/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam Alaykum My name is Shenaz

shenazy
10-14-2012, 06:52 AM
Salaam Alaykum everyone!

My name is Shenaz, and I'm glad to be apart of this forum. I look forward to getting to know you better. A little more about me - I'm 25, live in California, and an interesting tidbit about me is that my parents are Shia muslims (dawoodi bohra specifically) while I consider myself Sunni. So i know both sides of the coin and am comfortable with the difference in the Shia Sunni beliefs. It's not as big of a deal as it may sound, but its just a way to understand my background. May Allah guide us all! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
10-14-2012, 07:17 AM
:salamext:

Welcome to the forums sister shenaz :D inshaa Allah you'll enjoy it here

Pure Purple
10-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Walaikum assalam
Sister shenaz,I am glad to have you here.I have been company of Dawoodi bohri friends.What brought your attention to become sunni?I excited to hear your story,inshallah we will become good friends.

shenazy
10-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Salaam Alaykum Pure Purple!

Alhamdulilah it's so nice to meet you. Becoming a sunni has been more of a lifelong journey for me.. started when I was young. I always questioned Shia beliefs and gradually Alhamdulilah found Islam as it should be. But i respect that everyone can have their personal choice. but the belief in Allah and His Messenger alone are so clear SubhanAllah.

How many Dawoodi Bohra's do you know? Are they very strict in their belief?

Looking forward to learning more about you!

Jazak Allah,
Shenaz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shenazy
10-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Salaam Alaikum Qatada,

thank you for the warm welcome! looking forward to increasing in my Knowledge here insha'Allah! May Allah make it beneficial for all of us :)

Shenaz

Muslim Woman
10-17-2012, 08:00 AM
:wa:

Sis, Welcome here .

may be ,u can tell us more about the Shia concepts that u did not like .

Pure Purple
10-17-2012, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shenazy
Salaam Alaykum Pure Purple!

How many Dawoodi Bohra's do you know? Are they very strict in their belief?

Looking forward to learning more about you!

Jazak Allah,
Shenaz
I can't say about this ,you can't blame entire community bcoz of small group of people.
I know they pray only 3 times.They combine other two prayers in night.All I know their scholars celebrate birthday.and most of their functions are conducted in mosque combined with men and women.
The other bohra community don't remember name proper(alavi bohra) women don't wear hijab.

Also any person who is not a scholar is not allowed to read and understand their quran.What mola says you have to follow it.Don't raise question against them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!