/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are Adhkar?

muslimmember
10-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Asalamualeikum Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam - Peace and blessing of Allah upon one and all.

What are Adhkaar? When is one supposed to do Adhkar? I was listening to a knowlegeable Sheikh online and he referred to 'doing Adhkaar daily' and specially during times of difficulty. What does this mean exactly? I would like to learn and follow.

JazakAllah Khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muwaahid
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu, adhkaar is the plural of dhikr which means the rememberance of Allah with those legislated duas [supplications] or dhikrs like saying Subhaana Allah and Alhamdulillah and Allahu Akbar and other statements that were taught to us by the Prophet Muhammad [sallalla Allahu alayhi wa sallam]. There are those that were specified ats pecific times of the day like at salatul fajr and some at salatul asr and some at other times. Dhikr generally can be said during any time of the day and those who remember Allah more recieve more blessings and forgiveness from Allah. Dhikr can also include the recitation of the Qur'aan as well. We are rewarded for ever letter of the Qur'aan that we recite so out tongues should remain moist with the dhikr of Allah. There are many books of adhkaar that have been written encouraging the muslims to use certain adhkaar for different reasons which have tremendous benefit for us. We utilize them to draw nearer to Allah seeking Allah's pleasure. I hope that this is clear.

Mustafa2012
10-22-2012, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimmember
Asalamualeikum Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam - Peace and blessing of Allah upon one and all.

What are Adhkaar? When is one supposed to do Adhkar? I was listening to a knowlegeable Sheikh online and he referred to 'doing Adhkaar daily' and specially during times of difficulty. What does this mean exactly? I would like to learn and follow.

JazakAllah Khayr.
Jazak Allaahu khayr to the brother Muwahhid for answering your question.

I just wanted to add that there is a small book called "Fortress of a Muslim" which has many authentic Adkhaar which The Prophet (peace be upon him) said on different occasions and different parts of the day.

It is sold in most good Muslim book stores and is small enough to be carried with you when you are out and about.

It is highly recommended.

Muhammad
10-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam Warahmatullaah,

This is also a very nice booklet containing beautiful du'as to be recited every morning and evening:

http://www.kalamullah.com/successful-day.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamica
10-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Wa'alaikum as'salaam,

This website below has the Fortification of the Muslim (Hisnul Muslim) book online. It's the best one to go through and memorize the duas to recite daily.

http://makedua.com/

Also, here's a quick reminder booklet (scanned): http://hostinga.imagecross.com/image.../3004dhikr.jpg

Periwinkle18
10-23-2012, 08:21 AM
i guess it means the morning n evening duas everyone should recite

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Dua and Dhikr are two different things.

Dhikr is something that normally should precede the dua to supplicate with more weight.

A dua is when you ask Allaah for something.

SubhanAllaah - Walhamdulillaah - laa ilaaha illallaah - Allaahu Akbar <--- Hamd (A form of Dhikr)

Allahumma Salli Ala Muhammad <--- Durood

Rabbana Aatina Fiddunya Hassanatau wa fil Aakhirati Hassanatau wa kinaa azaabannar <-- Dua (Asking Allah for the best of both worlds and protection fom the fire)

Haramain
10-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Jazakallah Khayr for sharing..May Allah grant us all the ability to recite adhkar with abundance..Aameen..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!