/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions that shouldn't be asked in Islam?

Samiun
10-11-2012, 08:49 AM
:sl: I've noticed that there are somethings in life that we shouldn't be asking(as a Muslim) as it consumes our time and waste our effort. Can any1 recommend me any book on the subject? Furthermore, I wanna know how long humans have lived but I felt that it falls into this category? I have no idea..:heated::heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hur575
10-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Brother who told you this ?? in Islam we are allowed to ask questions, and seek knowledge, our faith is not based on blind faith.

Some scholars say we should not ask about things that will not benefit us, and we will not find answers for, for example Allah's Establishment Over the Throne, because nobody knows, and will not benefit anyone but even this question has been asked, and many scholars discussed it.

We are allowed to ask questions in Islam, and everything should make sense, and if it does not you should ask people of knowledge, and I am sure you can ask/ investigate how long humans have lived .

I truly believe that Islam is a religion that promotes and encourages reason as the Quran has stated in Surah Al Jathiyah.
“And in the succession of night and day, and in the means of subsistence which God sends down from the skies, giving life thereby to the earth after it had been lifeless, and in the change of the winds: in all this there are messages for people who use their reason.”

Samiun
10-11-2012, 10:21 PM
:sl: yes ur post sums it all up, jazkallahkhaira for the answer. Do u know of any books that talk about the subject?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!