/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taking wudu in the cold..

Samiun
11-02-2012, 12:14 PM
:sl: have u done it before? I think u have since most of you are from like u.s. and u.k. But luckily, your mosques I assume are built indoors and the place to take wudu' is not outside right? I've went to this Mosque once and had to take wudu in like 10*c down below outside with the wind and everything it felt awesome but at the same time frighteningly cold. To anyone who experiences this, have you gotten use to it or it still bites you and send 'chills' down your spine?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
11-02-2012, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: have u done it before? I think u have since most of you are from like u.s. and u.k. But luckily, your mosques I assume are built indoors and the place to take wudu' is not outside right? I've went to this Mosque once and had to take wudu in like 10*c down below outside with the wind and everything it felt awesome but at the same time frighteningly cold. To anyone who experiences this, have you gotten use to it or it still bites you and send 'chills' down your spine?
:wasalamex

Being in the UK, I haven't had the need to perform wudhu with cold water, in cold conditions alhamdulillah, but reading your post this Hadeeth came into mind, thought I should share it here for the benefit of us all.

روى الإمام مسلم وأحمد والنسائي والترمذي عن أبي هريرة ، أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: ألا أدلكم على ما يمحو الله به الخطايا ويرفع به الدرجات؟ قالوا: بلى يا رسول الله، قال: إسباغ الوضوء على المكاره، وكثرة الخطا إلى المساجد، وانتظار الصلاة بعد الصلاة، فذلكم الرباط

Imaam Muslim, Imaam Ahmad, Imaam al-Nasaai & Imaam al-Tirmidhi :rh: all narrate on the authority of Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah :ra: that the Messenger of Allah :saws: said: Should I not suggest to you that by which Allah obliterates the sins and elevates the ranks (of a man). They (the hearers) said: Indeed O Messenger of Allah. He :saws: said: "Performing the ablution well in difficulty, taking many steps to the Masajid, and waiting for the next prayer after observing a prayer, and that is mindfulness.

جوري
11-02-2012, 03:02 PM
I have been making wudu with freezing water from bottles in 30 degree Fahrenheit weather and no heaters almost a week now. It stings at first but is rather refreshing after a while and really makes one grateful to think of the things we take for granted no need for cliches but any bad situation we encounter we must temper with the knowledge of other Muslims having it 90% worse!

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!