/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic Script

Bint-e-Adam
10-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Assalam o Alaikum!
I am a native urdu speaker
and i have a beautiful urdu writing: nastaleeq... (not praising myslef)..
now as i m learning arabic and doing my M.A in arabic.
now i want to learn arabic hand writing.
can any one teach me the basic deifference between naskh or any arabic font and nastleqq?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
You might want to learn arabic calligraphy. Search for it online and you might find some fonts and info. I took some lessons and practiced with two kinds of arabic fonts but it has been a while and i forgot what they were called. they may have been naskh and rukhsa but i am unsure. arabic calligraphy is really beautiful and worth learning.

Bint-e-Adam
11-01-2012, 05:25 AM
But akhee these fonts need a Cut-nibbed Pen. but i think in our city writing with cut-nibbed marker is not alowed in exams. so what will i do there?

Tilmeez
11-01-2012, 07:08 AM
:sl:
You can print these lessons and practice. Although these are very low level lessons but trust me these will help you a lot in building good handwriting.

Once done with these try on making sentences using your practice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tilmeez
11-01-2012, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
i think in our city writing with cut-nibbed marker is not alowed in exams. so what will i do there?
Z-nib is the answer. Try buying a z-nib fountain pen and PRACTICE!

Bint-e-Adam
11-01-2012, 08:37 AM
yes brother if i practice and use it now. but in examination hall it is not allowed i think :(

Bint-e-Adam
11-01-2012, 08:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
:sl:
You can print these lessons and practice. Although these are very low level lessons but trust me these will help you a lot in building good handwriting.

Once done with these try on making sentences using your practice.
Thanx akhee it is really helpful. jazakAllah ul khair. can anyone tell me the basic diferences between naskh and nastaleeq writing?

Muhaba
11-01-2012, 05:43 PM
you can get a nice calligraphy pen or marker. really nice to practice with it. the writing comes out really beautiful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!