/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Do I obtain Noor?

cottonrainbow
11-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Assalamu alaikum!

I would consider myself fairly new to Islam (almost 3 years). At first it was a struggle to pray five times a day and learning new Surahs, but now it is easier, alhamdulilah!

My husband always tells me that SubhanAllah makes things easy. That Allah will never put more on you than what is good and useful. So, this is the thing that I would like to know:

How do I get Noor on my face? How long does it take? How will I know when I have it? Are there certain prayers that I can do to obtain it?

I have asked a few elders at the masjid (mosque), but they always talk around it, and I can't ask my family-- they are all Christians lol. Please help me and I will be forever thankful!:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bint-e-Adam
11-18-2012, 02:51 PM

Sister

if we read the following verse in Quran...

4:174 O MANKIND! A manifestation of the truth has now come unto you from your Sustainer, and We have sent down unto you a clear light.

So the guidance of Allah swt is described as light .....Why ? because it lighten the hearts of people ...by Truth (opposite of ignorance) ..Truth about who is their creator, what is his noble perfect attribtes , how to live a pure decent life full of light and happiness....being close to Allah swt; (Allah is the light of heavens and earth.....)

More on the day of judgment Allah swt told about the believers:

57:12 on the Day when thou shalt see all believing men and believing women, with their light spreading rapidly before them and on their right, [and with this wel*!come awaiting them:] “A glad tiding for you today: gardens through which running waters flow, therein to abide! This, this is the triumph supreme!”

(I pray to Allah swt to make us among them)

I think light on your face is dervied from such high bright meanings ......when their is light of faith within then it will flow outside on faces....and Allah swt knows best.

Periwinkle18
11-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Recite dua e noor :)

Periwinkle18
11-18-2012, 03:33 PM

Translation.
O Allaah, place within my heart light; and upon my tongue light;
and within my ears light; and within my eyes light;
and place above me light; and beneath me light;
and on my right light; and on my left light;
and in front of me light; and behind me light;
and place light within my soul;
and augment light for me; and greaten light for me;
and grant me light and make me light.
O Allaah, bestow upon me light; and place light in my tendons;
and light in my flesh; and light in my blood;
and in light in my hair and light in my skin.
[O Allaah, place light for me in my grave and light in my bones]
[And increase me with light and increase me with light and increase me with light]
[And grant me light upon light]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cottonrainbow
11-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks seeking hidayat and Periwinkle18, I'm going to try these things in addition to trying to read the Quran more often.

Hulk
11-18-2012, 04:15 PM
The thing is that not everyone will be able to see your "noor". Those whose hearts are in a pure or clean state would be able to tell but people whose hearts are blind will not.

So to achieve the state of "ihsan" you have to increase your iman(faith) and perfect your amal(action). The key to these 2 I believe is knowledge. You need knowledge to know why you are doing your actions and you also need knowledge for how to do them.

Asma' bint Yazid reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Shall I tell you who is the best of you?" "Yes,," they replied. He said, "Those who remind you of Allah when you see them." He went on to say, "Shall I tell you who is the worst of you?" "Yes," they replied. He said, "Those who go about slandering, causing mischief between friends in order to separate them, and desiring to lead the innocent into wrong action."

So I would advice you to seek knowledge.. That said, seeking knowledge itself has its proper ways and wrong ways so be careful in that department as well. :statisfie

glo
11-18-2012, 04:35 PM
What is Noor? An inner light, which reflects one's faith? Or God's presence?

I am trying to piece together the information in the different replies. Can somebody explain?

Thank you. :thankyou:

Bint-e-Adam
11-18-2012, 04:53 PM
One more thing my sister,.
As you are new in Islam. you are maa-shaa-Allah so lucky . because new Muslim is like a new baby. who is innocent and not done any sin so far after being muslim. As you told u read Quran and namaz so i recommend you to start Hijab also.
Hijab is the beauty and Create noor in woman :)

Signor
11-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Assalamu Alaikum sister

Read Your story on the other thread,Its really heart warming to see your steadfastness in these conditions.May Allah bless with everything beneficial you wish for and keep you remains contented with what you already have,Aameen

Noor is all about inner reflection on your face.The nature of someone's thinking reflects on his face.Anybody can have their face shine with Noor from lot of Ibadah like Reciting,Reflecting,Relating,Understanding Qura'an, Engaging in dhikr, Waking up in the last part of the night(Qiyam-ul-layl/Tahajjud),Forbidding evil and enjoining good,Seeking Repentance and feeling regret on sinful behaviour,Acting on sunnahs and Praying Nawafil(Such as Ishraaq and Chasht prayer). Also try to be pure in your thinking, be sincere in your actions for Allah's sake and stay away from evil thoughts(a company of pious can help in this regard).All of these acts plus other kinds of worships cause the face to shine with Noor and all righteous acts that attract the Noor of Allah makes us feel light and at ease.

Note:All the above is very hard for a new revert as well as for born Muslims but have it step by step...turn your pious acts into habits and Insha-Allah you will find yourself in a better state.

Hope this helps

Regards

IbnAbdulHakim
11-18-2012, 07:01 PM
theres no point searching for noor lol mashallaah. rather search forthe one who bestows it and you'll find something better allah willing

glo
11-18-2012, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
theres no point searching for noor lol mashallaah. rather search forthe one who bestows it and you'll find something better allah willing
Now, not knowing very much about the concept of Noor, this comment made me think.

I wonder whether - like humility - Noor is something intrinsic that comes from within ourselves, almost without us knowing it. It is perceived by outsiders, but we ourselves are unaware.
Perhaps desiring it makes us self-conscious ... and we thereby lose it from our grasp? (If that makes sense?)

Hulk
11-18-2012, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Now, not knowing very much about the concept of Noor, this comment made me think.

I wonder whether - like humility - Noor is something intrinsic that comes from within ourselves, almost without us knowing it. It is perceived by outsiders, but we ourselves are unaware.
Perhaps desiring it makes us self-conscious ... and we thereby lose it from our grasp? (If that makes sense?)
It's ok to desire to have that presence as it's a good presence to have but of course with the proper intention. No one can actually say something like "check out my noor" as it's something that is perceived as you said which is why in my previous post I mentioned not everyone can see it.

To put it simply though I'll simply say that no pious person would call themselves pious. They might say that they want to be pious and that they are striving to be pious, but they won't actually call themselves pious.

There is a Du'a that goes
"O Allah! Make me one who is most patient and grateful; and make me small in my own eyes but great in the eyes of others."

glo
11-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I certainly know people who have that inner presence, calm and beauty ... perhaps that's what is meant by Noor.

Do you think only Muslims can have Noor?

Hulk
11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
I certainly know people who have that inner presence, calm and beauty ... perhaps that's what is meant by Noor.

I think there's certainly a certain presence that some God conscious people have though they might not necessarily be muslim. That said though a kaffir cannot possibly have noor. A kaffir is one who has rejected the truth that he/she has been presented with. There are many non-muslims who's only knowledge of Islam is limited to what they see on the news/media. That is the version of Islam they are rejecting, not the true Islam that many many have studied, accepted and submitted to. So I would say that yes there are non-muslims who might have such presence(though I might not call it noor) and I believe that if these people were to study about Islam they would accept it.

There's also something which I guess we shouldn't forget and that is our own ability to perceive these things. Sometimes we might think that a person has such qualities but we might be wrong. We have to ask ourselves just how pure our heart is, do we honestly think that we can perceive these things clearly? One of the first things my religious teacher said to me was "Don't follow your heart". It really surprised me as throughout the whole lesson he was talking about the perceiving heart. Then he explained that it's because we are mere learners and therefore it is important for us to make decisions based on knowledge and only after we have reached a stage where we can recognise certain things for what they really are only then can we begin to trust our heart.

If "noor"/light is seen as knowledge, and Kafir is one who rejects/covers the truth. Then his heart would close itself from light, he would be blind in that sense. It's a huge topic but I hope I put it clearly InShaaAllah.

God knows best.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-18-2012, 08:21 PM

spot on glo!

it creates difficulties with our intentions

'Abd-al Latif
11-18-2012, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cottonrainbow
Assalamu alaikum!

I would consider myself fairly new to Islam (almost 3 years). At first it was a struggle to pray five times a day and learning new Surahs, but now it is easier, alhamdulilah!

My husband always tells me that SubhanAllah makes things easy. That Allah will never put more on you than what is good and useful. So, this is the thing that I would like to know:

How do I get Noor on my face? How long does it take? How will I know when I have it? Are there certain prayers that I can do to obtain it?

I have asked a few elders at the masjid (mosque), but they always talk around it, and I can't ask my family-- they are all Christians lol. Please help me and I will be forever thankful!:statisfie
The radiance and brightness in your face is reflected by the sincerity and purity of your heart. Purify your worship for Allah alone, increase in good deeds and remain sincere in all your actions. Nothing can have a more profound affect on your heart than sincere worship. And if the heart is white and free from sin then this will be reflected in your face: a bright, radiant and shining face.

Why do some people become ugly?

by Shaykhu-l-Islâm Ibn Taymiyyah

(d. 728 AH / 1328 CE)

The person who is righteous and honest, his honesty is manifest from the radiance on his face, and his honesty can be known from the glow that is on his face, likewise the (opposite for the) sinful one and the liar. The older a person gets, the more this sign becomes apparent. Thus a person as a child would have a bright face, however if he becomes a sinful person, adamant on committing sins, at the older stages in his life, an ugly face would manifest that which he used to internalise, and the opposite is also true. It has been narrated that Ibn Abbaas (radiyallaahu ‘anhu) said, ‘Indeed righteousness illuminates the heart, radiates the face, strengthens the body, increases provision, and produces a love in the hearts of the creation for that person. Whereas sinfulness darkens the heart, greys the face, weakens the body, and produces hatred in the hearts of the creation for that person.’

It is possible that a person may not intentionally lie; he may even be a person who makes great effort in ibaadah and has zuhd (abstains from pleasures of this life that are lawful). However he has false, incorrect ‘aqeedah regarding either Allaah, His deen or His Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) or His righteous servants. And what is on the inside affects what is on the outside. Thus, this false, incorrect ‘aqeedah that he thought was true and correct reflects on his face, and his face would be dark in accordance with the level of falsehood he possesses. As it has been narrated that ‘Uthmaan ibn Affaan (radiyallaahu ‘anhu) said, ‘No one ever hides evil within themselves except that Allaah makes it manifest from his facial outlook and the statements his tongues utters.’ Hence some of the salaf used to say, ‘If a person of innovation were to dye his beard every day, the dye of innovation would remain on his face.’ On the day of judgment this would be very clear as Allaah says:

“And on the Day of Resurrection you will see those who lied against Allaah their faces will be black. Is there not in Hell an abode for the arrogant ones?” [Sooratuz-Zumar, 39:60]

He ta’ala also said:

“On the Day when some faces will become white and some faces will become black; as for those whose faces will become dark (to them will be said): "Did you reject Faith after accepting it? Then taste the torment for rejecting Faith.” [Soorah Aali-Imraan, 3:106]
Ibn Abbaas and others have said regarding this verse, ‘The bright faces will be ahlus-sunnah, and dark faces will be the people of bid’ah and division.’”

‘Aj-jawaab as-saheeh’ (Vol.4, pg. 306-307)

'Abd-al Latif
11-18-2012, 08:29 PM
What is Noor? An inner light, which reflects one's faith? Or God's presence?

I am trying to piece together the information in the different replies. Can somebody explain?

Thank you. :thankyou:
Noor means light and light is used in reference to many things in Islam including purity of the heart, righteousness and guidance, among many other things.

In context of the OP, she means radiance in the face that is reflected through a sincere, pure and righteous heart.

cottonrainbow
11-24-2012, 04:17 PM
May Allah continue to bless all of you in every way! You all are very knowledgable and God-conscieous (sp), alhamdulilah. Is there a way to bookmark the topic? :thumbs_up

Signor
11-24-2012, 04:24 PM
All Praises to Allah

You can bookmark it into your browser.I don't know any way how to do it on forums

Assalamu Alaikum

Ibn Masud
11-30-2012, 10:21 AM
asslamu alaikum

this is how you obtain noor,

Al-Bayhaqee relates from Ibn 'Umar radiallaahu 'anhu that AlIaah's Messenger sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: "For everything there is a polish, and the polish for the hearts is the dhikr (remembrance) of Allah. There is nothing more potent in saving a person from the punishment of Allah than the dhikr of Allah." It was said: Not even Jihaad in the path of Allah. So he replied: "Not even if you were to continue striking with your sword until it breaks."

"O you who believe! Remember Allah and remember Him a lot." [Soorah al-Ahzaab 33:4I]. "Those men and women who remember Allah a lot." [Soorah al-Ahzaab 33:35].
"So when you have finished the rights of your Pilgrimage, then remember Allah as you remember your fore-father, or with more intense remembrance." [Soorah al-Baqarah 2:200]

The Prophet said: "If your hearts were always in the state that they are in during dhikr, the angels would come to see you to the point that they would greet you in the middle of the road." Muslim narrated it. Imam Nawawi in his Sharh sahih muslim commented on this hadith saying: "This kind of sight is shown to someone who persists in meditation (muraqaba), reflection (fikr), and anticipation (iqbal) of the next world."

the Prophet also said: "The People of Paradise will not regret except one thing alone: the hour that passed them by and in which they made no remembrance of Allah."

Allah placed His remembrance above prayer in value by making prayer the means and remembrance the goal. He said: "Lo! Worship guards one from lewdness and iniquity, but verily, remembrance of Allah is greater/more important." (29:45)

"He is successful who purifies himself, and remembers the name of his Lord, and so prays." (87:14-15)

"So establish prayer for My remembrance." (20:14)

Abu Sa`id narrates: The Prophet was asked, "Which of the servants of Allah is best in rank before Allah on the Day of resurrection?" He said: "The ones who remember him much." I said: "O Messenger of Allah, what about the fighter in the way of Allah?" He answered: "Even if he strikes the unbelievers and mushrikin with his sword until it broke, and becomes red with their blood, truly those who do dhikr are better than him in rank." Related in Ahmad, Tirmidhi, and Bayhaqi.

Dhikr polishes the heart and is the source of the Divine breath that revives the dead spirits by filling them with the Blessings of Allah, decorating them with His Attributess, and bringing them from a state of heedlessness to the state of complete wakefulness. If we keep busy with Dhikrullah, happiness and peace will be granted to us. Dhikr is the key to happiness, the key to joy, and the key to Divine Love.
It is also the key by which we obtain noor.

Muwaahid
11-30-2012, 09:06 PM

I know this may sound rude but this noor that everyone is speaking of, can only be found in the muslims, for verily the muslims who stick to the book of Allah and the Sunnah of the prophet [alayhi salam] and have the correct creed and exhaust themselves in implementing the deen of Islaam, and practicing good manners and morals and establish a relationship with Allah and His book and implementing all of this the way the prophet [alayhi salam] did will be endowed with this noor in Shaa Allah. A person upon shirk and kufr will never exemplify noor, they may try to adorn themselves with humblenss and piety but it is only a facade, Allah adorns his righteous servants with many bounties and blessings, those you can see and those you cannoot see. But desiring for this noor to seen upon you [I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS YOUR INTENTION]so that it can be seen by others CAN BE CONSIDERED is riyaa. Which is minor shirk but a major sin of which should be repented from. The prophet [alayhi salam] feared for his ummah minor shirk when he said, what I fear most for you is shirkul asghar [minor shirk] so the companions said, 'oh messenger of Allah [alayhi salam] and what is shirkul asghar?' so the messenger [alayhi salam] said Ar-Riyaa'u" And Riyaa'u can be defined as intending by any action that you do a reward in this worldly life, from amongst the peoples praise of you, or them mentioning you in a favorable light, like, maa shaa Allah the sister has a lot of noor, or sister so and so is so pious, or sister so and so always gives her charity or reads the Qur'aan so beautifully. And the prophet [alayhi salam] and for Allah alone is the praise left us a dua that will save us from minor shirk by the permission of Allah. And it is to say,"Allahumma Innee A'udhu Bika An Ushrika Bika wa Ana A'lam wa Astaghfiruka Limaa Laa A'lam" Oh Allah indeed I seek refuge with YOU [alone] that I commit shirk with YOU while I am aware of it and I seek YOUR forgiveness for what I am not aware of [if I fell into shirk]. Saheeh Targheeb wa Tarheeb and it is saheeh, authenticated by Shaykh Albaani [rahimahullah]

muhatab
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
All I can say noor can be obtained from Allah(j.j) only. I mean if He grants you, you'll have it. There is no formula for it other than persistent salat and dua.

Ibn Masud
12-01-2012, 12:03 AM
there are different types of nur, Angels are created from noor [light] and in creation the universe is filled with a light spectrum we can not see with the human eyes. Allah uses noor in his creation for many things so to say only a muslim can have noor is not correct. You are getting into the finer details of how different types of noor interact with the human body, there is a spiritual aspect to our human physical self, that is how jinn are able to interact with us, our thoughts minds and hearts can connect to the spiritual world and when this is given the capability we can perceive the spiritual world like the Prophet did, Noor is a very deep issue.

Muwaahid
12-01-2012, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Masud
there are different types of nur, Angels are created from noor [light] and in creation the universe is filled with a light spectrum we can not see with the human eyes. Allah uses noor in his creation for many things so to say only a muslim can have noor is not correct. You are getting into the finer details of how different types of noor interact with the human body, there is a spiritual aspect to our human physical self, that is how jinn are able to interact with us, our thoughts minds and hearts can connect to the spiritual world and when this is given the capability we can perceive the spiritual world like the Prophet did, Noor is a very deep issue.
We were speaking about a particular type of noor from the original poster's post. To say the kuffar have have noor is not possible and goes against Islaam and goes against the quran and the athar of the companions and proof of that is what Allah says, "
On the Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) when some faces will become white and some faces will become black; as for those whose faces will become black (to them will be said): "Did you reject Faith after accepting it? Then taste the torment (in Hell) for rejecting Faith." 3:106 Do you know what that great Sahabi Ibn Abaas [radhiya Alahu anhumaa] who was known as al-habrul ummah [scholar of the ummah] wal bahrul ilm [ocean of knowledge]said what was the tafseer of this ayah was? He said as for the one who whose faces shall be light then they are ahlus sunnah wal jamaa'ah and as for those faces whose faces that shall be darkened then they are ahlu bidah [people of innovations] and furqa [sects]. If the people of innovations and sects or division do not have light and they are muslims then how can we say disbelievers can have noor? Ibn Abaas [radhiya Allahu anhumaa] mentioned Ahlus Sunnah are the ones who will have noor on their faces on yaumal qiyamah. So this noor is given to those who have the correct creed and application of the deen, does it seem befitting that Allah would give His noor to someone who disbelieves and commits shirk and falls into both major and minor sins?

Ibn Masud
12-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Your mixing definitions, the example you give is of the akhira while the noor we speak of is one in this world. Your also over simplifying the Issue, I could very well suggest what ever noor Allah gives to a kafir to guide him to some place in this life, or for some other reason is taken away from him upon death. When Allah wishes well for a kafir and he places a noor in his heart to lead him to islam, until he takes the shahadah isn't he still a kafir with the noor of Allah guiding him to his final place? further when a kafir prays doesn't Allah look at them or pays attention to them, he mentions this specifically in the Quran, they call out to him by day and by night, Allahs likeness is light upon light neither of the east or the west, it stands to reason that during prayer they receive some noor to nourish there heart so they remain upright, its what prayer does to a human. Something stops them from becoming muslim but they still need nourishment to be good otherwise a human would become completely corrupt if his prayer had no effect on his heart [its like physiology]. For everything there is a polish and the polish of the heart is dhikr of Allah, this wasn't limited to muslims he was talking about a mechanism in creation a law like the laws in physics. something needs to stop people from total corruption and there laws at work which govern this for all people.

Muwaahid
12-01-2012, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Masud
Your mixing definitions, the example you give is of the akhira while the noor we speak of is one in this world. Your also over simplifying the Issue, I could very well suggest what ever noor Allah gives to a kafir to guide him to some place in this life, or for some other reason is taken away from him upon death. When Allah wishes well for a kafir and he places a noor in his heart to lead him to islam, until he takes the shahadah isn't he still a kafir with the noor of Allah guiding him to his final place? further when a kafir prays doesn't Allah look at them or pays attention to them, he mentions this specifically in the Quran, they call out to him by day and by night, Allahs likeness is light upon light neither of the east or the west, it stands to reason that during prayer they receive some noor to nourish there heart so they remain upright, its what prayer does to a human. Something stops them from becoming muslim but they still need nourishment to be good otherwise a human would become completely corrupt if his prayer had no effect on his heart [its like physiology]. For everything there is a polish and the polish of the heart is dhikr of Allah, this wasn't limited to muslims he was talking about a mechanism in creation a law like the laws in physics. something needs to stop people from total corruption and there laws at work which govern this for all people.
I do not wish this to be a long and drawn out discussion, but I have not mixed anything, we were discussing the noor that can be witnessed on the believers face, meaning the physical brilliance that illuminates their countenance. As for the Noor of Huda then yes I agree that guidance no doubt is a noor [singular] in which Allah guides His slaves from those who those who disbelieved into Islam as Allah says "He guides them from Dhulomaat [darknessess] into Noor" Though I wouldnt say Allah placed Noor in a kaafirs heart as I dont have any text from the Qur'aan and sunnah for that. Likewise when the kuffar pray of course Allah hears them and knows what they are doing but their supplications are worthless and it only adds to their own destruction because they are calling upon other than Allah. Perhap you should read on this forum a post concerning Allah's Iraadhah and His Mashiyyah its very beneficial. I agree they still need nourishment [spiritual] but its all deception that perpetuates their condition of remaining upon their kufr and shirk. Now I myself am a revert, a former Christian and I swear by Allah that I have never looked at the face of anyone of my congregation and seen noor on their faces, not the ministers not the deacons not the parishners, no one, been to catholic services too prior to accepting Islaam and you know what? No noor,sat with buddist and baha'i faiths and you know what? No noor. Then I come to Islaam, wa lillahil hamd and guess what? I met individuals from all nationalities and a host of skin colors ranging from that of a raisin to that of an olive to that of porcelin and I have seen noor on their faces. I have met individuals who were extremely dark and the noor that was seen on their faces was beautiful. So like I said before from my understanding of certain texts and my own experience have led me to believe that the disbelievers do not have that type of noor that the ORIGINAL POSTER was referring to. Wallahu Alam

Ibn Masud
12-02-2012, 11:43 AM
in reference to the original poster you are right but i don't agree with some of your explanations.

Likewise when the kuffar pray of course Allah hears them and knows what they are doing but their supplications are worthless and it only adds to their own destruction because they are calling upon other than Allah.
That isn't correct it isn't worthless, nothing we do in life is worthless, Pharoah the biggest Kaffir in the Quran was sent Moses to guide him, this is after he killed the first born children, right up to the end Allah continued to give him chances and never gave up on him. Allah may also choose to answer the prayer of a Kafir who prays to other than him you shouldn't limit what Allah may want to do.

The noor on the faces is one type of noor, there are others that do other things and a kafir wouldn't be denied them as they are a part of life and Allah's creation. On the day of judgment Allah those he hasnt appointed noor for will not have noor on that day, The muslims will be shining like the full moon on that day and the kufar will come up to them to take that noor but they wont be able to, light here is in the literal sense so it is a mechanism in creation humans need as is evident by the fact the Kuafr will attempt to steal it to try to make things easier for themselves.

Ebru
12-03-2012, 12:20 AM
First of all, this is my opinion, this the way how I see Islam:

I believe every creature has got noor (light , positive energy or however you translate it into your native language). Why? Look at the babies? How do you feel when you see little babies? Especially if they smile on you? Don't you feel yourself better? Doesn't their smile make you happy? At least just lil bit? Because little babies are sinless and full of noors, because they are innocent little humans.

The older we got, the nastier / meane etc. we get or potentially we get more sinful and our noor gets less and less. And of course the amount of noor for each person is different.

Now the actual question is: How to obtain noor? I believe there are 4 ways to obtain it:

1. Doing Islamic rituals : Such as 5 times a day namaz/salat ; fasting during Ramadan etc.

2. Doing Islamic rituals part II : Apart from the above ones that are obligation for every healthy and adult Muslim, you can do further more such as maybe praying God intensively or fasting extra days etc.

3. Improving the personality / behaviour in a good way: Kuran orders us to do Islamic rituals such as praying etc but also we should be actually all honest, fair , kind etc. people. For example some Muslims claim to be honest but they don't pay their taxes fully, he were go, that's haram.

4. Tying to maintain your mind "clean" : Try to think positive even if you dislike certain people.

Azzam90
05-09-2013, 03:15 AM
Peace upon you, you can obtain light mainly from Quran recitation and prayers( nawfel & night prayer), you should have many
Prayers and long rokoa and sujood within it.

The light may appear clear to your face or at least you can feel the guaidance and mercy of allah all over your body.

Ahmad H
05-09-2013, 08:02 AM
It is hard to know when you yourself have obtained this noor. I know myself that when i see someone of a very righteous nature, you can see the noor on their faces. I don't know if that person considers themselves to have this noor. I think they feel they never have enough noor so they are constantly progressing in this itself. That is the attitude of a real believer. You can never be fully satisfied with the light that you have and feel that you can always progress.

Read Surah Al-Hadid (Chapter 57 of the Holy Qur'an) and you will see the theme of the believers and their light in it in many verses. Verse 28 in it says that you should fear Allah and obey His Messenger. So have Taqwa (fear of Allah) and try to follow the actions of the Holy Prophet (saw) as much as you possibly can in your life. I don't see any other verse in the Qur'an being clearer than this on how to obtain a light from Allah. This will shine on the Day of Judgment, but as for it shining in this world, I am not sure if the people you want to see this are in this life or the Hereafter. I don't know if everyone or just the true believers could see this light shining on your face if you do obtain it. But, we do know that the Prophets like Musa (as) definitely had this (It is mentioned in the Bible, I don't know where, but Musa (as)'s shining hand without disease is a reference to this in verse: 20:22, 27:12).

So keep on doing your best to be the best Muslim you can be. If you humble yourself before Allah and restrain your lower self, then you will succeed. In sha 'Allah.

جوري
05-11-2013, 06:41 PM
People who do good but reject the straight path, receive their recognition & admiration in this life. What is for this life is for this life, the religion with :Allah::swt: is Islam:

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)[3:85]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Waman yabtaghi ghayra alislami deenan falan yuqbala minhu wahuwa fee alakhirati mina alkhasireena

Urban Turban
05-11-2013, 07:15 PM
There is a such a thing as Noor even though we may don't know it, not knowing it does not mean it doesn't exist. There are infinite things that the Human mind does not know and will never know.

Remember me in duas.

greenhill
09-25-2014, 03:38 PM
:bump1:

Some very interesting comments here. Makes me think it deserves a bump. :D

I suppose we need to be at peace with ourselves to have any chance of it..

Peace :shade:

amrabdulrahman
09-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Sister
What do you mean by noor on the face. As i know there are no such specific thing and amal.
But struggle for five prayers specily tahjud prayer.
Quran tilawat.
Zikar ALLAH.
Practice every amal according to sunnah.
Strongle hijab form non mehram
Avoid wrong thinking.
Avoid sins.
Dua to ALLAH.
Completely submit to ALLAH.
In sha ALLAH you will see good result.
There will be no question in grave and in judgment day about noori face.

MuslimInshallah
09-26-2014, 03:06 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

It was asked: how to find noor (Light)?

Allah is... Light upon light. And He Guides whomever He Wills to His Light... (inspired by 24:35)

It seems to me that we should seek Allah's Guidance in order to find this Light. We have three sources of guidance, I think. The Signs in Creation, the Qur'an and the Sunnah (the words and actions of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). But also, it seems to me, the previous Books, and words and actions of prior Prophets (PBUT) Sent by Him may contain enough echoes to help the seeker of Light to find at least some Guidance.

I believe that Muslim, in the word's original, Qur'anic sense, describes a relationship with God. It is not a casual label that we are born into. We are all born Muslim! But then we wander astray... and we all have to make an active and conscious effort to find Him, to please Him. In my understanding, the label we affix to ourselves is not very important. It is the relationship we are trying to have that is what is important.

If you are born into a family whose ancestors perhaps were Muslims, it does not automatically mean that you, too, are a Muslim with a guaranteed spot in Paradise. And if you are born into a family whose ancestors were, perhaps, atheists, this does not mean that you are a Kaafir who is doomed to Torment. Because kafara means “to hide, conceal, be ungrateful”. It is an active choice, too (both Muslim and Kaafir are (grammatically) active participles, incidentally). God offers you the possibilities to Know Him. For those fortunate enough to be exposed to His Unadulterated Word, it is easier to find Allah, in my opinion.

But for those who are Blessed with different circumstances, there are always ways to find Him. Because in the wind that blows the scents of thunder, in the industry of the ants, in the flying of the birds, in the dawning of the day...Allah Calls to us. In the wise words we find, half faded with human mistakes, Allah Calls to us. In the emptiness of the created heart, Allah Calls to us.

And how do we use this Guidance to find Him, to know how to please Him, to perhaps be Blessed with His Light? Well, He has Given us the tools to distinguish between things (in my understanding, this is what al-furqaan means). He Gave us our fitrah (our inner sense of right and wrong), our taqwa (a sense that can “feel” Allah, and that protects us from that which is displeasing to Him (and which is therefore bad for us)), and our intellects.

Do we consider the signs in Creation? Do we try to use our inner compass to chose what is best? Do we listen to, or read, the messages He has Sent us? Do we try to understand the people, objects and events that He Sends across our Paths? Do we open our hearts and try to feel God's Will?

If we do, I believe, we are struggling to be Muslims (those who surrender to Him). But if we chose to ignore the Guidance, if we smother our taqwa and fitrah and ban our intellects from pursuing Him, then we are being Kaafirs (those who cover and are ungrateful to their Creator). The labels we affix to ourselves are not very important. It is the state of our relationship with Him that He Looks at.

This is how I understand His Guidance and the methods He has Given us to weigh and understand His Guidance.

As for noor (light)? It seems to me that when we find those moments of peace and balance and harmony, when we are in that state of Islam, He Sends His Light into our hearts. Through our connection with Him (which we all have...through His Ruh, maybe?), our uncovered and questioning hearts can receive His Light. And then we can radiate it to others around us. And the more our hearts overflow with His Light, the more we shine onto others.

But it seems to me that, just as our relationship with Him fluctuates, so does the level of light we have in our hearts to shine, fluctuates. And some people shine more often or more brightly than others. But I have seen pretty dark people have moments of brightness. And pretty bright people have times of darkness. (smile) Are there not times when we overflow with love for all around us, and we feel like we're shining on the people around us? And are there not other times when dark thoughts and actions colour our lives and we cast instead hungry shadows onto others, and are not very nice to those around us?

How to find more Light? Look to please Allah, is what I believe. How? Well, first find out what (through the Guidance and using al-furqaan) pleases Him, and then do it. Seek knowledge. As much and as far as you can. And then apply what you have learnt.

And remembrance of Allah? Yes, of course, formulated prayers and praise are one way. But everything can be a remembrance (thikr) of the Creator! When you comfort your sick child at night instead of sleeping... because you know that's what He Loves. This is thikr. Cleaning your house and clothes...because that's what He Loves. This is thikr. Looking for fair trade food...because that's what He Loves. This is thikr. Visiting a friend who's sad...because that's what He Loves. This is thikr. We can try to make our whole lives a continuous remembrance of Him. We can make our lives into living prayers and praise.

And if we do this, I believe, we'll find ourselves more often than not in a state of Islam. And He Will Illuminate our hearts, and we will spill His Light into the lives of those around us.

In sha Allah (If it is the Will of God).

But only Allah, the Knowing really Knows.

May He Who is the Light Guide and Illuminate us.

Hamza :)
06-01-2016, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum,

It was asked: how to find noor (Light)?

Allah is... Light upon light. And He Guides whomever He Wills to His Light... (inspired by 24:35)

It seems to me that we should seek Allah's Guidance in order to find this Light. We have three sources of guidance, I think. The Signs in Creation, the Qur'an and the Sunnah (the words and actions of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). But also, it seems to me, the previous Books, and words and actions of prior Prophets (PBUT) Sent by Him may contain enough echoes to help the seeker of Light to find at least some Guidance.

I believe that Muslim, in the word's original, Qur'anic sense, describes a relationship with God. It is not a casual label that we are born into. We are all born Muslim! But then we wander astray... and we all have to make an active and conscious effort to find Him, to please Him. In my understanding, the label we affix to ourselves is not very important. It is the relationship we are trying to have that is what is important.

If you are born into a family whose ancestors perhaps were Muslims, it does not automatically mean that you, too, are a Muslim with a guaranteed spot in Paradise. And if you are born into a family whose ancestors were, perhaps, atheists, this does not mean that you are a Kaafir who is doomed to Torment. Because kafara means “to hide, conceal, be ungrateful”. It is an active choice, too (both Muslim and Kaafir are (grammatically) active participles, incidentally). God offers you the possibilities to Know Him. For those fortunate enough to be exposed to His Unadulterated Word, it is easier to find Allah, in my opinion.

But for those who are Blessed with different circumstances, there are always ways to find Him. Because in the wind that blows the scents of thunder, in the industry of the ants, in the flying of the birds, in the dawning of the day...Allah Calls to us. In the wise words we find, half faded with human mistakes, Allah Calls to us. In the emptiness of the created heart, Allah Calls to us.

And how do we use this Guidance to find Him, to know how to please Him, to perhaps be Blessed with His Light? Well, He has Given us the tools to distinguish between things (in my understanding, this is what al-furqaan means). He Gave us our fitrah (our inner sense of right and wrong), our taqwa (a sense that can “feel” Allah, and that protects us from that which is displeasing to Him (and which is therefore bad for us)), and our intellects.

Do we consider the signs in Creation? Do we try to use our inner compass to chose what is best? Do we listen to, or read, the messages He has Sent us? Do we try to understand the people, objects and events that He Sends across our Paths? Do we open our hearts and try to feel God's Will?

If we do, I believe, we are struggling to be Muslims (those who surrender to Him). But if we chose to ignore the Guidance, if we smother our taqwa and fitrah and ban our intellects from pursuing Him, then we are being Kaafirs (those who cover and are ungrateful to their Creator). The labels we affix to ourselves are not very important. It is the state of our relationship with Him that He Looks at.

This is how I understand His Guidance and the methods He has Given us to weigh and understand His Guidance.

As for noor (light)? It seems to me that when we find those moments of peace and balance and harmony, when we are in that state of Islam, He Sends His Light into our hearts. Through our connection with Him (which we all have...through His Ruh, maybe?), our uncovered and questioning hearts can receive His Light. And then we can radiate it to others around us. And the more our hearts overflow with His Light, the more we shine onto others.

But it seems to me that, just as our relationship with Him fluctuates, so does the level of light we have in our hearts to shine, fluctuates. And some people shine more often or more brightly than others. But I have seen pretty dark people have moments of brightness. And pretty bright people have times of darkness. (smile) Are there not times when we overflow with love for all around us, and we feel like we're shining on the people around us? And are there not other times when dark thoughts and actions colour our lives and we cast instead hungry shadows onto others, and are not very nice to those around us?

How to find more Light? Look to please Allah, is what I believe. How? Well, first find out what (through the Guidance and using al-furqaan) pleases Him, and then do it. Seek knowledge. As much and as far as you can. And then apply what you have learnt.

And remembrance of Allah? Yes, of course, formulated prayers and praise are one way. But everything can be a remembrance (thikr) of the Creator! When you comfort your sick child at night instead of sleeping... because you know that's what He Loves. This is thikr. Cleaning your house and clothes...because that's what He Loves. This is thikr. Looking for fair trade food...because that's what He Loves. This is thikr. Visiting a friend who's sad...because that's what He Loves. This is thikr. We can try to make our whole lives a continuous remembrance of Him. We can make our lives into living prayers and praise.

And if we do this, I believe, we'll find ourselves more often than not in a state of Islam. And He Will Illuminate our hearts, and we will spill His Light into the lives of those around us.

In sha Allah (If it is the Will of God).

But only Allah, the Knowing really Knows.

May He Who is the Light Guide and Illuminate us.

:wa:

:jz:

Scimitar
06-01-2016, 07:43 PM
torch + reflective surface = reflected light.

Massive bread crumb ^ if applied metaphysically

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!