/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How did you find your dream job?

Samiun
12-07-2012, 02:51 PM
:sl: so I'm heading to college in a couple of months InshaAllah and I'm just wondering if someone can give me some tips in finding the most suitable 'course' and the best job that I could succeed in. Probably someone could share their experience? How did you find your most loving job, that you like and you love with all interest and you kept that level of interest constant through bad and good times? What did you do before choosing a course in college? What was the reason you chose to be what you wanna be? Finally, does something in your heart says 'yes this is it, my dream job' when you select your course before entering a university/college?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-09-2012, 09:15 PM
:sl:

Use your first year in college as a time of exploring your options. Most of you first year will consist os basic core courses that you will have no say about choosing. You will get the option to select some 101 level introductory course. Choose as many as you can each in a different field you may have interest in. Than by the time you are required to have a Major you will have some concept as to what is best for you.

Your first 2 years in college are usually a time of learning your options, not a specific field or profession. Use them wisely and you will find what is best for you.

GuestFellow
12-27-2012, 10:55 PM
:wa:

How I found my dream job? Ah Internet.

QueenofHerts
12-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Never, Still waiting for that day.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
12-27-2012, 11:01 PM
^:sl:

What's your dream job? Chopping off people's heads?

QueenofHerts
12-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Is that directed at me?

GuestFellow
12-27-2012, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QueenofHerts
Is that directed at me?
:sl:

Yes. =)

Oh I misread your name. I thought it read the QueenOfHearts.

QueenofHerts
12-27-2012, 11:09 PM
No....

Cabdullahi
12-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Network support

The Ruler
12-27-2012, 11:54 PM
I slept.

sister herb
12-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Salam alaykum

My dream job? I want to teach, write to kids and make dramas to the theater. Now I make all of this.

It doesn´t make make me rich but happy!

;D

To be happy than rich is more important to me.

Innocent Soul
12-28-2012, 02:20 PM
I also don't know which is the most suitable course for me. I want to do something I feel like doing and makes me happy and at the same time is productive and benefits others. But I really don't know what.

I think the thread needs more replies. Is no one here happy with their job?

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Your first 2 years in college are usually a time of learning your options
Yeah bit in our country at least we have to choose roughly in which field we have to go.

I don't want to seem aggressive but I think bro GuestFellow is going off topic and I think it's really a serious thing for the OP and many other members may need help.

Muhaba
12-28-2012, 03:08 PM
my dream job found me.

as for career, well i always knew what i wanted to do. i wanted to become an accountant (profession) and also writer (which was more of a hobby). i knew i wanted thse two even from junior high school. and so i took courses for both in high school, then studied writing a bit online while also writing a lot, reading books on the craft of writing, and of course reading. and for accounting, i went to college and intitutes for accounting study, accounting software, etc., where i also took courses that would help my writing whenever i could, such as course on doing research, etc.

The best place to plan your career is of course in high school so you don't waste time later. but it's never too late to plan. there are career planning courses and you may be able to find something online as well to help you reach a decision. think about the things you like to do and the subjects you're interested. your career should be something you enjoy because you'll be doing it for many years. switching to other careers later on are time consuming and costly so plan well and choose what you love doing while also think whether you you can do that sort of work of not. For example, i loved both library arts and accounting but chose accounting (probably loved it more) but it's not always easy getting a job in this profession because a lot of companies deal with interest so i sometimes wonder if becoming a librarian might've been better for me, especially since i love reading and writing.

GuestFellow
12-28-2012, 09:14 PM
^ I work in accounts. It's really boring...

Muhaba
12-29-2012, 08:22 AM
^depends on what you do. if you're responsible for keeping basic accounting recrds then that becomes boring and tiring but if you're responsible for management decision-making, etc, then it's more fun. accountants have many options such as management consultancy. recodr-keeping is more the work of bookkeepers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!