been in place from the very first story contest, but I'll reiterate here:

1. It has to be your own original work. So no plagiarising at all.
2. It also has to be in English
3. Also no use of existing characters i.e your story cannot be about the adventures of Batman and Robocop.
4. Cannot have been posted already on this forum
5. Cannot exceed the word limit of 5000
6. There is no set theme so you can write about what ever/any topic or genre you want. Provided of course it doesn't conflict with any forum rules.
7. The Host cannot enter nor vote.

Haya emaan
10-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Ah.. this thread.. i m fascinated. it is encouraging me to write.. but then you will loose a voter...

glo
10-19-2012, 10:40 AM
No. One entry per person. You can of course enter again in future contests or even just post the story as a separate thread in the creative writing board.
Thanks. I think I've caught the writing bug! LOL

sister herb
10-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Salam alaykum

New story is written, not about crowds (sorry Scimitar).

Muhaba
10-19-2012, 02:42 PM
I think there should be a penalty for thoses who say they are entering and then drop out in the end.

Muhaba
10-19-2012, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haya emaan
Ah.. this thread.. i m fascinated. it is encouraging me to write.. but then you will loose a voter...
plz write. i think on ib writers are rare. i hate it when there are only 2 or 3 stories in the contest. there shoud be many more

sister herb
10-19-2012, 02:49 PM
I think there should be a penalty for thoses who say they are entering and then drop out in the end.
Need to wait host...

جوري
10-19-2012, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

I vote that Muhammad should write a story. All in favour?
aye......

Mustafa2012
10-20-2012, 08:45 PM
plz write. i think on ib writers are rare. i hate it when there are only 2 or 3 stories in the contest. there shoud be many more
What was the average no. of entries in the last 3-4 years? or how many entries were there last year?

aamirsaab
10-20-2012, 09:15 PM
What was the average no. of entries in the last 3-4 years? or how many entries were there last year?
1st year we had 10.
2nd year we had 4.
3rd year we had 5
4th year we had 3.
(Check the first post for the previous year's entries)

The good news is this year, at least 3 people have finished their entry already, and a fair number have expressed interest/are in the process of writing their stories. :)

Mustafa2012
10-20-2012, 09:22 PM
1st year we had 10.
2nd year we had 4.
3rd year we had 5
4th year we had 3.
(Check the first post for the previous year's entries)

The good news is this year, at least 3 people have finished their entry already, and a fair number have expressed interest/are in the process of writing their stories. :)
Thanks for the stats.

3 people completed their entries already? What? Wow!

Now that's what I call being keen!

I've never written a story in my life but I'm tempted to enter just to surprise myself.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-20-2012, 09:25 PM
the story I had completed I now believe to suck quite badly.

I may write another one time permitting.

And it will be about absolutely nothing!

Muezzin
10-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Take your time and make your entry the best it can be. The deadline is still months away and the word limit is generous, so really let your creativity loose.

sister herb
10-22-2012, 08:28 PM
But how to send story to host? Like I, can´t send pm.

imsad

Periwinkle18
10-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Aww I so wanna write a story now

joyous fairy
10-23-2012, 07:59 PM
I've never written a story in my life but I'm tempted to enter just to surprise myself.
the story I had completed I now believe to suck quite badly.

I may write another one time permitting.

And it will be about absolutely nothing!
Lol, these 2 posts made me laugh.. No idea why :nervous:

(I think cos I have similar feelings but shh! dont tell anyone! )

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2012, 08:09 PM
WRITERS BLOCK !

hmm...

~Zaria~
10-23-2012, 08:25 PM
MashaAllah, what a great thread!

I want to write too! insha Allah : )

Is there a poetry section in the contest?

I think we may have more contestants than voters here! : D

Innocent Soul
10-25-2012, 12:51 PM
^ There are many who say they will participate but it ends up with 3 or 4 entries. :heated: I think the mod should keep the period of voting a bit longer.

Pure Purple
10-25-2012, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
There are many who say they will participate but it ends up with 3 or 4 entries. I think the mod should keep the period of voting a bit longer.
Why don't you participate in competition ,side by side it will help in your exam preparation:P

Innocent Soul
10-25-2012, 11:27 PM
^ I think writing soo long stories needs creativity, experience and writing skills :p But I am really good at reading stories. :D

Ali Mujahidin
10-26-2012, 03:08 AM
Is there any room left for This Old Man? I think I might just be able to finish writing the story I started (in my head) many years ago before this year is over. One question. What about the copyright? Do the writers still retain the copyright to the stories? Like, specifically, can I still publish my story on another site?

Muezzin
10-26-2012, 05:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
Is there any room left for This Old Man? I think I might just be able to finish writing the story I started (in my head) many years ago before this year is over. One question. What about the copyright? Do the writers still retain the copyright to the stories? Like, specifically, can I still publish my story on another site?
Yes, copyright belongs to the original author of each entry.

EDIT: Please PM your entries to your Host of the 2012 Story Writing Contest - Yanal

Muhaba
11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
i hope ya'all are working on your stories and don't leave it for the last minute. how about posting about how much of it is written to keep the interest in teh contest alive and encourage others to write too.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2012, 05:49 PM
ive written one whole story. and may write another

we can post more then one story right? :D

glo
11-09-2012, 06:05 PM
we can post more then one story right?
I asked that question too, and the answer was that we can only enter one story. Better choose your best one ... :)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2012, 06:11 PM
my story will be scattered amongst 3 universes. each character has its own story to tell.

....thats alright right? :D

aamirsaab
11-09-2012, 06:39 PM
^
Careful not to spoil too much of your story. The contest is supposed to be annonymous ;)

I'm 90% done with my story - just adding finished touches to it. It'll be interesting trying to figure out who wrote what in the upcoming contest :)

Muhaba
11-09-2012, 06:59 PM
^i have no story. i'll be moving soon so i may not get time to write one. however, it just may be that when i'm settled i might feel like writing something. right now my life's too hectic to focus on anything.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
^i have no story. i'll be moving soon so i may not get time to write one. however, it just may be that when i'm settled i might feel like writing something. right now my life's too hectic to focus on anything.
if the WRITER does not WRITE i shall go on STRIKE !

this could become a chant

~Zaria~
11-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I too am out of this contest.....no time, and im not really good at writing fictional stories.

I'll wait for the poetry section, and will be a voter this time insha Allah : )

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2012, 09:20 PM
^ can you possibly champion that?

I would love a poetry contest more then anything.

Muhaba
11-10-2012, 11:54 AM
writers can have writers block and they need a break too. actually i wrote a ew story every time i posted one here but lately i haven't written anything worth posting. i wrote some but they are parts of longer works that i use as practice. because they are going to be novels they need a lot of research. i write bits once in a while. another one is a short piece but is also a part of a longer work (actually it's supposed to be a series of short children's fiction). That i can't enter either as it's seeming incomplete. (or may i will enter it and see how it goes.)

Since the restlessness in syria, i haven't been able to write any short stories that i might be able to post here or enter in the contest.

Dont forget me in your duas. the dua for a muslim brother/sister in his/her absense gets accepted, so don't forget to make dua for me and my family. Jazak-Allaho khair.

Paprika
11-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Hey, when does this thing close??? or open???

Periwinkle18
11-29-2012, 12:16 PM
The deadline is the 25th of December rite?

Paprika
11-29-2012, 12:18 PM
The deadline is the 25th of December rite?
Oh, kewl that gives me some time, how do we submit??

Periwinkle18
11-29-2012, 12:21 PM
You have to pm it to yanal

Periwinkle18
11-29-2012, 12:23 PM
IM guessing the name of ur story is gng to b paprika IM not frm Pakistan

Paprika
11-29-2012, 12:25 PM
You have to pm it to yanal

Yanal?? Yeh Yanal kaun hai Bhai, I mean Bhenji??

Me, I am an expert writers, I am lazy to read the thread, can you summarize the rules and regs plus what topics are allowed???

I am thinking of writing on a dream world.....I'm a dreamer 24/7

Periwinkle18
11-29-2012, 12:30 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...on-thread.html

please read the first post it's not tht long.

Paprika
11-29-2012, 12:33 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...on-thread.html

please read the first post it's not tht long.
Oh, you so helpful, brought a tear to my eye, mujhe dhadi ki yaad agayi......

Endymion
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
"Mystery of spices" maybe :statisfie

Paprika
11-29-2012, 12:44 PM

"Mystery of spices" maybe :statisfie
Ok, ok, laugh Aggagaggaaa, I will right my story.....:nervous:

aamirsaab
12-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Not long to go now. Hope you've all been hard at work with your entries! I for one can't wait to read them all... and enter...and (hopefully) win again...:p

Paprika
12-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Not long to go now. Hope you've all been hard at work with your entries! I for one can't wait to read them all... and enter...and (hopefully) win again...:p
I have decided not to take part, so you have a chance of winning now.;D

Periwinkle18
12-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Yayyy I wrote a story not planning on winning or anything but hope ppl learn something Frm it :)

I srsly had no plans.of writing Buh suddenly did :p

Paprika
12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Yayyy I wrote a story not planning on winning or anything but hope ppl learn something Frm it :)

I srsly had no plans.of writing Buh suddenly did :p
Does the story have to have a lesson behind it?? I thought we could write anything??

aamirsaab
12-05-2012, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
Does the story have to have a lesson behind it?? I thought we could write anything??
You can write about anything. If it happens to have a lesson behind it, no problem ;)

CosmicPathos
12-07-2012, 01:56 AM
stories will be msged to yanal. Would we be able to read other entries or just winners? :S

Periwinkle18
12-07-2012, 02:40 AM
Yes we will be able to read other entries I guess they're gng to make a separate thread for tht.

glo
12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
How is the winner chosen? Do we all get to vote or is there a jury?

Innocent Soul
12-08-2012, 11:36 AM
^ All the entries which Yanal get are posted on another thread without any changes or selections. A poll is attached to it.

The story which gets the maximum number of votes is declared as the winning story.

The writer of the winning story is called the winner of ' Story Writing Contest 2012' and the reward will be a signature and a large number of reputation points.

Endymion
12-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Where are the entries,i can't see any :hmm: Or may be they are afraid to come before me as i suspect they are too long like before :skeleton:

aamirsaab
12-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Where are the entries,i can't see any :hmm: Or may be they are afraid to come before me as i suspect they are too long like before :skeleton:
It's funny because last year, the longest entry (mine) actually had the most votes....by a landslide. :p You yourself even expressed joy at the entry when I posted it in its own thread after the contest ended...:statisfie:

As to when you'll be able to view this years entries, the deadline for the contest is 23rd December. Which is about a week and a half away, so not long at all.

Which reminds me, I haven't finished my entry yet...

جوري
12-13-2012, 05:08 PM
^^ you got to know who voted for you?

aamirsaab
12-13-2012, 06:08 PM
^^ you got to know who voted for you?
Yep. Voting was set to public so everyone could view who voted what (just click on one of the poll options in one of the past story contests, and it will show the vote break down for each entry)

جوري
12-13-2012, 06:11 PM
hehe that's awkward..
may I suggest that those who vote are able to vote for their three favorites in order of like? Sometimes one likes more than one entry but likes one a bit more and to keep that anonymous? I am just throwing an idea out there and we have to go by the honor and honestee of those who have written that they won't try anything funny that's all :skeleton:

Endymion
12-13-2012, 06:17 PM
It's funny because last year, the longest entry (mine) actually had the most votes....by a landslide. You yourself even enjoyed the entry when I posted it in its own thread after the contest...
Yes sir,and that was the ONLY entry read by me actually,Your story hijacked all the time i had for other stories :skeleton:

So is Aziz up to a new adventure :hmm: Im guessing its a motivational technique to make me read another Muslim action thriller,interesting but a long one gah.. :heated:

aamirsaab
12-13-2012, 06:21 PM
hehe that's awkward..
Yes. Yes it is. :p

may I suggest that those who vote are able to vote for their three favorites in order of like? Sometimes one likes more than one entry but likes one a bit more and to keep that anonymous? I am just throwing an idea out there and we have to go by the honor and honestee of those who have written that they won't try anything funny that's all :skeleton:
Hmm, it's an interesting thought. But I guess it depends entirely on the amount of entrants. If we only have 3 like last year, and everyone votes for the three they like = no actual winner hahaha.

If we had over 12 or so entrants, then I could see it working. Until then, it's the cut-throat method of one vote only! And hopefully, voters will be a lot more forthcoming with their feedback this time around....

Yes sir,and that was the ONLY entry read by me actually,Your story hijacked all the time i had for other stories :skeleton:
The contest was open for a month....you didn't have to read every entry on the same day :p

So is Aziz up to a new adventure :hmm: Im guessing its a motivational technique to make me read another Muslim action thriller,interesting but a long one gah.. :heated:
No sequels this time as it would conflict with the rules. Although now that you mention it, I am strongly thinking of writing a book about his adventures. But back to the thread.

Periwinkle18
12-14-2012, 01:33 PM
I am strongly thinking of writing a book about his adventures.
oh goodie :)

Paprika
12-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Where are the stories?

aamirsaab
12-14-2012, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
Where are the stories?
The deadline is not until 23rd December. The stories will be viewable shortly after. In previous contests [links to all of them in the first post of this thread] it's usually been one day after.

Endymion
12-14-2012, 05:55 PM

The contest was open for a month....you didn't have to read every entry on the same day :p
It took me 3 days reading the whole story,didn't i mention before im really bad at online reading ^o) And i was done just after that :hmm:

No sequels this time as it would conflict with the rules. Although now that you mention it, I am strongly thinking of writing a book about his adventures.
Aha that will be great :statisfie As every body knows im the person behind the idea,im hoping to get a free copy along with writer's signature :D

But back to the thread.
And we are strictly following the rules plz don't invite Red or (fellow) blue creatures +o(

Cabdullahi
12-14-2012, 08:14 PM
I would like to take part insha'Allah, how many days are left until submission?

aamirsaab
12-14-2012, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
I would like to take part insha'Allah, how many days are left until submission?
Twice in the same day this has been asked....and twice I shall answer.

23rd December is the deadline (just over a week now...). PM your completed story to Yanal by that date. The rules are stipulated in the very first post on page 1 of this thread.

Innocent Soul
12-15-2012, 11:21 AM
^ You are acting like a teacher. All the silly students just keep on asking the same or silly questions whose answers are already explained. :D

I think you should not feed them and others are just try to show their impatience :p

CosmicPathos
12-17-2012, 04:33 AM
I am almost done my story (need to polish it). I understand that I can write a small book out of it, so it shall not be a "complete" story as this is just a "short story" contest. I hope it will be worth it, iA.

Yanal
12-19-2012, 01:56 AM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters,

Be sure to send in your entries by the deadline, I shall be creating a thread soon insha'Allaah where I will be compiling all the entries into it.

Periwinkle18
12-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Walaikum assalam

Sent mines :)

Muhaba
12-19-2012, 01:41 PM
i only recently started writing a story. i don't think i can complete it in the next few days or polish it. It needs a lot of research and i can't finish it right now. still i don't want to miss the contest, so i'll enter it as it is. not for competition, since i don't think it has any chance of winning. but just because i can't let the contest pass without me entering. it makes me sad. so in-sha-Allah, in couple of days i'll send mine in.

جوري
12-19-2012, 05:10 PM
can't the deadline be extended until Jan 1st for the sister?

:w:

Muhaba
12-19-2012, 05:34 PM
which sister? me, thanks but no thanks. I don't think i can work on the story or improve it. I just haven't got the time. and I'm in the process of publishing my book so i'm busy with that, and besides lately i haven't the spirit to write. no way i can finish it even by Jan. 1. i'll see what i can do and then send in my incomplete story. it'll feel good just havin g something in the contest.

jazak-Allaho khair anyway.

Muezzin
12-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Er.. I'm in favour of extending the deadline to 28 December. Unless everyone is okay with the current deadline of 23 December.

Cabdullahi
12-19-2012, 08:32 PM
28th is perfect!...I'm trying to find people to help me improve my story. One brother has helped so far and a certain Egyptian doctor answered one or two medical queries for me. Alhamdulilah

sister herb
12-19-2012, 09:24 PM
28th is ok...

Cabdullahi
12-19-2012, 09:32 PM
maybe 25th? 2 day extension

aamirsaab
12-19-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm cool with 28th. Gives me some more time to add even more finishing touches. I've got my story finished in terms of overall structure and am 80% through the second coat. Just making sure all my bells and whistles are in place, characterization is on point and that the plot is water-tight. I'll probably get it finished by tomorrow actually but still, an extention is an extention ;)

Not long to go now folks!

Cabdullahi
12-19-2012, 09:49 PM
My story will be one of a kind - not sure if uniqueness will be enough for it to win though.

sister herb
12-19-2012, 10:25 PM
I think the stories of every of us are very uniqueness... for win or not, but give some fun or give thoughts to others.

Endymion
12-20-2012, 09:23 AM
My story will be one of a kind - not sure if uniqueness will be enough for it to win though.
Im sure it will be.Macaroni heart attack and psycho Sandwich gave me the idea :omg:

aamirsaab
12-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Just realised my entry has a huge plot hole in it....not good.

Fortunately, I've got a cunning plan to fix it. Let's hope it works!

Roll on 28th Dec!

Signor
12-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Fortunately, I've got a cunning plan to fix it. Let's hope it works!

Roll on 28th Dec!
Pre-Poll ragging(rolling on deadline using his brute force of being a moderator^o)).....hmmm,certainly not good:statisfie

Muezzin
12-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Actually, I suggested the extension.

Because nobody seems opposed to it, I have now sneakily extended the deadline to 28 December 2012

Cabdullahi
12-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Good news...I'm glad that I took part in this contest, i've never written a story before but I'm enjoying the whole experience of putting my crazy ideas on paper.

~Zaria~
12-20-2012, 09:51 PM
MashaAllah, Im so impressed with the dedication shown here! Theres talk of 'research', 'second coats' and medical consults - subhanAllah, Im out of my league here :P
I'll be a better judge than writer insha Allah - cant wait to read all your entries : )

Periwinkle18
12-21-2012, 05:47 AM
Same hea :) can't wait to read Sis harb , bro aamirsaab n bro cabdullahi's story :)

Sis Zaria did u write one too?

~Zaria~
12-21-2012, 06:25 AM
^ I was initially planning to, but I dont think fictional writing is my talent....

Its also takes time and effort to produce something meaningful. Big Ups to those who have entered. :thumbs_up

Cabdullahi
12-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Whoever knows me well will know the type of story i will write

Muhaba
12-27-2012, 06:09 PM
oooh just a day to go. i can't wait to read all of your stories. reading is so awesome!!!

Cabdullahi
12-27-2012, 06:55 PM
The latest we can hand in our stories...is today? or tomorrow?..i need to work on my ending about 900 words

aamirsaab
12-27-2012, 10:05 PM
The latest we can hand in our stories...is today? or tomorrow?..i need to work on my ending about 900 words
Latest is tomorrow. I'm aiming for 5-6 pm gmt personally.

Inshaallah, we can expect to read all the entries by this Saturday. Can't wait!

GuestFellow
12-27-2012, 10:08 PM
GIVE ME SOME STORIES! MA STORIES! NOM NOM NOM NOM *grabs fork and knife*

Cabdullahi
12-27-2012, 10:36 PM
readers should give a detailed review and rate our stories.

Periwinkle18
12-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Nemo wants to read the stories!!

Innocent Soul
12-28-2012, 11:43 AM
^ Same here! :unhappy: I think you will post it when my exams will start. imsad

sister herb
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Whoever knows me well will know the type of story i will write
Whoever knows me well couldn´t ever think what I wrote.

;D

Periwinkle18
12-28-2012, 12:08 PM
I hav a feeling mines is gng to b childish :p

We've got some amazing writers here. MashaAllah

Endymion
12-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Ready to read long stories

Edit.

I hav a feeling mines is gng to b childish :p

We've got some amazing writers here. MashaAllah
Don't ya worry Nemo,im not gonna participate :p

Periwinkle18
12-28-2012, 03:16 PM
^ wasn't talking abt u :p

aamirsaab
12-28-2012, 06:07 PM
I have now officially entered.
(waits for applause....doesn't get any...sadface)

To fellow contestants: good luck 'cus time's almost up!

To voters: Please don't be afraid to voice your opinions on the stories. For writers, whatever level they're at, any amount of feedback (whether it be a couple of lines or a 10 page assesment) is invaluable to them.

This being said, try and make it constructive. No LoL didn't reads (we got a bunch of those last year...) or cry baby comments or this sucks etc - that stuff is ANNOYING and NOT helpful. And depending on my biological clock, I might just delete them...

Seriously speaking: Be honest, be constructive and be forthcoming with your feedback. Many of us have spent hours, days and even weeks on our stories. The very least you could do as a reader and voter (on a forum no less), is post what you did and didn't like about the stories you just read.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

p.s: if you find it difficult to read off the screen, by all means feel free to print the stories out.

sister herb
12-28-2012, 06:50 PM
How many days we have time to vote?

Cabdullahi
12-28-2012, 07:06 PM

Cabdullahi
12-28-2012, 07:06 PM
guys im not at home i still need to fix a few things in my story, how long do i have left until it's squeaky bum time?

Periwinkle18
12-28-2012, 07:15 PM
^ start writing quick cuz I don't think u have much time

aamirsaab
12-28-2012, 07:21 PM
guys im not at home i still need to fix a few things in my story, how long do i have left until it's squeaky bum time?
Technically speaking, you have until 11.59 pm gmt tonight.

Regards voting time. I'm thinking maybe a month and a half after the contest actually starts?

So approx start date: 30/12/12
Approx end date: 14/02/13

Just an idea atm.

Cabdullahi
12-28-2012, 11:04 PM
can i get a day extension????

Cabdullahi
12-28-2012, 11:40 PM
or atleast 1 am extension?

aamirsaab
12-28-2012, 11:49 PM
I guess if you really need it 1 a.m is ok. Hopefully yanal will still be awake. Edit: Just get it done bro!

Apologies for any inconveniences over this matter, we over looked the exact time for deadlines. Won't happen next year that's for sure.

Muezzin
12-29-2012, 12:25 AM

I am happy because I have entered.

GuestFellow
12-29-2012, 12:48 AM

I am happy because I have entered.
Bollywood version of Chucky.

Cabdullahi
12-29-2012, 01:44 AM
I'm done!........I might not win but i'm pleased that i've expressed my idea on paper adequately

جوري
12-29-2012, 02:14 AM
I made a short film instead of a story.. this says everything I want to say and does everything I wanna do!

Muhaba
12-29-2012, 08:30 AM
i didn't enter. thought you all should know. i just didn't have time to finish and didn't have ideas either. actually i have a few works-in-progress but nothin i could enter at the moment. and entering a half-finished story didn't seem like a good idea and might not have been allowed either. Also i didn't want to take votes from other (complete) stories that deserved the votes more. In-sha-Allah i hope i'll have something for the next contest. in the meantime, i can't wait to read all your stories and vote.

Periwinkle18
12-30-2012, 03:54 AM
The stories?

Cabdullahi
12-30-2012, 07:17 AM
i hope there aren't many entries and i can pull off another 'cyber lies' insha'Allah.

My topic should have been about love, since most of the readers here are women. Maybe next time insha'Allah

Periwinkle18
12-30-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm stuck at the airport my flights delayed I so wish I could read the stories would have passed the time wht am I gng to do for 5 hrs :s

GuestFellow
12-30-2012, 01:39 PM
NO STORIES. WHERE'S MA STORIES! *angry*

Cabdullahi
12-30-2012, 04:20 PM
i would like to make a suggestion, instead of having all the stories posted one after another...why don't we post the names of each story in the form of a link...for example

My love for the beard WRITER

I know what kind of kebab you had last summer by amirsaab

What i was thinking when i made a sisters account and named myself 'abuqurah' by yanal

That way voters can choose a title which seems interesting to them..etc

sister herb
12-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Want all stories! :'(

aamirsaab
12-30-2012, 04:59 PM
i would like to make a suggestion, instead of having all the stories posted one after another...why don't we post the names of each story in the form of a link...for example...

...That way voters can choose a title which seems interesting to them..etc
The problem with that is you'd have to create a seperate thread for every single entry. Which is kind of pointless really.

I suppose we could have a hot link system though. So instead of scrolling down to view each story (and potentially ruining the endings), you can click the link and it takes you automatically to the appropriate entry. That is, if this forum even supports that kind of hot link?

How many people entered this year anyway? I've got myself. Cabdullahi, periwinkle and Muezzin all accounted for. What about the rest?

Cabdullahi
12-30-2012, 05:00 PM
brother cosmos has entered i think?

Cabdullahi
12-30-2012, 05:01 PM
When will the stories be released

sister herb
12-30-2012, 05:19 PM
I sended mine via moderator by the advice of br Muhammad. Ok, some kind of hot link system then if it is possible...

*wipe the nose and stop whining*

Muhaba
12-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Here's my story. It's partial so i didn't enter in the contest. but you can read it while you wait for the contest stories. (Note: this is just a draft version and needs work.)

Dec. 12, 2012
Nazia stared at the letter, her hands shaking. Just looking at it made her want to cry. She knew what the letter contained and yet was unable to open it.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, she finally picked up the pink and green flowered bulky letter, tore it open, and pulled out the contents, her hands still shaking.

Inside, for the first time, were the names and contact details of her parents and siblings as well as a couple of family photos. She read the first letter which was from her mother:

Dear Nazia,

How long it’s been that I could write personally to you. I have been waiting for this day for the past ten years. Finally it has come. Your brothers and sisters and your loving parents wish to meet you, if you allow. We have been dying to see you and the past ten years have been the most torturing ever!

My dear beloved daughter, in the past we wished to send photographs but the state social services didn’t allow us. Now that you have grown up, we can finally send photos, call each other, and even meet. Included here are just two family photographs, a current one of your father, two brothers and two sisters and myself; and an old one from 10 years ago. We will surely exchange more photos but even more than that we are eager to meet.

We hope you will agree to contact us and meet very soon. Please call us at 987654321. The social worker has told us that you would have to initiate direct contact otherwise we would have called you.

Your loving mother
Faiza

Also in the envelope were letters from her brothers and sisters. She had received many such letters in the past but they had no names or contact details. They only consisted of titles such as your brother 1, brother 2, etc. There was also a letter from her father, Ashraf.

As Nazia read the letters, she couldn’t help the tears rolling down her cheeks. And the question she kept asking: Why?

Why had they done this to her? Why had they treated her so badly ten years ago that the state child abuse organization had to take her away from them and not allow any contact except the letter-box contact? Why?

She recalled the time before she had been taken away. She had faced constant neglect, yelling, and beatings, always being treated differently from her two younger brothers. And then one day when she had hit her brother after he took her doll, her mother had pushed her so hard that she had fallen and broken her hand.

Her painful screams followed and the whole house had erupted in screams as her brothers (then 6 and 3 years old) had also started screaming. Her mother quickly picked her up and took her to the hospital, leaving the boys with her grandmother. “She fell” her mother had told the doctor. But Nazia had blurted out in between sobs: “Mommy pushed me.” That had made the doctor suspicious and so Nazia had been subjected to a full body examination, which had revealed some beating marks and a burn mark on her upper arm. And then, she had been taken away from them.

Nazia recalled it all so well. She had been 7 years old. Afterward, she had spent time in a foster care and then been adopted by a Moroccan Muslim childless couple. And for the next ten years the only contact she had with her birth family was through letter-box. She had learned that her mother had had two more daughters, one nicknamed after her (Bushra Nazia, now 9) and the other Sameena (now 6). Her parents were strictly watched by the state and had been warned that if any neglect or abuse was detected, both girls would also be taken away. The state also forbid them from taking the girls out of the country. And so her parents had been careful and had taken care of the girls well.

Nazia reread the letters and once again asked the question: why? Why had her parents treated her so badly? Didn’t they love her? Had they hated her? Why did it have to be the fear of punishment that made them treat her sisters better? Why couldn’t they themselves have treated them in a humanitarian manner?

She looked at her brothers’ and sisters’ photos. Her brothers were now 16 and 13. Nazia recalled herself hating her brothers and being of jealous of them. They had been loved dearly by her parents and were never subjected to such treatment which had made Nazia despise them. Their behavior had caused enmity between the siblings. And when she came to live with her Arab foster parents, who had also adopted two boys, Nazia expected to see the same discrimination. She had expected that the difference of behavior was innate and would exist everywhere; that girls were treated badly everywhere and boys were preferred. But as she lived with her new foster family, she was surprised at the loving and equal treatment that her foster parents gave the three children. Never was she subjugated to her two foster brothers. Why did they treat all of them alike while her own parents didn’t?

That was a question she pondered over often. Why was it that her foster parents could love all the children alike and not her own parents? What had made her parents hate the daughters? She recalled her female cousins being also treated badly compared to her male cousins although not in such an abusive manner. Males were simply preferred to the females in their family, yet the discrimination pained and angered her. Why was her birth family like that? Why didn’t they see all children alike, regardless of gender?

Nazia put the letters and photographs in her drawer along with many other letters from her family. Then took a novel from the bookcase to read. She decided that she wouldn’t be contacting her mother or father. She might contact her brothers and sisters later but not her parents. They had subjected her to ten years of pain and even more and she had no wish to contact them. Yeah, right, they had endured pain in the past ten years due to the separation, she thought. If they loved her so much, then why had they treated her so badly? Those days and her separation and time in foster care had scarred her greatly.

“Nazia, did you read your parents’ letter?” Her foster mother asked, looking into the den where Nazia was seated, the science fiction novel in her lap. She was lost in the world of fiction where she often escaped. It helped her forget the painful memories, at least for a while.

“Nazia, did you hear me?” Her foster mother Doha said.

Looking up from the novel, it took her a while to get back to the present and realize what Doha was talking about. “You know I hate talking about them,” Nazia replied. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“I know how you feel, but-”

“Look,” Nazia said, “when I’m ready, I will, okay.”

“Alright,” Doha said. Then she left.

And then, Nazia couldn’t help it, she started crying again. It was all so painful for her. If only someone would realize the pain she had endured. If only. Why did they have to keep reminding her? Why couldn’t they just leave her alone, let her forget? Didn’t they realize what an adopted child went through?

The book forgotten, Nazia went on crying in her lap.

“God, Nazia why are you crying like a baby?” her younger foster brother, Saif said, coming into the room. Nazia looked up and had the urge to punch him, but refrained from doing so. He wasn’t at fault even if what he said upset her even more.

“Somethings you will never understand,” she said instead.

“It’s that letter you got from your parents, isn’t it,” the 15 year old said. Without waiting for an answer, he added, “you know you’re not the only one who’s adopted.”

“I know, but it’s not like your case,” Nazia replied. Her tears now coming to a halt. She loved her kid foster brothers. They were one family and she was happy they were adopted too. It made her feel she wasn’t different or out of place; that they were all the same, even if their backgrounds were different. Nazia bent down and picked up the book that had fallen sometime while she was crying. “Your parents never did to you what mine did.”

“Oh yeah, no one likes being abandoned by their parents,” Saif said. “At least you weren’t thrown away like I was.”

“Your mother had no choice,” Nazia said. Saif’s mother had given birth illegitimately while being a teenager and had given the child up for adoption so no one would know about the illegitimate baby. While her other foster brother, 14 year old Hasan, had been forsaken by his westernized parents after divorce and had been given up for adoption. Both kids still had direct contact with their parents but Nazia’s case was entirely different. It was a painful one.

“That’s how you see it,” Saif said. “I see it as being unloved and it hurts more than you can imagine. Any parent that parts with their child does so because they don’t love them enough.”

“But your letters make you happy while the ones I receive only remind me of the pain,” Nazia said.

Saif shrugged. “Just let go of the past, Nazia.” Then he walked out the door.

“If it were that easy,” Nazia said.

The rest of the week, Nazia carried a load on her head. She was undecided whether to get into direct contact with her birth family or not. A social worker would come to talk to her at the end of the week but Nazia didn’t feel ready for anything. The whole issue was affecting her studies. And she needed to concentrate on that if she wanted to go to college. She wanted to get a scholarship so she wouldn’t depend on anyone for her tuition. She hated depending on anyone. All these issues kept her mind full and she walked around in a state of daze.

“Nazia just get it over with,” Hasan said while they sat at dinner one evening.

“What?” Nazia said.

“You look like you’re always thinking, like your mind is someplace else.” Hasan said.

“Yup,” Saif added. “You walk like a robot, like you’re on auto-pilot or something. And it’s scary.”

“I do not,” Nazia said. She knew an argument was about to start but she felt it might divert attention from her.

“You know, Nazia,” her foster father said, “I’m no one to tell you what to do in this matter but it might be a good idea to contact them, you know. Just ask them in person the questions in your head, so you can get it over with, move on.”

“I really don’t want to,” Nazia said. “It would be too painful. I don’t think –“

“Hear me out,” her foster father, Abu Fadl interrupted her. “Why not give them a call, have a talk, and then if you don’t want further contact, no one will force you to and your mind will be clear too. At least you won’t be in a state of indecision.”

“Give it a try,” Doha said. “The final decision is up to you, but we think you’re only harming yourself. This state of mind is not good.”

Nazia thought it over. “I guess you are right.” And she made up her mind to call them that same eveining. To ask just why they had done it. To get the answers to questions that had been in her mind the past ten years.

After dinner, Nazia went to the den and picked up the phone. Dialing her parent’s phone number, she waited for it to be picked up. It had been 5 days since she had received the letter.

“It’s Nazia,” she said into the phone when it was picked up.

“Nazia!!!” A woman squealed into the phone, her voice full of excitement. “My darling. How long I have waited to hear your voice.” Nazia realized it was her mother.

“Right,” Nazia replied, without feeling the least bit of emotion, only remorse.

“You don’t seem happy to talk to me.”

“Why would I be?” Nazia said.

“Huh?”

“Why did you do it?” Nazia said.

“Do what?” Her mother asked.

“What do you mean do what? You know well enough what I’m talking about.” She couldn’t help her voice from being raised and was glad she had closed the door behind her. She didn’t want anyone else to hear her. Lowering her voice, she went on, “Why did you abuse me so much that the state had to take me away from you?”

“Look Nazia that is not what I want to talk about. I want to celebrate, get-together. Not talk about the past.”

“But I do,” Nazia said. “I need answers. What you did put me through so much pain. And I want to kknow why you did it. Didn’t you love me?”

“Of course I loved you,” her mother said.

“Then why?”

There was a long silence, and Nazia wondered if her mother had left the phone. Then finally her mother said, “I don’t know.”

“How could you not know?” Nazia couldn’t help asking, trying hard to keep her voice low. She was near tears. “How could you hit your daughter, burn her hand, yell at her, treat her differently from your sons, suppress her and put so much fear in her with your treatment, push her and break her hand, and not know why you are doing it?! Didn’t you ever feel how you were affecting her? Didn’t you ever wonder how she might feel?”

Her mother sighed, “look Nazia, it is all so difficult.” She finally said. “We went through a lot because of all that.”

“Tell me about it,” Nazia said bluntly.

“After you were taken away and then Bushra was born we contemplated a lot. We thought about all that had happened and that it was all wrong. We had lost a precious child because of our carelessness.”

“Carelessness?” Nazia said. “You call all that carelessness?”

“It was, on our part. We followed a culture of girl-hating and we lost something so precious to us. When you were taken away, we received the worst punishment that we could have imagined. And we realized how precious you had been to us and how much we wanted to turn back time and undo what had happened but it was not possible. I guess it was all a lesson for us.

“When bushra was born,” her mother went one, “we received threats that she would be taken away too if we were not careful, but we didn’t love and care for her because of that. We did so because we saw her as a replacement of you. Nazia, no mother wants her child to be taken from her. You don’t know how much we loved you and how much we wish we could undo things so that none of that had taken place. Yes, it’s true that we had done things that were wrong but we were ignorant, blindly following a culture without thinking and we suffered because of it too. Please, Nazia, can you forgive us?” Her mother said and Nazia realized that she was sobbing.

And then she learned that the whole time had been an ordeal for them as well. But could she forgive them? Their actions had put her through so much pain, could so forgive them and forget it all so suddenly? She didn’t know. She didn’t think she was ready to take that step yet. She still had questions unanswered and she needed answers. And she needed them now.

“But why, if you loved me and couldn’t bear to part with me, why did you do what you did.”

“I wish I knew the answer, Nazia.” Her mother said. “Like I said already, it was all a culture. Girls were loved less, boys were preferred, girls were treated badly, it was what we learned in this culture and I admit it is one awful culture. But while we were living it, we didn’t know the right from the wrong. We just followed a culture. Just went with the flow. We were so used to it that we were blind to see how wrong it was and what its effects were on the children. We know we shouldn’t have been so blind but we just couldn’t see. Please at least try to understand.”

“I’ll think about it,” Nazia said.

“Can you meet us at least? Please?” Her mother begged.

“I’ll think about that too,” Nazia said. There was a huge lump in her throat and she felt that there was a huge barrier of pain that was too difficult for her to cross. Could she cross it? Could she forget everything that had happened and forgive her parents? She didn’t know just yet.

“Okay, I understand if you don’t want to. But can you at least talk to your father and sibs? They’re dying to hear your voice.”

“I guess,” Nazia said.

Her father took the phone. “Nazia look I am sorry. I don’t know how to make it up to you.” He said.
“There was a time when we were angry – with ourselves, with you, with the state, with fate, but we’re glad now for what happened, it opened our eyes. And I’m happy the time has finally come when we can talk and maybe meet.”

“Uhhuh,” was all Nazia could say. She couldn’t bring any love or emotion into her voice. She just wasn’t ready to forgive her parents yet. Whatever had happened had been their fault. She felt they deserved all the pain they got. Yet, she realized that the whole time was an ordeal for them too. But still she didn’t feel any love or sympathy for them, even if a part of her wanted to forget about everything and just forgive them, to start a new chapter in her life.

“Okay, well I hope you’ll think about meeting us.” Then he gave the phone to her brothers and sisters.

Nazia spoke to them more cheerfully.

“Can we meet, please please?”, her younger brother now 13 said. “Please?” Nazia wondered if her parents were edghing him to say that but he seemed so eager and sincere that Nazia couldn’t say no. Besides she was dying to meet her real brothers and sisters. And finally, she said, “yeah I guess that would be alright. I’ll let you know when.” And then she briefly spoke to her other brother and sisters before hanging up.

Over the next few days it was decided that they would meet at the park the next weekend. Her foster family would accompany her and a counselor would come along to support her. If that went well, she’d continue to meet her birth family. If not, at least she hoped to continue meeting her siblings if not her parents. She was unsure whether she could forgive her parents or not.

To be continued

What will happen in the meeting? How will it go? Will Nazia forgive her parents or not? Find out in part 2.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-30-2012, 06:57 PM
i missed the deadline :(

Periwinkle18
12-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Can the Akhi still send his story??

aamirsaab
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Can the Akhi still send his story??
I guess technically speaking he can still enter. Especially since Yanal hasn't even been on-line for the past two days....and the contest itself hasn't officially started.

So technically he could still enter....;)

Yanal
12-31-2012, 11:22 PM

I apologize for my negligence, I was out of town for two days, sudden plan so I was unable to log in and inform you all:embarrass. I shall be compiling the stories shortly, jazakAllaah khayr for your patience, may Allaah reward you all.

Cabdullahi
12-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Yanal, i would like you to edit the format of my story - check your messages!.

I'm not happy about the order the stories are in, stories that come last are not read with the same enthusiasm as the stories that come first, second or third in the order.

It's a shambles!. Nobody goes to a shop and ignores the items on the shop window to go and buy an item they cannot see, preposterous!. I proposed the link system which is a fairer system.

Yanal
01-01-2013, 12:17 AM
Yanal, i would like you to edit the format of my story - check your messages!.

I'm not happy about the order the stories are in, stories that come last are not read with the same enthusiasm as the stories that come first, second or third in the order.

It's a shambles!. Nobody goes to a shop and ignores the items on the shop window to go and buy an item they cannot see, preposterous!. I proposed the link system which is a fairer system.

As I mentioned I was to post the entries as accordingly to when I received them. Perhaps the link system can be implemented for next year,insha'Allaah. I have given the poll 30 days(if its in everyones will to increase this number then we can,insha'Allaah), so there is no haste in voting or reading the entries, so the issue of who's first affecting the results do not factor in, insha'Allaah.

All the very best to all those who entered in this contest! JazakAllaah Khayr for taking your precious time to write these wonderful stories to enlighten us members :). May Allaah bless you all. Please remember to vote!

Cabdullahi
01-01-2013, 12:21 AM
I must say Yanal has truly delivered even though he delayed slightly because of him taking some time out to spend christmas (Audhubillah!) with his wife and kids.

Yanal
01-01-2013, 12:23 AM
I must say Yanal has truly delivered even though he delayed slightly because of him taking some time out to spend christmas (Audhubillah!) with his wife and kids.
^o)...

Periwinkle18
01-01-2013, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

I apologize for my negligence, I was out of town for two days, sudden plan so I was unable to log in and inform you all:embarrass. I shall be compiling the stories shortlyou, jazakAllaah khayr for your patience, may Allaah reward you all.
Yayyy can't wait to read the stories.

aamirsaab
01-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Masha'allah six entries this year! What's even better is they're all very different and the overall quality is probably the highest it's ever been with many genres presented - there's literally something for everyone. Very pleasing to see and read I must say!

It's going to be a tough contest me thinks so get reading everybody!

Periwinkle18
01-01-2013, 01:15 PM
what you've read them already?? :(

aamirsaab
01-01-2013, 01:57 PM
what you've read them already?? :(
Of course! I've been waiting a whole year for this haha! And I think I've figured out who's wrote what....:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!