/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Log out issue is so annoying!

PurpleCup
11-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Whenever you go through the trouble to reply in detail and then press submit only to find you have to log back in is a hassle from this site. I am not sure if there is anything that can be done about this from the Admin side that should be looked into.

If this is a faulty design of all message boards which all look the same, then its bad bad design from whomever. :hiding:

Why there isn't a more permanent log in status for members? Like say 2 hours.. not 2 seconds....

Jazak Allah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Haya emaan
11-08-2012, 09:45 PM
assalam o alaikum

i can keep logged in for hours until my browser is open. i think it has some thing to do with your browser's password remembering settings.

and also always remember not to forget to make a copy of long posts before pressing the post button as due to any/many reasons your post may not be posted. (or you can just press ctrl+ C selecting the text of your post so in case of that tragic moment you can ctrl + V your post content back)

'Abd-al Latif
11-08-2012, 10:09 PM
:salamext:

I can't remember the last time I was logged off lol.

There could be one of two reasons for this.

1. You need to click the "Remember me" check box when you login in order for your browser to keep your session running;
  2. You need to set your browser as a private browser (i.e. not public) so it doesn't automatically delete cookies. Cookies are basically files that save personal information on your computer (like passwords). If your web browser is set to public then your cookies will be automatically be deleted every little while to avoid your personal information being stolen.

Which browser are you using? We can configure the settings so you don't get logged out.

PurpleCup
11-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Oh Good points. I will click that button to see if it keep me logged in as you suggested. Thank you for the quick feeback! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!