/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Live recordings from Masjid al Haraam

Insaanah
11-04-2012, 02:45 PM
:sl:

This is a bit old, but thought I'd share anyway.

Makkah Ishaa' led by Sheikh Khalid al-Ghamdi on Friday 21st May 2010.

First Raka3ah Surah al-Burooj
Second Raka3ah Surah at-Taariq

Recorded from the middle floor.

Emotional.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
03-19-2013, 07:32 PM
This is even older, from 2006, and not from inside the masjid, but recorded from the window of one of the old hotels that used to be directly in front of Baab al Umrah, recorded the old fashioned way, using a tape recorder held out of the window, next to some AC units, hence the background noise.

The recording quality is pretty bad, but even through that, it gives an idea of how this Makkah Tahajjud adhaan given by Sheikh Farooq al Hadhraawi was resonating and echoing and reverberating all around, and from above and below. It was beautiful, and for me, the best adhaan I've heard yet.

Sheikh Hadhraawi's tahajjud adhaan always seems to have a special, slow and deep and heartfelt quality to it, though I never heard one exactly like the one from that day again.

Unfortunately, it's missing all the opening takbeers, and most of the following sentence.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!