/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would you ask your spouse to do this?

Iceee
01-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Salaam to all my Muslim brothers and sisters. Hello everyone else :)

Before or after marriage to your husband/wife, would you ask them to take an STD Test? On my other thread, "Does it really matter if I marry a virgin or not?" I gave my opinion and you gave me wonderful answers Alhumdulillah. I told the mod to close thread before it got out of hand... But some of you said that THIS IS A MUST TO BE SAFE?

In Islam, The Prophet Mohammed (May Peace Be Upon Him) mentioned a few quotes stating that the wife/husband should keep their past sins and relationships a secret from their spouse so it doesn't harm the marriage. But some of you said that an STD Test should be taken by both Husband and Wife to ensure safety...

Isn't that haram as it might bring answers to that question?

My opinion; No, an STD test shouldn't be taken by husband nor the wife. It can complicate the marriage and could pose answers to this question which no husband/wife wants.

Please give your opinions. I'll be happy to read all of them and give my opinion after Zuhr namaaz.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!