/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eight Things to Learn

Amat Allah
12-28-2012, 12:30 AM

Eight Things to Learn

It was narrated that Shaqiq [Ibn Ibrahim] Al-Balkhi said to Hatim [Al-Assam, his student]:

"You have accompanied me for a long period of time, so what have you learnt?"

Hatim replied: "Eight things"

The First:

I looked at the creation and found that every person has something that is beloved to him,
but when that person reaches his grave, his beloved would be separated from him.
So I made the most beloved thing to me my righteous deeds, so that they may be with me in my grave.

The Second:

I looked at the saying of Allah the Elevated:

"...and restrained himself from impure evil desires and lusts."

[Noble Quran 79:40]

So I strove against my self, repelling desires and lusts from it until it settled upon obedience to Allah.

The Third:

I saw that whoever possessed something valuable would keep it in a safe and secure place,
I then looked at the saying of Allah the Glorified:

"Whatever is with you will come to an end, and whatever is with Allah will remain."

[Noble Quran 16:96]

So whenever something of value came into my possession, I directed it to Him,
so that it may remain for me with Him.

The Fourth:

I saw that people return to wealth, lineage and nobility, and they are all worthless,
so I looked at the saying of Allah the Glorified:

"Indeed the most honorable of you with Allah are those who have Taqwa"

[Noble Quran 49:13]

So I worked on attaining Taqwa so that I may be honorable with Allah.

The Fifth:

I saw that people envy each other, so I looked at the saying of the Elevated:

"It is We Who portion out their livelihood between them"

[Noble Quran 43:32]

So I forsook envy and jealousy.

The Sixth:

I saw them taking each other as enemies, so I looked at the saying of the Glorified:

"Surely, Shaytan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy"

[Noble Quran 35:6]

So I left their enmity and took Shaytan as my only enemy.

The Seventh:

I saw that they humiliate themselves in pursuing provision, so I looked at the saying of Allah the Glorified:

"And no moving (living) creature is there on earth except that its provision is due from Allah."

[Noble Quran 11:6]

So I concentrated on what was due to Him from me, and left what was due to me to Him.

The Eighth:

I saw them dependent upon their trades, professions and health, so I depended upon Allah the Glorified.

Mukhtasar Minhaj Al-Qasidin, p. 28

Khadejah Jones
Share Islam Team
ShareIslam.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
specs
12-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Wow - I love this. I'm now going to make my beloved thing my righteous deeds :D Jazak'Allah for this sister :)

Amat Allah
12-28-2012, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by specs
Wow - I love this. I'm now going to make my beloved thing my righteous deeds Jazak'Allah for this sister
Wa Iyaki and May Allah love you my sweetheart, Be pleased with ya and make ya from the best of His servants and slaves always and forever Ameeen

specs
12-28-2012, 01:50 AM
Ameen. Insha'Allah. Same to you sis :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
seokochin
12-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks a lot sister.

Amat Allah
12-29-2012, 02:41 PM
You are very welcome my respected and noble brother, May Allah love you and make ya amongst the happiest from His righteous and pious slaves and servants Ameeen

Muhaba
12-29-2012, 06:02 PM
very nice

Amat Allah
12-29-2012, 06:11 PM
May Allah love you my nice sister always Ameeeen ^____^

abcdcool2012
12-30-2012, 12:25 AM
good one

ardianto
12-30-2012, 01:50 AM
I always notice, when sister Amat Allah makes a post, she doesn't focus only to content, but also very concerned about aesthetics. It's makes her post look beautiful.

Bint-e-Adam
12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Yups. it really really looks beautiful and attractive maa-shaaAllah

Amat Allah
12-31-2012, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abcdcool2012
good one
Alhamdulilah, May Allah love you and make you from the best of His slaves and servants Ameeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I always notice, when sister Amat Allah makes a post, she doesn't focus only to content, but also very concerned about aesthetics. It's makes her post look beautiful.
The beauty is in your heart and that what makes ya see it beautiful ...May Allah make happiness and beauty the titles of every single moment of your precious life my respected and noble brother Ameeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
Yups. it really really looks beautiful and attractive maa-shaaAllah
^__^ Sub'haan Allah, how the inner beauty you have inside of you O sons and daughters of my precious beloved Ummah makes ya see beauty around ya...

May Allah make everything in your eyes beautiful, please you , Be pleased with you, love you and give ya the best of the best all of you O my dear Ummah that I love , admire and even adore madly just for His sake The Most Merciful Ameeeeen

look how Allah planted love and care in our hearts for each other tho, we know not each other and have never met before but for the beauty of Allah's pure and high love it was enough to know that you are exist...O believers from Allah's slaves and servants; I love you always and forever for His sake and that won't change in'shaa Allah ever whether you are dead or alive; whether you were from Rasool Allah Muhammad salla Allahu alyhi wa sallam Ummah or from previous Ummahs of all prophets and messengers peace be upon them all...

Forgive me for long posts, sometimes you just can't stop expressing and still not enough <3

Zeeshan15
01-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Thank you for putting these up, i really loved what you have return. INshallah i will follow them.

~Zaria~
01-13-2013, 02:21 PM
JazakAllah khayrun for these beautiful pearls of wisdom.

Just wanted to humbly add:

I looked at the creation and found that every person has something that is beloved to him,
but when that person reaches his grave, his beloved would be separated from him.
So I made the most beloved thing to me my righteous deeds, so that they may be with me in my grave.

When we also make Allah (subhanwataála) our BELOVED, then we truly can never go wrong.

We may love our families, our kids, our spouses and everyone around us......but they all have the potential of letting you down/ turning away from you.

But ALLAH azza wajjal will NEVER let you down - so make HIM your beloved, for there is no greater love than this.

And when we are seperated from those we love in this world, for whatever reason - we will ALWAYS have our MOST Beloved to turn to, to give us hope and to remind us that we are just a few more hours/ days/ months/ years away from meeting Him.

:wa:

Amat Allah
01-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Humbly my beloved and precious sister <3, I think that what he did at first place cause if Allah wasn't his most beloved One, first and last and everything then ; he wouldn't think about those eight things; wouldn't leave duny and poeple and return to Allah's words and wisdom...Allah knows the best.

love ya always for Allah's sake...

Caller الداعي
01-17-2013, 12:44 AM
May Allah give us the ability to practice in the best way what he loves !

Amat Allah
01-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Ameeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!