/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Revert Advice Needed: Prayers for Unborn Child and Other Things

cottonrainbow
12-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Assalaamu alaikum!

I would prefer if this were in the sister's private forum, but I do not yet have access to because I am a newbie. Here goes:

I would like to know the prayers and specific surahs to read from Quaran when carrying a child in addition to salat.

What are the father's role in the childbirth process? Is it okay for him to be in the delivery room?

Is the mother excused from praying when her tummy grows too big or uncomfortable? Should she still pray, but not prostrate?

What happens when the baby is born? Names? Ceremonies, etc?

Keeping the pregnancy a secret: is that religious or cultural?

I found some things on YOUTUBE, but not sure if it is correct or not, so not relying on that.

Thanks soooo much in advance for your advice because it is sincerely needed. SALAAM!

Mods: If this needs to be moved, I understand, but I really think this information is both useful and helpful, especially to new reverts who will now be raising Muslim children in the siratal mustakeem. :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cottonrainbow
01-06-2013, 02:06 PM
imsad okay, soooo NOBODY can answer these questions? hmmm :hmm:

Alpha Dude
01-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

I hope someone knowledgeable will direct you inshaAllah but since nobody has replied yet, I will give a futile attempt at answering the questions raised.

1. I would like to know the prayers and specific surahs to read from Quaran when carrying a child in addition to salat.

I don't believe there is any specific 'compulsory' dua or surahs that one must recite whilst pregnant. However, I believe it would be good in general to recite any part of the Qur'aan.

2. What are the father's role in the childbirth process? Is it okay for him to be in the delivery room?

There's a fatwa here which might be useful for you.

3. Is the mother excused from praying when her tummy grows too big or uncomfortable? Should she still pray, but not prostrate?

I don't know the answer to this. I would say though that if the pain is unbearable or you fear harm to the baby, it would be wise to either sit down and pray or do it from a sleeping position (i.e. pray via 'gestures'). Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge can advise.

4. What happens when the baby is born? Names? Ceremonies, etc?

InshaAllah this will help.

5. Keeping the pregnancy a secret: is that religious or cultural?

Personally, I have never heard of this neither from a cultural nor from a religious perspective. If I were to make an assumption, however, I'd say people might be doing this to avoid 'evil eye'/jealousy etc.

Urban Turban
01-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Wa alay kum as salam, sister.

There is a book which covers most of this or all of this and its called 'Bringing up Children in Islam' ...Google this:
Bringing up Children In Islam By Shaykh Abdullaah Naasih Ulwaan (Shaykh Habibullah Mukhtar)

nmusba.wordpress.com

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Urban Turban
01-06-2013, 04:46 PM
nmusba.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/bringing-up-children-in-islam-by-shaykh-abdullaah-naasih-ulwaan-shaykh-habibullah-mukhtar/

cottonrainbow
01-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Wa Salaam and thanks sooo much to you all! Just to update you all, I was in the neighborhood of the masjid and decided to stick around to pray Dhuhr and some of the elder sisters bombarded me with like, "soo where have you been, blah, blah" and they noticed my baby bump and gave me a bunch of advice.

But this is great information! I'm happy that you all answered. I'm just taking it all in and insha'Allah, other Muslim moms-to-be can read your advice as well! :D

Urban Turban
01-10-2013, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cottonrainbow
Wa Salaam and thanks sooo much to you all! Just to update you all, I was in the neighborhood of the masjid and decided to stick around to pray Dhuhr and some of the elder sisters bombarded me with like, "soo where have you been, blah, blah" and they noticed my baby bump and gave me a bunch of advice.

But this is great information! I'm happy that you all answered. I'm just taking it all in and insha'Allah, other Muslim moms-to-be can read your advice as well! :D

Sis, I strongly suggest you connect to a scholar who you can call / email for day to day Islamic queries - reading multitude of books for each and every question that comes up ...can be very time consuming and stressful and as you are a revert, you actually shouldn't be bothered with this right now, take it all step by step, take it easy. Let me know and I'll see if I can get such a Scholar for you in U. S..

cottonrainbow
01-15-2013, 04:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Urban Turban
Sis, I strongly suggest you connect to a scholar who you can call / email for day to day Islamic queries - reading multitude of books for each and every question that comes up ...can be very time consuming and stressful and as you are a revert, you actually shouldn't be bothered with this right now, take it all step by step, take it easy. Let me know and I'll see if I can get such a Scholar for you in U. S..
Salaam!
Yes, that would be a great resource. Please, you may PM the information to me.

Urban Turban
01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cottonrainbow
Salaam!
Yes, that would be a great resource. Please, you may PM the information to me.
you've got mail.

cottonrainbow
01-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Salaam! ^^
Sent mail, please check

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!