/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Facial Exercise

Snowflake
10-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Unlike the skeletal muscles of the body, the facial muscles are directly attached to the skin that covers them. (They are also attached to other facial muscles and to bone.) When these facial muscles start to lose their tone and elasticity because of age and gravity, the skin that is attached to them starts to sag. This of course gives the look you don't want to see reflected back to you in the bathroom mirror.

But these exercises are not for men and women whose idea of self-improvement is to pop a multivitamin pill or to inject Botox into the muscles of the forehead. The facial exercise program that I advocate will require some dedication, some persistence and, I'm almost reluctant to say it, some work. You'll get results from the program though. You'll like what you see in the mirror after even several months.

http://www.shapeyourface.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
White Rose
10-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Aww we have to pay. Is there any free version that is similar to that? :(

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2012, 08:00 PM
looool let us know how it goes.

my face is plenty active as it is I dare say lol

White Rose
10-23-2012, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
;D lucky you, not everyone can take their face for a walk ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
joyous fairy
10-23-2012, 08:06 PM
What...what...pay to move my face?? No thanks. Ill just sit here and make faces at the IB members :p

Snowflake
10-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Lol, sorry sisters - my mistake. I wanted to show it's possible to keep wrinkles at bay for longer than normal with facial exercises. No one should pay for something like this when there's free material available. I find some to make up for my error insha Allah.

joyous fairy
10-23-2012, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
Lol, sorry sisters - my mistake. I wanted to show it's possible to keep wrinkles at bay for longer than normal with facial exercises. No one should pay for something like this when there's free material available. I find some to make up for my error insha Allah.
Lol, yep, Im sure your intention wasnt to sell us the DVD's.. I was just messing around anyway. ;D

glo
10-23-2012, 08:49 PM
There are some exercises on the left side of the page.
They look a bit strange to me. I feel that I should be content to grow old gracefully instead.
An old and wise face covered in wrinkles can look very beautiful and peaceful indeed!

Snowflake
10-23-2012, 09:20 PM
some free techniques

Snowflake
10-23-2012, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I feel that I should be content to grow old gracefully instead.
An old and wise face covered in wrinkles can look very beautiful and peaceful indeed!
I agree and have loved seeing some faces like that. But facercising isn't growing old disgracefully lol. It's not going to extreme lengths like surgery, but just making the best of what you have already. I am sure the spouses wouldn't be complaining. :statisfie

Snowflake
10-23-2012, 09:50 PM
IbnAbdulHakim;1548957]looool let us know how it goes.
Lol, I doubt I could keep up something like this for long. It's just good to know something is possible to achieve.

Normal facial expressions can cause more wrinkles, like laughter lines or crows feet around eyes. The face (apart from the hands) is the first to show signs of aging and I've noticed in many people that the face ends up looking older than the body. It's a big contrast. So hopefully doing these exercises will keep the wrinkles and sagginess at bay and age the face and body at the same rate. I think.

~Zaria~
11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Other useful tips for healthy and youthful skin:

- Drink adequate water/ avoid dehydration.

- Avoid excessive sun exposure (for the sisters, wear niqaab : ) )
(Having said this, those in niqaab should actually make an effort to get as much sun exposure whenever possible - to prevent vitamin D deficiency insha Allah).

- Use sunscreen

- Use a good day and night moisturizer - this needs to start from young. (I use Oil of Olay. Tried and tested by my mum : ) )

- Dont smoke (heres another great reason, apart from it being haraam : ) )

- Avoid excessive make-up/ 'foundation' (for the sisters)

- How we age is also associated with our genes and ethnicity, e.g. darker skins tend to age better than fairer skins.

And if you do see a few wrinkles - dont worry, its a sign of a life well lived from a good share of smiles and frowns.

:wa:

Hulk
11-01-2012, 03:07 PM
People say I look 16 should I do this exercise.

Snowflake
11-02-2012, 07:49 AM
^I think you don't need to worry until you're near thirty. But we don't have to be old to do these exercises, apart from helping the facial muscles keep their tone, the exercises can help break bad habits if you have any. Facial expressions are necessary but some people get into the habit of raising their eyebrows or screwing up their nose unnecessarily and have wrinkles to show for it at the age where their skin should be wrinkle free. So becoming more aware of how facial muscles work can help stop bad habits.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!