/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rule of "هو ، هي" etc?

Bint-e-Adam
12-30-2012, 02:44 PM
ASsalam o Alaikum
I want to knwo a rule of this thing also.
as for example an ayat:

why is "هو" present here. as the subject the noun "ربك" is present as mubtada.
then =why the pronoun? Expalin pls

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Purple
12-30-2012, 03:07 PM
please check this,Brief explanation of grammar for each verse...
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...e=25#(32:25:1)

Bint-e-Adam
12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
That is really ncie source of word to word grammar. but akhtee.
there is not given details.
i want detail of hwo to use the pronouns repeating in sentence and when? in what cirumstances or in what condition?
as i have heard that if a pronoun is reapeated in a sentence then it means emphsais there is it right?

Muwaahid
12-31-2012, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
ASsalam o Alaikum
I want to knwo a rule of this thing also.
as for example an ayat:

why is "هو" present here. as the subject the noun "ربك" is present as mubtada.

As-Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu.

With respect to your question then please observe how the ayah starts of with the harf "inna" and as you know Inna expresses emphasis and certainty of which no doubt can enter upon it and the ismu inna [or the word that emphasis is being placed on no longer would be marfoo but rather it becomes mansoob i.e vowelled with fathah]. If you were to do the Iraab of the sentence it would go as follows:

Inna Lit-Tawkeed wa Nasb [the harf inna indicates emphasis and makes ismu inna in the state of nasb i.e vowelled with fathah.

Wa Rabb is ismu inna

The Kaaf in Rabbaka is Mudaaf ilayh

Huwa is the Dhaameerul Munfassil Maftooh Mubtadah

From this expression I.E the ayah it seems to indicate more Tawkeed [emphasis] back to Allah our Lord. Indeed your Lord is He who shall judge between them on yaumal qiyaamah wherein they used to differ." [32:25]

This is but an example why we must understand the arabic language because we lose an abundance of benefits when we rely upon translations.

Now look at how the others have translated them. They have left out the Tawkeed or the extra emphasis:

Sahih International
Indeed, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that over which they used to differ.

Muhsin Khan
Verily, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection, concerning that wherein they used to differ.

Pickthall
Lo! thy Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that wherein they used to differ.

Yusuf Ali
Verily thy Lord will judge between them on the Day of Judgment, in the matters wherein they differ (among themselves)

Shakir
Surely your Lord will judge between them on the day of resurrection concerning that wherein they differ.
then =why the pronoun? Expalin pls
It is noteworthy to mention that Tawkeed is of types, Tawkeedul mana3wee and Tawkeedul Latfzee. Tawkeedul Mana3wee refers to establishing emphasis with the meaning of a word. As was indicated in your example with Rabbaka and Huwa because both were referring to Allah to indicate that verily only Allah will judge between those who differed and no one else. As fo Tawkeedul Laftzee then an example of that would be like your saying "Jalastu qu'oodan" I sat sitting is a simple translation but it means more than that. Jalasa is a brief sitting where as qaa'id is an extensively long sitting. Reflect on the ayah in suratul Qaf:

And indeed We have created man, and We know what his ownself whispers to him. And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge).

(Remember!) that the two receivers (recording angels) receive (each human being after he or she has attained the age of puberty), one sitting on the right and one on the left (to note his or her actions).

Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it).[ 50:16-18]

In verse 17 Allah mentions those angels who note our deeds as qa'eed [sitting] because they have been sitting with mankind from the age we become mukallif [responsible for our deeds i.e. puberty] until death overtakes us. So it is an elongated sitting whereas jalsah is a brief sitting. So there is a difference with respect to time in the sitting. Even in the sunnah it is present jalsatul istiraahah [the sitting of rest when raising from sujood until every bone in the body comes to rest before standing in the upright position].

So basically when we read the Qur'aan and we find examples like that which you mentioned previously then pay close attention as it maybe an example of tawkeed [emphasis]. Emphasis is found many places in the Quran. And that was just one example.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
12-31-2012, 05:36 PM
i think it's balagha بلاغة - sentence structure and use of words that makes the statement more eloquent. there are books on this, rules of balagha, etc. the Quran is the most eloquent Book and no other arabic work matches it. do get a book on بلاغة if you can. i was just ztarting to study it this year in College in Syria but was unable to because of the situation there. i still have the books and notes but haven't studied them much.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!