/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questoin about why bad things happen.

TomTunisia
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Salem.

At the moment, I am trying to do everything I can to be a good Muslim, I am fairly new to Islam, but I am confused on what the Quran says about bad things happening to children or good people?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
11-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Salaam,

There are many instances in the Quran where we are reminded that the life of this world was never meant to be easy. Especially for believers. As muslims it's important for us to know that true success is success in the hereafter and not in the dunya. For the believers, all affairs are good. When he is going through ease, he has shukr(gratitude), when he is going through hardship he has sabr(patience).

"Do you suppose that you will enter the Garden without first having suffered like those before you? They were afflicted by mis- fortune and hardship, and they were so shaken that even [their] messenger and the believers with him cried, ‘When will God’s help arrive?’ Truly, God’s help is near."
Sura Al Baqarah 2:214

There are many things you can mention, not just bad things happening to children. E.g people with handicaps, oppressions, natural disasters.

Ibn Masud
12-01-2012, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TomTunisia
Salem.

At the moment, I am trying to do everything I can to be a good Muslim, I am fairly new to Islam, but I am confused on what the Quran says about bad things happening to children or good people?
Good people are not placed on this earth to be preserved or protected from all misfortune, they are here like the rest of creation to see which of us is best in conduct as Allah says. We all abide by the same rules of creation, bad occurs to people because other people decide to be bad and some have to suffer there choices, some Good people suffer the bad there own hands have wrought [as Allah also says] without realizing why. No Good person is entirely sinless and no person whom Allah creates isnt tested in this life by Allah at some point in life, as you see there different reason why people go through hardships and not just one.

As for children there is no grace period after being born where Allah guarantees there protection they abide by the same laws Allah placed into creation as the rest of us, sometimes a child decides to be a certain way or on a certain nature [these are deep choices of the heart, why is one child calm another loud] and that sets them on a course in life and because of this Allah also acts upon those choices in a deep way, we cant perceive the reason for them because we cant see the connection between the child's choices and Allah's. We would have to factor in an unlimited amount of information to understand Allah's choice.

MohammedK
12-02-2012, 07:23 AM
This is a good question brother. May Allah reward you. I myself have similar question to this regarding my health problems. I think you should ask shiekh at Islamqa. Also I will try to get you email of a scholar with PHD in sharia law; who teaches at Al Quds University so you may ask him. There is a answer to why bad things happen and calamties on islamqa and he shows proves from Quran and sunnah in that answer; it seems right.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!