/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tall buildings :?

Mathsisfun
11-07-2012, 04:41 AM
:sl:

Every morning, my family had a small talk regarding Islam and ahadeeth...
This morning, my dad mentioned something about tall buildings. One of the books he'd read said something like Allah doesn't like tall buildings while another said that those that build tall buildings will be tied to them on the day of judgement... He'd read these books a very long time ago so he doesn't remember the book names or their authenticity... Are any of you aware of any such ahadeeth concerning this topic?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
11-07-2012, 09:53 AM

M.I.A.
11-07-2012, 11:50 AM
yeah i saw on reddit...wooooooooo...*viralfail*

that the two tallest buildings in the world are in dubai and the second is the clocktower hotel in mecca.. as seen in the above vid.

i did not know til a few days ago.

i was kinda freaked but i guess its just natural progression. mankind is nothing but competition and insolence.

...insolence and competition.

i was once told that the clothes you wear dont make you the person you are.

the kaaba is still the tallest building in the world.

i could be completely wrong however, i mean the clocktower does glorify allah swt.

and provide for many on pilgrimage.

and has been allowed to happen... so its anybodies guess.

yeah thats my disclaimer.

Bint-e-Adam
11-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Hadith Explanation

Tall Buildings

Narrated Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu): Allah’s Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “The Hour will not be established till …the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings…” [Sahih Bukhari]

Thus, competing in the construction of tall buildings is one of the signs of the Day of Judgement. In a hadith recorded in Sahih Muslim, Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) told us that “you shall see barefoot, naked, penniless shepherds vying in constructing high buildings.” This hadith describes people who become rich all of a sudden and then build not for need but only in competition.

We see this today in the Gulf states, after the oil boom. People who had no money are now competing with one other in erecting tall buildings. They are competing in building taller and taller structures where there is no need to make such buildings, as there is a lot of space! It is not like Singapore or New York or Japan, where people had to build vertically for lack of space.

Building superfluous structures was one of the characteristics of the people of Aad, who were destroyed by Allah’s punishment. Prophet Huud (alaihis salam) questioned their building unnecessary monuments on top of mountains. But do we even question today what kind of “development” is happening? Or are we too busy gloating in this senseless competition with the Kuffar, that if they can build tall buildings, we can build taller?

source: http://dailyhadith.adaptivesolutions...-Buildings.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!