-
-
-

Get the balance in your life,
Between your MUM and your WIFE

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bint-e-Adam
11-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Al-Hamduli-Allah Our Islam has taught us the best lesson that includes guidance for every step in life.
"Be moderated"
But it has been done since many years that man dont give his wife and mother equal space. and it is caused by either wife or mother too.
if both these characters try to live with peace and Man too try to treat them equally as Islam said then the environment of home would be so peaceful. in-shaa-Allah

Muhaba
11-09-2012, 04:02 PM
each party needs to realize their own position and rights and the rights of each of the other parties. in this way there will be love and respect and there won't be feelings of jealousy. there's no need for a mother to become jealous of her daughter-in-law or for a wife to become jealous of her mother-in-law.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-09-2012, 09:25 PM
you drew it yourself, didn't you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
11-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Lol so its an International fight :p Good to know :D

Periwinkle18
11-14-2012, 12:46 PM
nice drawing sis :)

Paprika
11-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I like the middle pic:statisfie

cottonrainbow
12-24-2012, 11:45 PM
I dont understand a mother's unnatural attachment to their sons. It is rather strange. I can understand a little if the woman is unmarried, widowed, or divorced from her husband. Her husband should be the male companion, not the son. The son is for the wife. Some mother's even ill-advise their sons about the wife and that is terrible.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-25-2012, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cottonrainbow
I dont understand a mother's unnatural attachment to their sons. It is rather strange. I can understand a little if the woman is unmarried, widowed, or divorced from her husband. Her husband should be the male companion, not the son. The son is for the wife. Some mother's even ill-advise their sons about the wife and that is terrible.
the son is for the wife?

you make it sound like the sons main duty lies with the wife.

a hadith makes it clear it is with the mother actually.

but why dispute about two different forms of love which can never be compared, that towards a mother and that towards a wife.

These two both have their merit, we should honour and regard both.

Cabdullahi
12-25-2012, 10:02 PM
I like the middle picture!, it was my mum who'd wet her finger with saliva and scrap off crust in the corners of my eyes to make me look presentable.

'Abd-al Latif
12-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Just out of curiosity who is the target audience for this picture, seeing as the man seems to be the one being focused on?

I can't imagine a man deliberately and consciously distancing himself from his mother because he's married now.

If anything I know guys who didn't want to get married because they said their wives will take them away from their mothers.

:?

CosmicPathos
12-26-2012, 12:43 AM
a mother wiped off your nappies. a mother will wipe off your intestines if you are dying of colon cancer and will never complain. I have seen it myself.

show me one wife who has done that without any complaint.

Boys/men/uncles -> love your mothers till they depart from you.

piXie
12-28-2012, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
I like the middle pic:statisfie
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
I like the middle picture!
Either u didnt get the picture or... *inserts 69 excuses here* :hmm:

'Abd-al Latif
12-28-2012, 11:21 AM
^

No, they just like the middle pic :)

piXie
12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Just out of curiosity who is the target audience for this picture, seeing as the man seems to be the one being focused on?
The first post in the thread is directed towards the authoritative head (i.e. the man) because Allah says in the Qur’an:

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means”

members are welcome to add more good reminders. Also for the women.

-------------------------------------

1st pic: where the mother is being oppressed and neglected
2nd pic: where the wife is being oppressed and neglected
3rd pic: Both are given their rights.

'Abd-al Latif
12-28-2012, 12:50 PM
I know that already but it's not entirely clear who this message is aimed at.

I'm a man and I can honestly tell you it does not relate to the man, at least not alone.

Endymion
12-28-2012, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
I can show you many but the thing is that,there is no competition between these relations,there can't be.A wife of one is a mother of some and the mother of some is the wife of one.And thats why men are commanded to treat both in the best possible way.If Jannah lies under your mother's feet,then the best of you are those,who treat their wives well.Islam is all about balance which the OP pointed out through the pics.The beauty of every relationship is balance.

Periwinkle18
12-28-2012, 03:14 PM
^ exactly :) was gng to say the same thing .

ardianto
12-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Why mothers often criticize their sons wives?.

Every mother wants her son get a perfect woman who can make her son happy and can also make her feel proud.

Unfortunately ......... there's no perfect woman!.

:D

Cabdullahi
12-28-2012, 04:26 PM
^ but many men who are perfect..well..in the eyes of their mothers

ardianto
12-28-2012, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
^ but many men who are perfect..well..in the eyes of their mothers
... and the mothers would be angry if they know their daughters-in-law see their sons as imperfect persons.

Young bro, the "war" between mother and wife is the classical problem of husband. You will feel it after you get married.

Alpha Dude
12-28-2012, 04:45 PM
The thread has three images with what I think is a self-explanatory message. The OP may have intended it primarily toward males but I think it applies just as much to each party and all three of son, wife and mother can take a simple lesson from it.

Women either in the capacity of wife or mother may get jealous and end up resorting to manipulation of the husband/son in order to take him away from the other. So, that's something the sisters here can be vigilant against.

Men should be just and not take one side over the other and be vigilant against manipulation. I don't think it's true that no man would abandon his mother over his wife. This can and does happen. For example when a wife has poisoned the husband's mind, it can happen all too easily.

piXie
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
I know that already but it's not entirely clear who this message is aimed at.

I'm a man and I can honestly tell you it does not relate to the man, at least not alone.
I agree it doesn't relate to the man alone, but he does play a huge part, after all he is the man of the house. If he is wise, a lot of conflict can be avoided.

Paprika
04-04-2013, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

Either u didnt get the picture or... *inserts 69 excuses here* :hmm:
I thought it was about following the middle path??

Urban Turban
04-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Whatever it is, its usually the men who take the heat.

sohail1234
04-15-2013, 05:23 AM
assalam o alikum
it is our duty to realize the importance of both mother and wife... if a man give too much importance to his mother, then it is not good... our beloved Nabi s,a,w,w never did such things so we should follow his foot steps

Futuwwa
04-15-2013, 03:34 PM
He never had a mother and a wife simultaneously either :hmm:

Trying2bbetter
04-26-2013, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
There are A LOT of women out there who would HAPPILY do all of those things, if not more. You want to know the "science" behind having a woman who would do anything for you? Respect her. Tell her how much you love her. In most cases, that's more than enough, trust me I'm a woman. Women are the best carers, seriously. As mothers, wives, sisters & daughters. Remember your mum was even a wife once too.

It's just men don't respect/show women their respect for them. Men need to express themselves more - it helps the communication gap decrease (communication is the key to ANY relationship). If your wife doesn't know how much you love her (whether you even do or not), the relationships become "boring" & serves more as a social/religious duty than an optional way of life. And the best family life is never where people are simply "living together". It's where they wouldn't have it any other way. :) :statisfie

Personally, I think it's up to a guy to keep both relations in place - make both feel loved & don't let them talk bad about each other. The thing is a lot of old women do get jealous, and a lot of young wives don't know how to deal with old people. Communication is the key (responsibility of all parties involved). If the son lets his mum know how much he loves her (especially after his marriage), I think there are less chances she'll feel intimidated of the new wife "stealing" her son away (and vice versa). I think the end (3rd) pic wins :shade:

:peace:

UmmuShaheed
05-17-2013, 04:10 AM
Asalamu Alaykum
^ Couldn't of said it better,
As a wife, and a Muslimah in general. You have to be open minded despite not appreciating the behavior of your mother in law.
Attempt to forgive her, or leave her to Allah. Everyone has to answer to him on the day of judgment. Until then, if the mother in law is causing you trouble, be the better person and treat her as your own mother. And never place her actions on your husbands shoulder's. Dont put him in that confusing and awkward position. It took me awhile to understand and apply those principles, but they're well worth it fi duniya wal aqira.
May Allah grant us patience.
Asalamu Alaykum

piXie
05-19-2013, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
He never had a mother and a wife simultaneously either :hmm:
He :arabic5: had more than one foster mothers and many wives

nila11
05-25-2013, 10:01 AM
oh God this is the major Problem in our traditional families. I think nothing have solution of this issue...

piXie
08-02-2016, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nila11
oh God this is the major Problem in our traditional families. I think nothing have solution of this issue...
The solution

Neha Qadri
08-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Solution is Simple What is problem?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!