/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic - Question Answer Thread

Bint-e-Adam
10-14-2012, 02:04 PM
:sl:
I am posting this post because i have a lot of question about Arabic grammar and other also.
So instead of asking it by any other source. i directly made this thread so that whatever questions i have to ask, post them here. and let all of u also to solve your confusions also.
Wassalam:heated:

here is my first Question:
if The text of arabic i am reading is mostly in arabic without showing vowels, as simple text written in websites also.
then how can we understand the meaning?
as for example sometimes it beccome very important to see vowels.as for S+O+V
in this u said the subject is recognized by "dhamma" and the object is recognized by "fatha". if there will be no signs shown then what?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bint-e-Adam
10-14-2012, 02:18 PM
القرد و النجار
و ھو مثل من تکلف من القول و الفعل ما لیس من شکله.
زعموا ان قردار ای نجار ایشق خشية ، و هو راکب علیھا ، و کلما شق منہا ذراعا ادخل فیھا و تدا.فوقف ینظر الیه، و قد اعجبہ ذلک ثُم ان النجار ذھب لبعض شانہ. فقام القرد. و تکلف ما لیس من شانہ. فرکب الخشية ، و جعل وجہہ قبل الوتد . و ظہرہ قبل طرف الخشية ، فتدلی ذنبہ فی الشق ، و نزع الوتد، فلزم الشق علیہ ، فکاد یغشی علیہ من الالم ، ثم ان النجار وافاہ ، فاصابہ علی تلک الحالة ، فاقبل علیہ يضربه ، فکان ما لقی من النجار ، من الضرب ، اشد مما أصابه من الخشية.
مغزاه : اعط القوس باريها .

what is the meaning of this whole story?
and also explain its first line...
translate it please :)

Bint-e-Adam
10-15-2012, 01:26 AM
لا أحد منكم تزوره هذه صفحة. :(

Muwaahid
10-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Just to make a few things clear, is it possible to know if you went through inna wa akhwaatuhaa and kana wa akhwaatuhu and dhanna wa akhwaatuhaa? Because aside from basic vocabulary you need to know how these words apply in different cases and what they do to other words in a sentence? There are other words or expression that will help you grasps words and how they are vowelled. There are expressions called har or huroof [plural of harf] like من, و الى و على و في و با و كاف و لام و ربّ و لكن و ليس and other words that change the way certain words are vowelled. this is why the ajurmiyyah is very important because it is basically gives you the skeleton of the arabic language and shows you how different words interact with other words.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint-e-Adam
10-15-2012, 05:33 AM
yes akhee i have studied them.. haruf :)

Bint-e-Adam
10-15-2012, 06:12 AM
هلا وألف غلا
what is its meaning?

Bint-e-Adam
10-15-2012, 02:17 PM
i want to ask about on thing more:
in "Murakkab Idafi" , i have a little confusion in only two things:
please i hope u will guide me. in-shaa-Allah.

1)I have an example as written in my grammar text book:
"جاء أبو بكر" Abu Bakr came.
" رأيت أبا بكر." i saw Abu Bakr.
"ذهبت إلى أبي بكر." i went to Abu Bakr.
what is rule or grammar of changing of Abu BAkr?

2)
i have read many times a Murakkab Idafi in Surah Alnoor:

"خطوات الشيطان "
i want to ask here that i have read three rules of murakab e idafi.
=> a mudaf is normally marfoo.
=> if a mudaf is preceded by Harf Nidaa or 'Inna' then it will get maftooh.
=> if a mudaaf is preceded by A Harf then it will get maksoor.

but i want to ask here.
in this murakab "خطوات الشيطان " mudaaf "خطوات " is maksoor(having Kasra) below it. and it is not also preceded by any harf or something like that.please tell me its grammra?

Bint-e-Adam
10-15-2012, 02:46 PM
as we know Maddaf ilaih is always maksoor.
But i read today that Ahmed can not by maksoor.
as we say :
"Zadun Daraba Amran"
but we cannot say:
"zaidun Daraba Ahmadan"
Why?
there is written here that this a Mabni Word
what else are mabni please provide me its list.
and also how can i learn the whole lengthy list of mabni words :(

Muwaahid
10-15-2012, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat

***Jaa'a abu bakr abu bakr came, there is nothing acting upon it from the awaamil [things that change the word]
abu is from asmaa'u khamsah [the five asmaa] abooka, akhooka, wa famooka wa dhu maalin so if you were to say ra'aytu abaa bakri" because you have the fi'l [verb] ra'aa to see and the faa'il the one doing the action and the maf'oolun bihi which is aboo it become abaa because its the object of the verb meaning he is the one being seen. ra'aytu abaa bakri because bakri is mudaaf ilayhi so it takes kesrah as for dhahabtu ilaa abee bakr i went to abee bakr you have the preposition ilaa meaning to so the foundation of the word is abu but ilaa entered upon it so it turns to abee , you get it? please read the ajurmiyyah there is a whole chapter on it, very simple chapter, very small,all your answers are there in the ajurmiyyah

2)

"خطوات الشيطان "

but i want to ask here.
in this murakab "خطوات الشيطان " mudaaf "خطوات " is maksoor(having Kasra) below it. and it is not also preceded by any harf or something like that.please tell me its grammra?
mudaaf ilayhi is also present in the ajurmiyyah all under chapter titles.

Bint-e-Adam
10-16-2012, 11:31 AM
what is its meaning???

Pure Purple
10-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Sister you reached to high levels of arabic,I am beginer : (

Bint-e-Adam
10-17-2012, 12:39 AM
^ Awww Sister i am also beginner of very first level....

Shaykha
10-17-2012, 07:27 PM
2)

"خطوات الشيطان "

but i want to ask here.
Assalamu 'Alaykum W.W Sister...
First Of All You Have To Bear In Mind That The Word خطوات Is Theجمع Of The Word خظوة . Therefore, In Haalat Dhammi Itll Read As Khutuwaatun And In Haalat Kesri And Fathi Itll Read As Khutuwaatin. Thats A General Rule Of Feminine Plurals Which Have Alif And Taa At The End That In Haalat Dhammi It'll Be 'Aatun' And In Haalat Kesri And Haalat Fathi Itll Be 'Aatin'.

لَا تَتَّبِعُوا خُطُوَاتِ الشَّيْطَانِ ... In This Case The Phrase Is A Murakkab Idhaafi And It Joins Together To Become The Maf'ool Of The F'il Before It (Dont Follow The Footsteps Of Shaytaan). Hence Maf'ool Is Always In Haalat Fathi, Therefore It'll Be Khutuwaati.

Hope That Makes Sense To You.

Shaykha
10-17-2012, 07:32 PM
as we know Maddaf ilaih is always
maksoor.
But i read today that Ahmed can not by maksoor.
as we say :
"Zadun Daraba Amran"
but we cannot say:
"zaidun Daraba Ahmadan"
Why?
there is written here that this a Mabni Word
what else are mabni please provide me its list.
and also how can i learn the whole lengthy list of mabni words
First Of All You Need To Understand That In Accordance To The I'Raab Of An Ism (Noun) Theres Two Types Of Words:
المعرب And المبنى
المعرب Is That Word Which Accepts All I'raab- In Accordance With What The 'Aamil (Cause) Requires. (Declinable)
المبنى Is That Word Which Is Constant On One Particular I'raab No Matter What The 'Aamil Requires It'll Remain As It Is. (Indeclinable)

Now, المعرب Has 2 Types:
- غير المنصرف When There Are 2 Causes Or One Cause Equivalent To Two From The 9 Aspects/Causes (Mentioned Below) Are Found In That Word. This Word Generally Does Not Accept A Kesrah And Can Never Accept A Tanween. [The Word 'Ahmad Falls In This Type]
- المنصرف Those Words That Accept All 3 Harakaat And Tanween.

1. 'Adl
2. Wasf
3. Ta'neeth
4. 'Alam/Ma’rifah
5. 'Ujma
6. Tarkeeb
7. Alif Noon Zaaidataan
8. Wazn Al-F'il- A Noun Which Is On Scale Of A Verb.
9. Jama3 Muntahi Al-Jumoo'

The Word/Name Ahmad Is غير المنصرف And Falls Under The Category 8 (Wazn Al-F'il) As "Ahmad" Is A Noun Which Is On The Scale Of "Af'al" Hence, Will Not Accept A Kesrah Or A Tanween.

Your Correct That Ahmad Cannot Be Maksoor. Also, We Cannot Say "Zaidun Daraba Ahmadan" As Ahmad Cannot Accept A Tanween. It'll Be "Zaidun Daraba Ahmada".

Hope This Helps.

hur575
10-18-2012, 04:13 PM
what is its meaning???
Sister this is a greeting in gulf dialect, like أهلا وسهلا

Bint-e-Adam
10-19-2012, 12:24 PM
okay bu tcan u provide these deatails in Arabic text?? it is written in english so i cannot understand each word:)

hur575
10-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Sister I can't pm, I am not green yet :hmm:

Bint-e-Adam
10-19-2012, 12:39 PM
okay so i will give you my email address .. contact me and reply to it...

Bint-e-Adam
10-19-2012, 01:00 PM
what is the difference in between Jidraan And Jidaar??? as both means Wall

hur575
10-19-2012, 01:11 PM
one is singular and the other is pleural
Jidraan = pleural
Jidaar = singular

Bint-e-Adam
10-24-2012, 02:39 PM
plural you mean Dual?

Bint-e-Adam
10-28-2012, 01:29 PM
My Questions:
1. what is the Word "مال " mean here?

2. what is the method of making "حال " and"تمييز" grammatically? as both looks similar also as both contanins "alif tanween " at the end??? what is prcoedure also to make it form a root word?

3. what are the grammar of: ذاهب ? procedure of amking it?
4. what is the meaning and grammar of "يكون " and what is the difference between "كان " and "يكون" ??
5. يوم لا الخميس. what is the meaning of "laa" in it?
6. surah - Inshiqaq:

why is it written "أعلم" as it means: i know. instead in the Ayah it should be used يعلم grammaticaly accordng to meaning. Wa Allah ilam.
7. what is the difference in use of "أو" and "أم " as they have same meanings...???
8. What are the possible meanings and uses of word: "كانت "???

جوري
10-28-2012, 03:34 PM
plural you mean Dual?
dual would be jidaryen, she put it correctly for you it is plural.

:w:

Shaykha
10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
1. what is the Word "مال " mean here?

And they say, "What is this messenger that eats food and walks in the markets? Why was there not sent down to him an angel so he would be with him a warner?

The Word "مال " Is Not One Word. It Is ما Meaning 'What?' And ل Is A Prepostion Meaning 'For'.. Like When You Say 'للولد' It Means 'For The Boy' So The Word Here Is Not "مال " Its ما And ل Separately. :)

4. what is the meaning and grammar of "يكون " and what is the difference between "كان " and "يكون" ??
The Word "يكون " Is The Imperfect Tense Word For The Word "كان " Which Is In The Past Tense. "كان " Means 'It Was' And "يكون" Means 'It Is/Will Be'.

6. surah - Inshiqaq:
why is it written "أعلم" as it means: i know. instead in the Ayah it should be used يعلم grammaticaly accordng to meaning. Wa Allah ilam.

And Allah is most knowing of what they keep within themselves.

The Word "أعلم" Is A Superlative. Meaning 'Most Knowing' It Does Not Appear To Be The Verb 'علم يعلم' In This Aayah. And Your Right That أعلم Does Mean 'I Know' However As It Is Used In A Different Context Here, It Means 'Most Knowing'.

Muwaahid
10-28-2012, 07:49 PM

This refers to the chapter entitled in the ajurmiyyah asmaa'u khamsah its really an excellent book you really should download and use it as a reference, at any rate if i were to say ra'aytu abaaki which means I saw your father [fem] but for male I would say ra'aytu abaaka I saw your father [masculine] the orgin of the word is Abu its marfoo because nothing from the awaamil is acting upon it. if we look at the word abooka [your father] it is still marfoo because nothing from the awaamil is acting upon it but if we were to enter upon the word abooka something from the awaamil like a fi'l or a harf from amongst the huroof then we would notice a significant change, lets see what happens when we add to abooka a verb like "ra'aytu to the word abooka becomes abaaka as in ra'aytu abaaka meaning I seen your father" why does it take fathah? because it is maf'oolun bihi so it becomes mansoob no longer marfoo it becomes mansoob you get it? lets add a harf from amongst the huroof to abooka which its orgin is marfoo because none of the awaamil are acting upon it right? Right! Lets add the preposition ma3 with to the word abooka and see what it does.... dhahabtu ma3 abeeka ilaa masjidi" I went WITH you father to the masjid" ok why is it abeeka and not abooka? because i added the word ma3 [with] so it made abooka become abeeka because i added the word ma3, you get it? Now in your original post you listed the first example jaa'a abu bakr Abu Bakr came, in this example there is nothing from the awaamil acting upon abu bakr it merely is just a statement of fact, "abu bakr came" but once something from the awaamil enters upon it, it changes the words from asmaa'ul khamsah please look up asmaa'ul khamsah in the ajurmiyyah or google it insha Allah
2)

"خطوات الشيطان "

but i want to ask here.
please read the ajurmiyyah it is explained beautifully there

Bint-e-Adam
10-29-2012, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shaykha
The Word "مال " Is Not One Word. It Is ما Meaning 'What?' And ل Is A Prepostion Meaning 'For'.. Like When You Say 'للولد' It Means 'For The Boy' So The Word Here Is Not "مال " Its ما And ل Separately. :)
but akhtee, the laa prepostition is always written joint with other words. why is it seperate? is it possible to write it seperatly? and what will be the rule?

Bint-e-Adam
10-29-2012, 01:07 AM

The Word "أعلم" Is A Superlative. Meaning 'Most Knowing' It Does Not Appear To Be The Verb 'علم يعلم' In This Aayah. And Your Right That أعلم Does Mean 'I Know' However As It Is Used In A Different Context Here, It Means 'Most Knowing'.
Ukhtee, can you give me a list of superlative and comparative degrees chart or source? so i can read and study degrees of adjective thoroughly. jazakAllah ul khair...:nervous:

Shaykha
10-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Shaykha The Word "مال " Is Not One Word. It Is ما Meaning 'What?' And ل Is A Prepostion Meaning 'For'.. Like When You Say 'للولد' It Means 'For The Boy' So The Word Here Is Not "مال " Its ما And ل Separately. but akhtee, the laa prepostition is always written joint with other words. why is it seperate? is it possible to write it seperatly? and what will be the rule?
Ukhtee, Your Correct. Generally The Preposition ل Is Joint Onto The Ism After It, However, With The Word 'Haatha' Theres An Exception Because The Word 'Haatha' Is From Amongst The 'Mabniyyaat' Words. Therefore The Word 'Haatha' Will Always Remain The Same In Whatever State. You Will Not Be Able To Add 'Al' The Definite Particle Onto It.

_Y168
10-29-2012, 10:39 PM
:salamext:.

I hope that you're all well and in the best of Health, Imaan and Islamic prosperity.

I am studying 'Arabic grammar and I was wondering if there are any Websites or great sources of Information that anyone could share with me to assist in my learning. Jazaakumullaahu Khayran.

:wasalamex.

Bint-e-Adam
10-30-2012, 07:34 AM
:wa:
Akhtee gee. Brother Muwaahid has shared a website:
http://www.islamicboard.com/arabic/134315666-qad-aflaha-mujtahidoon-ones-who-exert-themselves-shall-successful.html

and also ajrumiyya:
http://www.islamicboard.com/arabic/1...lanations.html

Bint-e-Adam
10-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Ukhtee, Your Correct. Generally The Preposition ل Is Joint Onto The Ism After It, However, With The Word 'Haatha' Theres An Exception Because The Word 'Haatha' Is From Amongst The 'Mabniyyaat' Words. Therefore The Word 'Haatha' Will Always Remain The Same In Whatever State. You Will Not Be Able To Add 'Al' The Definite Particle Onto It.
akhtee it means with mabnee words no prepositions and "al" can be attached :)

Bint-e-Adam
10-31-2012, 10:57 AM
No one has answered my all questions :(

Bint-e-Adam
11-01-2012, 12:38 PM
1) Ahmed awakens Ali. أحمد يوقظ علي
2)Ali woke up. استيقظ علي

What is the rule for this type of making words.
for example:

1) we will do it.
2) we will make them do it.

i mean to do a thing by yourself or to make some body to do smthng.and also:

what is the grammar of these words:
1: سيّر
which are having a shadd. what are their meanings?
i have seen most verbs having shadd... (ّ )

Bint-e-Adam
11-01-2012, 01:55 PM
what if i write:
أرسل
it has two meanings:
1. ) Send(command)
2. ) I Send.
am i right? is the same word use for both
as i know that it will be vowelled as:
"Arsil" command
"Arsala" i send...
but without vowel we would write the same word for both???

Bint-e-Adam
11-01-2012, 02:00 PM
What is the difference between
"جاء"
"يأتي"
as both means "come"...

Bint-e-Adam
11-01-2012, 02:09 PM
أحمد يشاء يأكل الطعام.
how will i make it a present tense "fi'l mudhharia".
the word "يشاء" what will be its form according to this sentence??

Bint-e-Adam
11-03-2012, 12:53 PM

Please tell me what is the meaning of "أنَّ " here?and its grammar also.please expalin??

Bint-e-Adam
11-03-2012, 12:56 PM
if i wish to say:
welcome my friends!
what is proper to say???
يا أيها صديقان or
يا أيها صديقين
as sdeqan will be of what airab? subjective or accusative?

Bint-e-Adam
11-03-2012, 01:53 PM
as in this ayah:
إِذْ قَالَ لاًّبِيهِ وَقَوْمِهِ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ

i want to ask if "ه " also follows the same rule as the noun follows.
i mean maksoor, majroor and maftooh?? as here "ه " is also majroor with its attached noun.

Muwaahid
11-03-2012, 02:27 PM
أحمد يشاء يأكل الطعام.
how will i make it a present tense "fi'l mudhharia".
the word "يشاء" what will be its form according to this sentence??
Its already in the fi'lul mudhaari3 the word originally is shaa'a to make it fi'lu mudhaari3 you add the prefix yaa so it becomes yashaa'u, generally speaking the past tense of every verb is vowelled with fathah in the beginning letter the middle letter and the ending letter for example fa'aa'la he did something ka ta ba he wrote akala he ate da ra ba he hit if you desired to make it present tense you just add any of these letters contained in the word "anaytu" thats the alif and the noon as in nahnu-we the yaa and the taa. All these are prefixed to the verb meaning added to the beginning of the word. By the way you can switch up the word orderas in yashaa'oo ahmad an yakula at-taa'am

Muwaahid
11-03-2012, 02:36 PM
as in this ayah:
إِذْ قَالَ لاًّبِيهِ وَقَوْمِهِ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ

i want to ask if "ه " also follows the same rule as the noun follows.
i mean maksoor, majroor and maftooh?? as here "ه " is also majroor with its attached noun.
I would imagine this verse is referring to Ibraaheem alayhi salam right? Wa idh qaala ibraheem li-abeehi wa qawmihi maa tabudoon" if so it takes kesra, i know this based on the recitation alone and also recently you were studying asmaa'u khamsah which aboo is from amongst them see how its no longer aboo but it becomes abee because of the lam? li-abeehi, you see? So Ibraheem [alayhi salam] was addressing his father and his people.

Muwaahid
11-03-2012, 02:46 PM
I believe its IRSIL FOR THE COMMAND AND THE VERB IS ARSALA AS IN HUWA ALLADHE ARSALA RASOOLAHU BIL HUDAA WA DEENUL HAQQ" SO ARSALA MEANS HE SENT

Muwaahid
11-03-2012, 03:05 PM
I think its easier to just use the yuqadhu ahmad aliyaan the fi'l then the faa'il then the maf'oolun bihi, its simpler and a bit clearer allahu alam

as for your second question i vaguely remember that chapter it maybe in medina book two, hmm you know the verb ka sa ra he broke well if you want to intensify the verb to show that he really broke it into pieces with force then you add a shaddah on the "seen" it indicated severity and also profession, well if my memory serves me correctly then if you desired to make some one do something you would add that shaddah to the middle letter and add the pronoun to the verb. We will do it "sa'naf'alu dhalika in shaa Allah. Now to make the other sentence you spoke of We will make them do it. Sa'naf aalahum dhalika. Allahu a'alam

Bint-e-Adam
11-03-2012, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muwaahid
Its already in the fi'lul mudhaari3 the word originally is shaa'a to make it fi'lu mudhaari3 you add the prefix yaa so it becomes yashaa'u, generally speaking the past tense of every verb is vowelled with fathah in the beginning letter the middle letter and the ending letter for example fa'aa'la he did something ka ta ba he wrote akala he ate da ra ba he hit if you desired to make it present tense you just add any of these letters contained in the word "anaytu" thats the alif and the noon as in nahnu-we the yaa and the taa. All these are prefixed to the verb meaning added to the beginning of the word. By the way you can switch up the word orderas in yashaa'oo ahmad an yakula at-taa'am
sorry i did wrong question.. :P i was asking about its maadhi form.
thanx u told me and understand my question by yourself :)
i have learnt forms of maddhi and mudharia :) al-hamdu-li-Allah... but i was confused for its past form.. jazakLAllah akhee

Bint-e-Adam
11-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I would imagine this verse is referring to Ibraaheem alayhi salam right? Wa idh qaala ibraheem li-abeehi wa qawmihi maa tabudoon" if so it takes kesra, i know this based on the recitation alone and also recently you were studying asmaa'u khamsah which aboo is from amongst them see how its no longer aboo but it becomes abee because of the lam? li-abeehi, you see? So Ibraheem [alayhi salam] was addressing his father and his people.
akhee i am sorrry but i asked somethng else,
my question is: the attached pronoun "ه" , what is its rule of Airaab? as is it also maksoor, majroor and maftooh. as in this ayah form surah Al-Shua'ra, relating to Hazrat Ibrahim Alaih Assalam, the word " li-abee", is maksoor because it is followed by preposition "Li". But wht about its pronoun "ه", will it gets the same airab as its attached noun???

Bint-e-Adam
11-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I think its easier to just use the yuqadhu ahmad aliyaan the fi'l then the faa'il then the maf'oolun bihi, its simpler and a bit clearer allahu alam

as for your second question i vaguely remember that chapter it maybe in medina book two, hmm you know the verb ka sa ra he broke well if you want to intensify the verb to show that he really broke it into pieces with force then you add a shaddah on the "seen" it indicated severity and also profession, well if my memory serves me correctly then if you desired to make some one do something you would add that shaddah to the middle letter and add the pronoun to the verb. We will do it "sa'naf'alu dhalika in shaa Allah. Now to make the other sentence you spoke of We will make them do it. Sa'naf aalahum dhalika. Allahu a'alam
but akhee what in the case of a word more than three letters. what wil be its middle letter???

Bint-e-Adam
11-11-2012, 12:32 AM
لاَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِهِ حَتَّى يَرَوُاْ الْعَذَابَ الاٌّلِيمَ
26:201 They will not believe in it until they see the painful torment.

in this ayah: what is the rule for يَرَوُاْ .as the word is normally يروا ?? why there is added a harkat on "waao"?

Muwaahid
11-11-2012, 04:21 AM
I believe hattaa is from the nawaasib that which makes the fi'lu mudhaari mansoob but it is hadhfun noon meaning the noon is dropped, originally the word would be yaroona but the noon is dropped, in the ajroomiyyah it explains it please see below:
http://theajaaroomiyyahblog.blogspot...ges-of-al.html
read the explanation for further clarification. The ajroomiyyah is essential in uinderstanding the lughah, I cannot emphasize this enough.. It is a resource a reference point for success in the lughah.

sameer123
11-25-2012, 07:22 PM
No one has answered my all questions :(
Please mention your unanswered post number.

Pure Purple
11-29-2012, 03:26 PM
:sl:
Sister seeking hidya,I finished upto Past tense and aorist tense.Will you please give any verb for practice.I will try to write the answer.:ia:

Pure Purple
12-02-2012, 04:07 PM
سَرَقوْا
They stole
سَرَقا
Both of them stole
سَرَقَ
He stole
Third person masculine
سَرَقْنا
They stole(Fem)
سَرَقََتا
Both of them stole(f)
سَرَقَتْ
She stole
Third person feminine
سَرَقْتُمْ
you all stole(M)
سَرَقْتُمَا
You both Stole(M)
سَرَقْتَ
You stole(M)
2nd person masculine
سَرَقْنا
We all stole
سَرَقْنا
Both of us stole
سَرَقْتُ
I stole
Ist person(masculine and feminine)
You gave me verb saraqa.I have written in past tense.

Bint-e-Adam
12-02-2012, 04:24 PM
jazakiAllah khair yaa akhtee.
Ma-shaa-Allah ...
all are right.
except one.. that u made mistake.

سَرَقْنا

it is not سَرَقْنا but it is سَرَقْن

format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple
سَرَقْنا

Bint-e-Adam
12-02-2012, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple
سَرَقوْا
They stole
سَرَقا
Both of them stole
سَرَقَ
He stole
Third person masculine
سَرَقْنا

They stole(Fem)
سَرَقََتا
Both of them stole(f)
سَرَقَتْ

She stole
Third person feminine
سَرَقْتُمْ
you all stole(M)
سَرَقْتُمَا
You both Stole(M)
سَرَقْتَ
You stole(M)
2nd person masculine
سَرَقْنا
We all stole
سَرَقْنا
Both of us stole
سَرَقْتُ
I stole
Ist person(masculine and feminine)

You gave me verb saraqa.I have written in past tense.
Dear Akhtee. May ALlah reward you the best From His Blessings. Amen.
Here is a Website For your help:
http://acon.baykal.be/
Hope it may help you...
you may check whether your conjugation are right or not.

Pure Purple
12-03-2012, 01:08 PM
^
:jz: sister for the link.I'll check there.^-^

Muwaahid
12-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I know this is a bit late but yes, when ever you have a harf from amongst the huroofil jaar then the pronoun takes the ruling of the word it is suffixed to or attached to as per your example,"wa idh qaala ibraheemu li abeehi wa qawmihi" "and when ibraheem said to his father and his people" so the "li" is a harf with to the same meanining as "ilaa" "to" Abeehi is as was mentioned previously is from asmaa'u sittah sometimes called asmaa'u khamsah. at any rate, the original word is abu when nothing is acting upon it however if we enter upon it something from the huroof al-jar then the iraab of that word changes to reflect the huroof that entered upon it. So lets enter the harf "li" onto the word Abu, it changes the word abu to abee and since it has the pronoun "ha" attached to the end of the word it also takes kesrah because of the "li". I hope this is a bit clearer now. Just an extra benefit for you and everyone else I will list the asmaa'u khamsah or asmaa'u sittah below.

1. Abu-Father
2. Akhu-Brother
3. Hamu-Father in law, relatives of the wife by marriage, in-laws
4. Fuu-with the meaning of [fam] meaning mouth
5. Dhu-meaning posessor of something for example Dhu Maalin [posessor of weath] or Dhu Sultaan possesor of authority
6. Hanna- Im not sure as to its meaning

As you know, they are all generally marfoo [vowelled with dummah] if nothing is acting upon them how ever if something enters upon them from amongst the awaamil then their iraabs change. We know that all of them are marfoo bil waw niyaabatan anid-dummah li'annahu minal asmaa'u khamsah aw sittah[all of the are marfoo with the letter "waw" in substititue for dummah because its from asmaa'ul khamsah or sittah] as in hadhara abooka [your father is present or here] faa'ilun marfoo bil waw niyaabatan anid dummah li annahu minal asmaa'u khamsah.

حضر أبوك : أبوك مرفوع بالواو نيابة عن الضمّة لآنه من الآسماء الخمسة
But lets enter something from the huroof al jaar like min
[from].

هذا كتاب من أبيك:
أبيك مجرور بالياء نيابة عن الكسرة لانه من الأسماء الخمسة
Abeeka majroor [vowelled with yaa] in substitute of kesrah because it is from asmaa'u khamsah.

Needless to say the mansoob form is vowelled with alif in substitute for fathah and that is because it is from asmaa'u khamsah as in:

ان أباك رجل طيّب
أباك منصوب بالألف نيابة عن الفتحة لانه من الآسماء الخمسة

Pure Purple
12-06-2012, 07:32 AM
I found link of word to word translation with three coloured version.It is very easy to understand grammar from this also urdu words which are used in arabic is mentioned.
reading surah maaaidah :http://www.scribd.com/doc/91638777/M...ur-aan-Para-06.
http://www.scribd.com/collections/36...ur-Aan-In-Urdu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!