/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Islamic Heritage in India

Veritas
12-29-2012, 03:17 AM
Brother Scimitar is a Gujarati, a western Indian state with a minority Islamic population.

I have a good friend from Mumbai, a Hindi, who explained to me how the British orchestrated a civil war between Hindis and Muslims in India at the end of colonial rule, requiring Muslims to move within 6 months to the then West and Pakistan. The civil war created a sufficient distraction to enable the English colonialists to leave the country ... however, 20 million people died in the process.

I was horrified when I heard this. It certainly is not taught in western history books.

Can anyone explain the Muslim history in India Pre-civil war, and what relations are like now?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!