/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bowing

Darth Ultor
10-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Can a Muslim bow to another person? For example, in a martial arts class, you bow to the master but you're not worshiping him. Same applies to a king or queen. You bow when you greet them but again, you're not worshiping them. Cana Muslim do that? Please post a Quran verse or Hadith along with the answer please.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-23-2012, 02:30 PM
bowing to another human being isn't an Islamic greeting. We're slaves ONLY to Allah swt.

:w:

Insaanah
10-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Greetings.

Can a Muslim bow to another person? For example, in a martial arts class, you bow to the master but you're not worshiping him. Same applies to a king or queen. You bow when you greet them but again, you're not worshiping them. Cana Muslim do that? Please post a Quran verse or Hadith along with the answer please.
No. We bow only to Allah.

O you who have believed, bow and prostrate and worship your Lord and do good - that you may succeed. (Qur'an, 22:77)

Al-Tirmidhi (Hadeeth number 2728) narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: A man said: O Messenger of Allaah, when one of us meets his brother or friend, should he bow to him? He said: “No.”...

crimsontide06
10-24-2012, 05:03 AM
I say it's not allowed. I have not read it but I have been told it's not. Only God deserves to be bowed to.

I know in some cultures and some activities, such as martial arts, it's seen as a form of respect.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
12-13-2012, 03:41 AM
So how should a Muslim greet a person in a respectful way? Like if a Muslim takes martialarts, how will he greet his master?

Aprender
12-13-2012, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
So how should a Muslim greet a person in a respectful way? Like if a Muslim takes martialarts, how will he greet his master?
Smile, wave, handshake? Say hello?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!