/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Niqaab related question

Bint-e-Adam
10-15-2012, 02:37 PM
:sl: wa Rehmat Ul -Allah Barakatuh!
My Question is:
"As i want to Do veil, (Niqaab /hijaab of my face), And only because it is mustahib and Allah likes It.the main thing i want to ask all of u is:

these are niqabs:
niqabb num 1:

Niqaab num 2:

i do not do Niqaab of shyla with pins. as i like to do niqaab that is separately attached on eyes. all because., by doing first one niqab women look more beautiful and attractive so i think then what will be the benefit of Niqaab of face? as it is attracting yet.and also it is telling others about the shape of ypur face and beatuy also. i dont know why i think so. please all of u guide me if am wrong. beacuse Allah said not wear anything that attract other in way. as doing niqab number 2 i think the face is hidden and no one attract towards u. what is your opinion ? am i wrong or right?"

And one thing more:
Is it right in Islam:
To go outside like this:
please just clarify my confusions. as i dont like to go outside with any ring or embroided Abaya also. that it will attract others. is these type of Abayas allowed in ISlam and by wearing a simple watch and styling of Shyla with simplicity as here they have done:? :

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Zaria~
10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Assalamu-alaikum ukthi,

MashaAllah, for taking the first step towards niqaab....for the pleasure of Allah!
Theres no greater reason than this, subhanAllah : )

Im relatively new to wearing niqaab as well......Ive been phasing it in over the past year, and alhamdulillah, I now wear it full-time.

With regards to your question - I think niqaab #1 is ok, but without the excessive eye make-up and shaping of the eyebrows (which is haraam) as this defeats the purpose.

I wear a similiar type of niqaab to pic # 2, and I would like to try out the shyla type as well insha Allah.

There is no harm wearing abayas with a little embroidery/ colour or watches, etc. - if the intention is not for drawing attention to oneself.
I sometimes wear abayas that are partially open (from below mid-way), which partially reveals my dress/ skirt beneath it.
--> as long as the conditions for hijaab are ful-filled (i.e. the clothes do not reveal ones shape, is not tight/ fitting, does not imitate that of men, is not transparent, and is worn with the intention of modesty and not drawing attention to oneself), then there is no harm in adding some colour to your life : )

May Allah Taa'la reward you for striving for His pleasure, and may He keep you steadfast on His path.
Ameen

:wa:

~Zaria~
10-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Btw ukthi, this thread has inspired me to look for videos on how to wear the shayla niqaab......and its so easy!
I think im going to try it tomorrow insha Allah!

: )) ......these simple things in life, that give us the most pleasure! : ))

piXie
10-15-2012, 07:57 PM
I loveeeee the niqab, it makes u feel so honored and respected and special and protected and beautiful and etc. :wub:

But the ladies in pic 1 and 3... look abit like witches with their eyes like tht. :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
10-15-2012, 08:33 PM
May you be rewarded for your intentions and actions!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-15-2012, 09:55 PM
all are ok?

niqab is difficult, may Allah help you and give you strength

Bint-e-Adam
10-16-2012, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum ukthi,

MashaAllah, for taking the first step towards niqaab....for the pleasure of Allah!
Theres no greater reason than this, subhanAllah : )

Im relatively new to wearing niqaab as well......Ive been phasing it in over the past year, and alhamdulillah, I now wear it full-time.

With regards to your question - I think niqaab #1 is ok, but without the excessive eye make-up and shaping of the eyebrows (which is haraam) as this defeats the purpose.

I wear a similiar type of niqaab to pic # 2, and I would like to try out the shyla type as well insha Allah.

There is no harm wearing abayas with a little embroidery/ colour or watches, etc. - if the intention is not for drawing attention to oneself.
I sometimes wear abayas that are partially open (from below mid-way), which partially reveals my dress/ skirt beneath it.
--> as long as the conditions for hijaab are ful-filled (i.e. the clothes do not reveal ones shape, is not tight/ fitting, does not imitate that of men, is not transparent, and is worn with the intention of modesty and not drawing attention to oneself), then there is no harm in adding some colour to your life : )

May Allah Taa'la reward you for striving for His pleasure, and may He keep you steadfast on His path.
Ameen

Yups i have also watched and learned beautiful types of shyla.
but i was really confused that what if Allah will not get pleased for my stylish niqab.
i only just feel that Allah will not like my Abayas that are embroided but not fancy, and my way of niqab

Muwaahid
10-16-2012, 05:19 AM
please remember that the outer garments is not to bring attention to yourselves, fancy colors and bright vibrant paterns are discouraged, the objective is just to cover and not to bring attention to oneselves but may Allah reward you and bless you immensely for your effort and intentions! Ameen

Bint-e-Adam
10-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Ameen brother.
But i am said always to wear Abaya of good qaulity and style that is not fancy either, and i have many of them that i use to wear. but they are really simple and decent exported from bahrain. and to wear it because it is necessary to also get your personality good. not looking like a man wearing so much weird Abaya.
is it right?
simple abaya as:

i have same like these styles.is it allowed in Islam?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-16-2012, 08:41 AM
just a reminder.

sometimes the eyes are all that is needed for a heart to be stolen, therefore dressing up the eyes in such a way that catches attention isnt the best idea.

Pure Purple
10-16-2012, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
Ameen brother.
But i am said always to wear Abaya of good qaulity and style that is not fancy either, and i have many of them that i use to wear. but they are really simple and decent exported from bahrain. and to wear it because it is necessary to also get your personality good. not looking like a man wearing so much weird Abaya.
is it right?
simple abaya as:

i have same like these styles.is it allowed in Islam?
but it is slim fit?
I only prefer black simple niqab.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-16-2012, 08:47 AM
the main purpose is to not catch peoples attention. that should remain in our minds inshaAllah

Bint-e-Adam
10-16-2012, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple
but it is slim fit?
I only prefer black simple niqab.
yups me too. But my Abayas are not too fit.

Endymion
10-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Whats Shyla :hmm:

Bint-e-Adam
10-16-2012, 12:19 PM
The Scarves similar to a Dupatta wearing above abayaa on the head :):

~Zaria~
10-16-2012, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Whats Shyla :hmm:
Its a style of hijaab where the tail end of the scarf is brought to hang forward, to frame the face. It can be worn with or without niqaab.

Heres an example of how to drape one:

~Zaria~
10-16-2012, 12:26 PM
^ I just realised that you may not be able to see the vid (as its from YT).......sorry sis ( it looks like the one in the 3rd picture in OP).

Pure Purple
10-16-2012, 01:31 PM

What about this burqa..

Endymion
10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
The Scarves similar to a Dupatta wearing above abayaa on the head :):

Aha,i didn't know what im wearing these days is Shyla :D Mine are in two beautiful colors :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
^ I just realised that you may not be able to see the vid (as its from YT).......sorry sis ( it looks like the one in the 3rd picture in OP).
Yup,thats the case :hmm: :jz: sis :statisfie

joyous fairy
10-16-2012, 04:12 PM
InshaAllah one day I will wear it too..

awonoura
10-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Salam aleikoum sisters

i wear hijab since was 15 and i never though about wearing niqaab one day becauz it is
more cultural than religious

Insaanah
10-20-2012, 09:21 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by awonoura
i never though about wearing niqaab one day becauz it is
more cultural than religious
Covering one's face is nothing to do with culture, and is everything to do with Islam.

See this post, which explains with evidences from the Qur'an and sunnah, sahaabah, the four imams, and the scholars: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...art-islam.html

awonoura
10-21-2012, 06:42 AM
salam sister and thanx for the link
i wrote a long text but i see that it is not sent aiiiiiiiiiie imsad

i wrote that i m not allowed to put links now, but as you know we can get something and its opposite on the same subject with evidences of course.
when i was young i used to take some islamic courses and i do remember clearly our fiqh teacher repeating a muslim woman has to cover all of her body except face and hands. It was also written on our the fiqh book.
wallahou a3lam...

~Zaria~
10-21-2012, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by awonoura
salam sister and thanx for the link
i wrote a long text but i see that it is not sent aiiiiiiiiiie imsad

i wrote that i m not allowed to put links now, but as you know we can get something and its opposite on the same subject with evidences of course.
when i was young i used to take some islamic courses and i do remember clearly our fiqh teacher repeating a muslim woman has to cover all of her body except face and hands. It was also written on our the fiqh book.
wallahou a3lam...

Assalamu-alaikum sister,

There are indeed 2 schools of thought on this subject.
The ruling that makes niqaab waajib upon women being the more favoured opinion (as is well evidenced in linked article).

It should not be our purpose to criticize/ look down upon those who chose not to wear the niqaab - each is entitled to follow what they believe would be best for them, in this dunya and aakhirah.
Our duty is only to advise and provide all the evidences that support it.

If you are able to provide us with authentic evidence indicating otherwise (you may type in the link without including 'www') , we would also welcome this.

islamica
10-23-2012, 07:27 AM
As'salamu alaikum,

May Allah reward you for your intentions and actions. As said by others, main point to remember is that it meets the criteria of islamic hijab and does not attract attention. The abaya you have posted may be simple for many but not according to others, it seems more like a one piece dress that you would wear at home or non-muslims wear outside. Another important thing to remember is to buy an abaya that is not thin or flimsy and to wear it over normal clothes, not have it as the only thing on otherwise it becomes very awkward seeing that on a windy day.

islamica
10-23-2012, 07:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple

What about this burqa..
That's the pakistani burqa that was worn by most women in the 70/80s. It would be the best one if you are living in pakistan, the number of layers you can add over your face is the best feature it has.

Muhaba
10-23-2012, 05:16 PM
niqab #1 is ok in my opinion (if it doesn't show the outline of the face) but it shouldn't be colorful and attractive. a plain shade - even if other than black - is ok so long as it isn't bright or has designs that make it attractive. additionally the scarf shouldn't be too short.
abayas should be plain and not have colorful embroidery or shiny sequins or chrystals etc. my abaya has black chrystals at the sleeves but they don't shine like diamond-like ones and they are only onthe edges of the sleeves. however some women have shiny gem-like ones all over or on the shawl which attracts attention.

another thing is that the abaya should be loose and not tight and the scarf / shawl shuld be long and not just around the shoulders.

Bint-e-Adam
10-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanx Writer Sister :)

Tyrion
10-27-2012, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muwaahid
please remember that the outer garments is not to bring attention to yourselves,
Depending on where you are, a niqaab could garner far more attention than even the skimpiest of outfits.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!