/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taqleed in the Forums?

Samiun
11-21-2012, 11:02 AM
:sl: so I've just read about some biography of the four Imams of the four school of thought a few days ago. According to Imam As-Syafiee rahimahullah, he warned his friends and students not to use taqleed that is following the opinion of other scholars about a hukm. He advises them to get explanations and proofs from the Al-Qur'an and Al-Hadis. My question is, if someone ask a question and we linked them let's say to the islamqa website then wouldn't that be taqleed? Also, is that website used to elaborate a ruling or for Muslims to take it seriously and apply it into real life situations?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadan90
11-21-2012, 11:23 AM
I assume that the Islamqa website provide evidences from the quran and al-hadis when they are trying to answer questions?

ardianto
11-21-2012, 11:47 AM
:sl:

Taqleed is "follow blindly". If someone follow only Sheikh "A" and he believe that every fatwa that issued by Sheikh "A" must be right, and he reject other fatawa that issued by other scholars just because those fatawa issued not by Sheikh "A", this is taqleed.

ardianto
11-21-2012, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
I assume that the Islamqa website provide evidences from the quran and al-hadis when they are trying to answer questions?
I do not assume that the Islamqa website provide evidences from the quran and al-hadis when they are trying to answer questions.

Because from I've noticed, Shaykh Saleh Al Munajid and his 'team' really provide evidences from the quran and al-hadis when they are trying to answer questions. So, this is not just assumption, but fact.
:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
11-22-2012, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

Taqleed is "follow blindly". If someone follow only Sheikh "A" and he believe that every fatwa that issued by Sheikh "A" must be right, and he reject other fatawa that issued by other scholars just because those fatawa issued not by Sheikh "A", this is taqleed.
Yes exactly, what if we followed Sheikh Al-Munajjid's fatwa but disregard the rulings in our country? That is what I'm afraid of..

ardianto
11-22-2012, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
Yes exactly, what if we followed Sheikh Al-Munajjid's fatwa but disregard the rulings in our country? That is what I'm afraid of..
Don't worry, that's not taqleed.

Insha Allah, you will know what is taqleed.

ardianto
11-22-2012, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
According to Imam As-Syafiee rahimahullah, he warned his friends and students not to use taqleed that is following the opinion of other scholars about a hukm. He advises them to get explanations and proofs from the Al-Qur'an and Al-Hadis.
There is difference between "follow blindly (taqleed)" and "follow properly". If a Muslim always perform du'a qunut in salah subuh because he follow Shafi'i madhab, this is not taqleed, but follow the rule in following a madhab.

Ibn Masud
11-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Imam shafii is always misquoted by salafi's, he was talking to his students who had reached such a high level of knowledge that it was no longer permissible for them to do taqleed of him but come up with there own rulings. this is how it works in Islam you have to follow a mujatihid [high level scholar like imam shafii] until your own level of knowledge and education itself reaches the same level of a muhjtahid then it is not permissible for you to follow one any longer. He told them to directly go to the Quran and sunnah to get there own proofs because they are qualified to do so the average Muslim is not and would be punished by Allah for doing so because the prophet said don't interpreted the Quran according to your self [or something along those lines]. There are also different definitions of taqleed, there is nothing wrong with it as long as you don't make an issue out of it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!