/* */

PDA

View Full Version : jews and muslims.....how will it end?

fronze
11-04-2012, 05:55 AM
assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters.

as a reverted muslim it has come to my knowledge that jews and muslims are in a conflict.

some say its more of a POLITICAL CONFLICT (OVER PALESTINE) AND ITS NOT A HATE CONFLICT.... IS THIS TRUE??

i came across this video.. i am so confused some one please guide me ,clearly and nicely..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X8dh...eature=related

this video confuse me more.... why so much hate towards jews?? and we all live in peace? someonee!!:heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muwaahid
11-04-2012, 06:46 AM
As-Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu fronze, what is most crucial for you my dear brother is that you continue your studies in Tawheed and how to actualize and implement your worship for Allah alone, to know what is tawheed and its opposite which is shirk, to know the difference between Imaan [faith] and Kufr [disbelief] to know what is Sunnah and to know its opposite which is Bid'ah [religious innovation]. As for the Arab/Israeli conflict, then I would advise you to leave that aside for the time being, it will not increase you in faith and it maybe a distraction or obstacle in your path in getting to know our Lord. The greatest priority should be given to understanding Tawheed and Sunnah and implementing them, in this is salvation for the believers. May Allah make you successful fronze. ameen

Signor
11-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Waalikum Assalaam

As the brother above mentioned,its time to strengthen basics so you can't be lead stray.Only to satisfy your hunger on this subject,I like to quote this hadith:

Abdullah bin Amarra relates that the Holy Prophet (SA) said ‘Surely things will happen to my people as happened earlier to Israelites, they will resemble each other like one shoe in a pair resembles the other to the extent that if anyone among the Israelites has openly committed adultery to his mother there will be some who will do this in my Ummah as well, verily the Israelites were divided into 72 sects but my people will be divided into 73 sects, all of them will be in the fire except one.' The companions asked. 'Who are they O Messenger of Allah,' Holy Prophet (pbuh) said. `They are those who will be like me and my companions. Tirmidhi - Kitabul Eeman

If you really want to know what the real deal is you've to read Quran,a whole Surah is on Bani Israel.Also you can Read Ibn Kathir's al Bidayah wal Nihayah to understand the similarities and differences.But right now I would rather advice you to stick with Quran as well as building your belief on pillars of Islam.

Regards

Perseveranze
11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
السلام عليكم

1. We don't hate Jews. You just need to look at 1400 years of Islamic history to know this as a fact. For example, under which political system did the Jewish Golden Age occur? The Caliphate, it was during when Muslims ruled Al Andalus.

What about Israel? Who was the one's that liberated Jews, and allowed them to re-enter Jerusalem after 500 years of being evicted by the Romans?

Following the Muslim conquest of Jerusalem, Jews were once again allowed to live and practice their religion with more freedom in Jerusalem, 8 years after their massacre by the Byzantines and nearly 500 years after their expulsion from Judea by the Roman Empire- Gil 1997, pp. 70–71.

And there's many primary accounts of Muslim and Jewish relations. For example; An Italian Rabbi, Obadiah Yareh Da Bertinoro, travelled to Jerusalem in 1486 CE and wrote a letter to his father telling him about the country and its people;

The Jews are not persecuted by the Arabs in these parts. I have travelled through the country in its length and breadth, and none of them has put an obstacle in my way. They are very kind to strangers, particularly to anyone who does not know the language; and if they see many Jews together they are not annoyed by it. In my opinion, an intelligent man versed in political science might easily raise himself to be chief of the Jews as well as of the Arabs… - Rabbi Obadiah Yareh Da Bertinoro, quoted in The Jewish Caravan edited by Leo W. Schwarz, The Jewish Publication Society of America, Philadelphia, 1946, p. 249.

And so on. If we really hated them, would we have tolerated them and lived in peace with them for so many centuries? Of course not. The only issue Muslims have today is with Israel (Zionists) and NOT Jews, and that's mainly due to the whole Palastine issue. You'll find many Jews are with the Muslim cause and are against Zionism/Israel as well -

2. Memri TV? Lol, that's an Zionist funded channel (the very definition of hate), that's used for propoganda against Arabs/Muslims. They're very selective, dishonest and use misleading translations (its channel is aimed towards the west/english speaking audience).

Don't trust or bother to watch/read anything from them.

http://islamthought.wordpress.com/20...ganda-machine/

What Officials have Characterized About MEMRI

In an interview that Finkelstein had with InFocus,

“They use the same sort of propaganda techniques as the Nazis,” Professor Norman G. Finkelstein, a well-known scholar on Israel/Palestine, told InFocus. “They take things out of context in order to do personal and political harm to people they don’t like.”

He ends with saying

“I think it’s a reliable assumption that anything MEMRI translates from the Middle East is going to be unreliable,” Finkelstein said.

Laila Lalami, writing in The Nation, states that MEMRI “consistently picks the most violent, hateful rubbish it can find, translates it and distributes it in e-mail newsletters to media and members of Congress in Washington“. As a result, critics such as Ken Livingstone state, MEMRI’s analyses are “distortion.”

Whitaker states

“The stories it selects for translation follow a particular pattern: either they reflect badly on the character of Arabs or they in some way further the political agenda of Israel” (2002)

Harris says

“MEMRI engages in the practice of publishing selective and decontextualized excerpts of the Arabic press in ways that can present opponents of [Israel’s] occupation as religious extremists or anti-Semites” (2003)

Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, says in 2005

“A well funded organization which specializes in finding quotes from Arab media for circulation in the West. The translation and selection of quotes tend to portray Islam in a very negative light”

These quotes, and many others were provided by Mona Baker of Routledge: Taylor and Francis Group in a world entitled “Translation and Conflict: A Narrative Account” on page 74.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
11-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Salam alaykum

the video in the first post is from Memri-TV. It is well known disinformation channel of zionists. All they videos are meant to show muslims and specially Palestinians unciviliazed, bloodthirsty monsters and zionists as innocent victims of monster muslims.

Be carefull with they videos; they aim is not tell you the truth. Also in some cases translations might be untrue too.

fronze
11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
السلام عليكم

1. We don't hate Jews. You just need to look at 1400 years of Islamic history to know this as a fact. For example, under which political system did the Jewish Golden Age occur? The Caliphate, it was during when Muslims ruled Al Andalus.

What about Israel? Who was the one's that liberated Jews, and allowed them to re-enter Jerusalem after 500 years of being evicted by the Romans?

Following the Muslim conquest of Jerusalem, Jews were once again allowed to live and practice their religion with more freedom in Jerusalem, 8 years after their massacre by the Byzantines and nearly 500 years after their expulsion from Judea by the Roman Empire- Gil 1997, pp. 70–71.

And there's many primary accounts of Muslim and Jewish relations. For example; An Italian Rabbi, Obadiah Yareh Da Bertinoro, travelled to Jerusalem in 1486 CE and wrote a letter to his father telling him about the country and its people;

The Jews are not persecuted by the Arabs in these parts. I have travelled through the country in its length and breadth, and none of them has put an obstacle in my way. They are very kind to strangers, particularly to anyone who does not know the language; and if they see many Jews together they are not annoyed by it. In my opinion, an intelligent man versed in political science might easily raise himself to be chief of the Jews as well as of the Arabs… - Rabbi Obadiah Yareh Da Bertinoro, quoted in The Jewish Caravan edited by Leo W. Schwarz, The Jewish Publication Society of America, Philadelphia, 1946, p. 249.

And so on. If we really hated them, would we have tolerated them and lived in peace with them for so many centuries? Of course not. The only issue Muslims have today is with Israel (Zionists) and NOT Jews, and that's mainly due to the whole Palastine issue. You'll find many Jews are with the Muslim cause and are against Zionism/Israel as well -

2. Memri TV? Lol, that's an Zionist funded channel (the very definition of hate), that's used for propoganda against Arabs/Muslims. They're very selective, dishonest and use misleading translations (its channel is aimed towards the west/english speaking audience).

Don't trust or bother to watch/read anything from them.

http://islamthought.wordpress.com/20...ganda-machine/

What Officials have Characterized About MEMRI

In an interview that Finkelstein had with InFocus,

“They use the same sort of propaganda techniques as the Nazis,” Professor Norman G. Finkelstein, a well-known scholar on Israel/Palestine, told InFocus. “They take things out of context in order to do personal and political harm to people they don’t like.”

He ends with saying

“I think it’s a reliable assumption that anything MEMRI translates from the Middle East is going to be unreliable,” Finkelstein said.

Laila Lalami, writing in The Nation, states that MEMRI “consistently picks the most violent, hateful rubbish it can find, translates it and distributes it in e-mail newsletters to media and members of Congress in Washington“. As a result, critics such as Ken Livingstone state, MEMRI’s analyses are “distortion.”

Whitaker states

“The stories it selects for translation follow a particular pattern: either they reflect badly on the character of Arabs or they in some way further the political agenda of Israel” (2002)

Harris says

“MEMRI engages in the practice of publishing selective and decontextualized excerpts of the Arabic press in ways that can present opponents of [Israel’s] occupation as religious extremists or anti-Semites” (2003)

Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, says in 2005

“A well funded organization which specializes in finding quotes from Arab media for circulation in the West. The translation and selection of quotes tend to portray Islam in a very negative light”

These quotes, and many others were provided by Mona Baker of Routledge: Taylor and Francis Group in a world entitled “Translation and Conflict: A Narrative Account” on page 74.
THANK YOU SO MUCH,BROTHER!! I REALLY NEEEDED THIS ANSWER, RATHER THAN BEEN RE-DIRECTED,I AM NOW A MUSLIM AND AS A NEW MUSLIM IS GOOD TO KNOW WHAT BEHIND THE CURTAINS... THANK YOU SO MUCHH!!

allahu akbar

Amat Allah
11-05-2012, 12:41 AM

fronze
11-05-2012, 02:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah

masha allah, thank you so much sister,..you rock! jiji :)

Amat Allah
11-05-2012, 03:33 AM
You are very welcome my respected and noble brother,

May Allah love ya and make ya from the best of His slaves and servants always and grant ya the highest level of The Paradise without any reckoning Ameeen

Ibn Masud
12-02-2012, 12:24 PM
assalamu alaikum

slightly different issue related indirectly, you may like to watch the following documentaries.

do a search for them on Youtube im not allowed to post links yet,
PBS: Islam - Empire of Faith

An Islamic History of Europe (full documentary; produced by BBC)

Al-Andalus History of Islam in Spain

BBC DOCUMENTARY on The life of The last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

The Life of Prophet Muhammad - Full Episode

Paradise Found : Islamic Architecture and Arts (A history; documentary)

Science and Islam: Part 1: The Language of Science, Part 2: The Empire of Reason, part 3: The Power of Doubt

Scimitar
12-02-2012, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Masud
assalamu alaikum

slightly different issue related indirectly, you may like to watch the following documentaries.

do a search for them on Youtube im not allowed to post links yet,
PBS: Islam - Empire of Faith

An Islamic History of Europe (full documentary; produced by BBC)

Al-Andalus History of Islam in Spain

BBC DOCUMENTARY on The life of The last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

The Life of Prophet Muhammad - Full Episode

Paradise Found : Islamic Architecture and Arts (A history; documentary)

Science and Islam: Part 1: The Language of Science, Part 2: The Empire of Reason, part 3: The Power of Doubt

Most of these can be found in these playlists:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...0&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...F&feature=plcp

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!