/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam I know there are other threads on this subject but I want to know does Islam sa

truthseeker63
11-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Salam I know there are other threads on this subject but I want to know does Islam say anything about mental maturity when it comes to the age of marriage or only physical maturity ? I did read that Aisha went into battle when she was 14 years old is this correct and warmer climates can cause faster maturity and it was normal 1400 years ago ? I know some Non Muslims say she did play with Dolls but back than there was no tv or radio or video games or films or the othe forms of entertainment humans have today also was Aisha mature as far as mental maturity is there any evidence for this ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
11-16-2012, 12:55 PM
When I ak about mental maturity what I mean is just by being Aisha's age when she married does this mean a male or female human is ready for marriage ?

truthseeker63
11-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Or can it be diffrent for certain individuals ?

جوري
11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
It is different for everybody and for males especially they need to meet with several milestones one of them is financial readiness!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-16-2012, 06:05 PM
It doesn't have to do with climates, it has to do with how you are raised. Compare people from back then to the people of now. Usama Bin Zaid was said to be about 17 years old and he let battle. Maryam(ra) was said to have been around 12 years old when she gave birth to Isa (as). Umm Salama (ra) considered herself to be "to old" to Mary the prophet (saw) when he proposed to her, she was about 30 years old (obviously they still married, but this was a concern of hers). Personally, I feel childhood is very VERY prolonged now a days, children are supposed to be much more capable than what they are given credit for and then we also have childish adults now, so if you look at the big picture, maturity is quite delayed. 100 years ago people were getting married at 15 - 18 years of age, Men were actually financially responsible at that age and women had the mentality to enter a marriage :D. Maturity seems to have declined as technology progressed. Not surprising. Read this book: The Disappearance of Childhood by Neil Postman, it's a good read regarding this subject.

Anyway, physical maturity is supposed to go hand in hand with mental maturity.... that was once upon a time though.

- cOsMiC

truthseeker63
11-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the Answers.

Hiraislam
11-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Now dasy everyone wants to meet and communicate with their life partner. Mental maturity is good but when girl or boy become adult parents have to marry them quickly to save their child from negative influence of society.
Read this post it will help you blog.naseeb.com/2009/01/relationship-marriage-religion

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!