PDA

View Full Version : Egypt: Ban on On-line Porn



~Zaria~
01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Porn ban unrealistic and worrying, experts say

Fri, 09/11/2012 - 22:11

On Wednesday, the general prosecutor ordered the relevant authorities to enforce a court ruling banning pornographic websites that was issued in 2009.

Many experts predict that it is unlikely the government has the technological capabilities to carry this out, but they warn that the prosecutors’ move is a dangerous step towards increasing government censorship.

The prosecutor’s move is based on a verdict issued by the administrative court in 2009 that obliges the minister of telecommunication and the head of the National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (NTRA) to ban pornographic websites on the Internet for Egyptian users.

“The problem is that the philosophy of those holding posts in the state hasn’t changed since before the revolution, they see the state as a parent and a guardian for society that can monitor and decide for the people, as if the people were minors unable to make their own decisions,” said Ramy Raouf, a human rights activist who specializes in information and communication technology.

The verdict was based on articles in the constitution saying that the state is responsible for upholding the character of the Egyptian family and to protect the traditions of society, and to encourage observation of religious, moral and national values.

The reasoning for the 2009 verdict, which is a result of a case filed against the minister of telecommunication and the head of the NTRA for not blocking pornographic sites states:

“It was proven that there are pornographic websites on the internet that secrete their poison and propagate vice within the Egyptian society which destroys all the well-founded religious beliefs and moral values in society," the verdict read.

"Refraining from blocking these sites destroys these values and can not be considered within the barriers of freedom of expression because what's shown on these sites is the boldest type of breaching of the higher interests of the state, and the social national security, that's why the administrative body had to take all necessary measures to block these sites from the Egyptian citizen.”

The new ban has raised concerns regarding similar articles in the draft constitution, which has been criticized for being too vague and allowing for the violation of freedom of expression under the pretext of protecting social values.

“The whole policy needs to be reformed, the state should provide service and not choose for the people,” said Raouf.

The Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights (EIPR) also issued a statement criticizing the law.

In order to block the websites, the NTRA would first have to distinguish the pornographic websites, and then demand Internet providers, who are forced by law to abide, to block them.

EIPR says that by issuing a verdict to ban all pornographic sites, the court ruling gives the executive bodies the authority to decide what constitutes pornographic sites, a power that only the judicial body should hold, the statement says.

“Courts shouldn’t issue a mass verdict, they should look into the details of every case on its own,” the statement said, adding that the court should issue separate verdicts for every website after viewing its content and forming an opinion on it.

The decision has also provoked a series of sarcastic comments on social media mocking the government’s priorities and criticizing it for focusing on banning porn instead of offering sustainable solutions for poverty, illiteracy and other more urgent problems.

One page on Facebook titled “the pornographic pictures forum” posts a picture of a citizen picking food from the trash with the caption: they’re banning pornographic websites and leaving us in the pornographic reality.

Freedom of information aside, experts argue that the move will be costly and ineffective.

In a television appearance following the prosecutor’s decision, the head of the NTRC Amr Badawy said that the court order is technically difficult to carry out.

Badawy said that the NTRA has already instructed internet providers to block the sites but that the process is difficult because the names of the pornographic websites change constantly. He added that the process would cost tens of millions of pounds and that other countries have tried and failed to do it.

Raouf agrees that creating a virtual pornography-free environment in Egypt would be nearly impossible.

It would require constant government monitoring of an endless number of websites, an operation needing massive human resources and a huge budget.

Even then, Raouf said, the blocking could be easily reversed in court.

“Just like there are tools for censorship, there are also tools to reverse it,” said Raouf.

Raouf also believes that the ban would be a breach of the privacy of Internet users because of the constant monitoring. He said it would also damage the prospects of e-commerce in Egypt.

Hafez Abou Saeda, head of the Egyptian Organization for Human Rights, said that if the verdict proves to be harmful to the internet services in Egypt or if the companies argue that they’re unable to execute it, there’s a chance that it will not be carried out.

In its press release, EIPR said that while sexual content online is a problem, parental rather than governmental monitoring should be exercised to confront it.

EIPR suggests that Internet providers should offer software to block pornographic sites and offer the users the option to use it or not.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news...ng-experts-say


_________________________________________________

^ Is a ban on internet porn actually implementable?

May Allah make this possible in Egypt as well as across all parts of the world.
Ya ربّ العالمين
Ameen
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Porn ban unrealistic and worrying, experts say


[/CENTER]
^ Is a ban on internet porn actually implementable?

May Allah make this possible in Egypt as well as across all parts of the world.
Ya ربّ العالمين
Ameen
It is implementable, however most internet geeks can get around the ban.

Websites can be banned at the application layer, or even better, they can be blocked at the network layer.

You can get around the block by using VPN's (Virtual Private network), or via the use of proxies.


Alhamdulilah this is good news for the youth of egypt.
Reply

GuestFellow
01-12-2013, 08:51 PM
:wa:

GO EGYPT! *JUMPS UP AND DOWN WITH POM POMS* 2,4,6,8 WHO DO WE ANNIHILATE!

Actually this is a good step. This will employ many Egyptians. Some people say porn reduces crime rate. I do agree, porn does reduce sexual offences however only temporarily. Some users get bored and want more hardcore porn, leading to child pornography. Some may want violent porn, get bored and may want to carry it out in real life. I don't think we have seen the full negative impact that porn can do.
Reply

Muezzin
01-12-2013, 08:54 PM
If everyone follows Islam properly, nobody will search for this stuff on the Internet in the first place.

Anyway, I don't know how they will enforce this ban.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
CosmicPathos
01-12-2013, 09:27 PM
if women want to be a visible force in workplace where men have to be (per Islam as they are maintainers), watching porn is inevitable, sooner or later, especially when these men's jobs have been overtaken by women, and as a result of that they cannot even marry. Women do not get to do rickshaw driving or donkey cart driving in Pakistan, men do. More men are killing theri families and committing susicide afterwards because they do not have jobs anymore which they once used to do because apparently a more qualified woman has taken his place.

There are more women family physicians working in Canada today than men. Male family physicians are more unemployed than female family physicians. Google, read the stats up.
Reply

LauraS
01-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
if women want to be a visible force in workplace where men have to be (per Islam as they are maintainers), watching porn is inevitable, sooner or later, especially when these men's jobs have been overtaken by women, and as a result of that they cannot even marry. Women do not get to do rickshaw driving or donkey cart driving in Pakistan, men do. More men are killing theri families and committing susicide afterwards because they do not have jobs anymore which they once used to do because apparently a more qualified woman has taken his place.

There are more women family physicians working in Canada today than men. Male family physicians are more unemployed than female family physicians. Google, read the stats up.
How to respond to this?^o):exhausted:heated::?:crickey::bravo:

So men watch porn because there are women in the workplace? How selfish of women to want a career when it has such strange consequences!

And women are taking the jobs of men in Pakistan which makes men kill their families?? - What has that to do with the original topic and....what do you suggest as the solution? Women not to work?
Reply

GuestFellow
01-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
if women want to be a visible force in workplace where men have to be (per Islam as they are maintainers), watching porn is inevitable, sooner or later, especially when these men's jobs have been overtaken by women, and as a result of that they cannot even marry. Women do not get to do rickshaw driving or donkey cart driving in Pakistan, men do. More men are killing theri families and committing susicide afterwards because they do not have jobs anymore which they once used to do because apparently a more qualified woman has taken his place.

There are more women family physicians working in Canada today than men. Male family physicians are more unemployed than female family physicians. Google, read the stats up.
:wa:

I don't really understand this. People watch porn because they have sexual urges.
Reply

GuestFellow
01-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by LauraS
what do you suggest as the solution?
CANDY!!!

Reply

Networks
01-13-2013, 04:36 AM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
If everyone follows Islam properly, nobody will search for this stuff on the Internet in the first place.

Anyway, I don't know how they will enforce this ban.
Short and simple!
Reply

ardianto
01-13-2013, 04:53 AM
:sl:

Egypt want to ban on-line porn ..... ????

I thought they have done it.

Okay, look the picture below. This is what would appear on your monitor if you visit porn website through Indonesian internet providers.



Not only porn, but Indonesian govt also block websites which contain:
- Gambling
- Phising/Malware
- SARA (attacking on ethnic, religion, race, community)[*]
- Proxy

But actually not every website which contains those prohibited contents can be banned. The problem is, we don't know if a website contains porn or not if we don't visit this website, and govt don't have enough personels to visit every website one by one. They just wait report from internet users.

Unfortunately, there are internets users who when they find porn site, instead of report it to govt, they enjoy it. And also there are many programs that allow the user to 'move' instantly and use other countries IP.

But at least Indonesian govt have done something to save people morality.
[*]In case of "Innocent of Muslim" movie, Indonesian govt did not ban Youtube, but 'asked' Youtube to block this movie for Indonesian internet users, and Youtube granted this request.


Will censorship toward on-line porn increase govt censorship toward people?.

Back to Indonesia again. Indonesian Govt is strict toward porn, but they allow people to protest and criticize government.

Actually, censorship toward porn will increase govt censorship or not is depend on who behind this censorship policy.
Reply

Ali_008
01-13-2013, 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
if women want to be a visible force in workplace where men have to be (per Islam as they are maintainers), watching porn is inevitable, sooner or later, especially when these men's jobs have been overtaken by women, and as a result of that they cannot even marry. Women do not get to do rickshaw driving or donkey cart driving in Pakistan, men do. More men are killing theri families and committing susicide afterwards because they do not have jobs anymore which they once used to do because apparently a more qualified woman has taken his place.

There are more women family physicians working in Canada today than men. Male family physicians are more unemployed than female family physicians. Google, read the stats up.
I don't understand the logic behind this argument, but I'd say that there are enough opportunities for both men and women. The world has a huge number of problems, and if we start working on all of them then there will be a deficit of employees rather than a surplus. Unemployment is even a part of the society not because there is lack of work, but because people are not willing to invest in the other problems due to less profitability.
Reply

ardianto
01-13-2013, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
It is implementable, however most internet geeks can get around the ban.

Websites can be banned at the application layer, or even better, they can be blocked at the network layer.

You can get around the block by using VPN's (Virtual Private network), or via the use of proxies.


Alhamdulilah this is good news for the youth of egypt.
To be honest, few times I visited IB through US or UK, but I did not log-in because I didn't want IB admins interrogate me due to my 'unusual' IP. :p

I did it because I wanted to know about advertisment that appear in front of IB visitor in UK or US. Yes, VPN and proxy can be used to break "national porn blockade", but it's depend on mentality of the user itself.
Reply

ardianto
01-13-2013, 05:27 AM
Originally Posted by LauraS
So men watch porn because there are women in the workplace?
From what I've seen in Indonesia, presence of women in office can prevent men watch porn in office.
Reply

GuestFellow
01-13-2013, 10:13 AM
^ Ah wouldn't office workers get sacked for watching porn?
Reply

ardianto
01-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by GuestFellow
^ Ah wouldn't office workers get sacked for watching porn?
Workers could get sacked if they watch porn in office.

But I think what CosmicPathos mean was, if women enter workplace, the men would lost their jobs. Then the men get frustrated and as an escape they watch porn.

:hmm:
Reply

Abz2000
01-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
If everyone follows Islam properly, nobody will search for this stuff on the Internet in the first place.
i disagree, it is a duty of those charged with authority in Islam to stem the causes of fitnah,
and graphic prostitution is illegal in Islam - actually any sort of prostitution is.
it is not enough to say - don't go to prostitutes, but we wont prevent prostitution from operating in the locality.

the youth especially are not to be expected to fully comprehend the wisdom behind this ban and not everyone's iman is bulletproof.

The Prophet (pbuh) did not just say "don't worship idols", he sent detachments to go break the idols.

And fight them on until there is no more FITNAH, and there prevail justice and faith in God;
but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

Quran 2:193
Reply

CosmicPathos
01-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Ali_008
but I'd say that there are enough opportunities for both men and women.
you are impressively ignorant of economics and limited resources management then.
Reply

CosmicPathos
01-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by GuestFellow
:wa:

I don't really understand this. People watch porn because they have sexual urges.
that is exactly what i said. men go to work of whatever **** is left for them (donkey cart driving), and they get to see women in less than decent clothes. how can you be so naive to not understand that?
Reply

Muezzin
01-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Abz2000
i disagree, it is a duty of those charged with authority in Islam to stem the causes of fitnah,
and graphic prostitution is illegal in Islam - actually any sort of prostitution is.
it is not enough to say - don't go to prostitutes, but we wont prevent prostitution from operating in the locality.
I never said that, so we are in agreement.

Also, the subject of women in the workplace has nothing to do with the original post. Please let's return to the topic.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
01-13-2013, 12:09 PM
At last, some government has the intelligence to do this...rather than blocking Youtube :-\
Reply

Muezzin
01-13-2013, 01:43 PM
22 off-topic posts deleted.

Once again, please limit discussion to the article in the original post of this thread.
Reply

~Zaria~
01-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
It is implementable, however most internet geeks can get around the ban.

Websites can be banned at the application layer, or even better, they can be blocked at the network layer.

You can get around the block by using VPN's (Virtual Private network), or via the use of proxies.


Alhamdulilah this is good news for the youth of egypt.
Im assuming that this is not easy to do.....considering that I cant really understand what you have just said :/

In other words - most of the population would insha Allah, be protected by banning such sites - and it would only be available to very skilled internet hackers, or those who are really desperate to get their hands on this type of material.

Thats a much better position to be in, than we are now - where this sort of filth is available to everyone, irrespective of age - without much effort at all.....

Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

Egypt want to ban on-line porn ..... ????

I thought they have done it.

Okay, look the picture below. This is what would appear on your monitor if you visit porn website through Indonesian internet providers.



Not only porn, but Indonesian govt also block websites which contain:
- Gambling
- Phising/Malware
- SARA (attacking on ethnic, religion, race, community)[*]
- Proxy

But actually not every website which contains those prohibited contents can be banned. The problem is, we don't know if a website contains porn or not if we don't visit this website, and govt don't have enough personels to visit every website one by one. They just wait report from internet users.

Unfortunately, there are internets users who when they find porn site, instead of report it to govt, they enjoy it. And also there are many programs that allow the user to 'move' instantly and use other countries IP.

But at least Indonesian govt have done something to save people morality.[*]In case of "Innocent of Muslim" movie, Indonesian govt did not ban Youtube, but 'asked' Youtube to block this movie for Indonesian internet users, and Youtube granted this request.


Will censorship toward on-line porn increase govt censorship toward people?.

Back to Indonesia again. Indonesian Govt is strict toward porn, but they allow people to protest and criticize government.

Actually, censorship toward porn will increase govt censorship or not is depend on who behind this censorship policy.

SubhanAllah, I had no idea that Indonesia already has such a ban in place : )
I feel like moving there now! Insha Allah.

Why cant we, in our own countries, start a petition requesting our governments to also enforce a ban on on-line pornography?

It feels as if we can see so much fitnah around us, we can see how this is affecting our kids, youth, marriages and this entire ummah at large - in a severe way - yet, we are not even making the EFFORT to at least TRY to create some sort of change.

It wont be an easy task, and I imagine needing to join forces with as many groups as possible - from the health-sector, ALL religious denominations, educators, psychologists, rape victims, concerned parents, etc - to really lay the pressure on.

And with trust in Allah to guide every endeavour done for this ummah, and for His pleasure - insha Allah, anything can be possible!

ONLY if we TRY!


This topic is very close to my heart.....and for those who know me long enough, will know that Ive been thinking of this for some time now......

What does everyone think?

Implementable in other parts of the world as well?
What are our barriers? .......Apart from our 'freedom of speech and freedom to engage in every other possible haraam' -fighters out there?
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
01-13-2013, 02:34 PM
it would be enough of a deterrent to protect the next generation, if only the world did this
Reply

ardianto
01-13-2013, 04:43 PM
There are two kinds of porn websites. Commercial, which the visitor should pay to see their special contents, and non-commercial or amateur which do not ask payment.

Commercial porn sites are easily to be blocked because they are easily to be found. But non-commercial usually can avoid this 'blockade' because their domain names and content tags are not suspicious. People do not know that these websites are porn websites if they do not visit and see its contents. But people visit these websites through 'invitation' that spread as spam or link in other websites.

Actually, there are many non-commercial porn sites that have been blocked in Indonesia, but the websites owners can easily build new websites. They do not even need to pay because they use Blogspot. Yes, different than Wordpress that has strict rule toward porn contents, Blogspot allow porn contents.

So, should we make petition to blogger.com to ban porn contents?.
Reply

Muhaba
01-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Porn and other stupid stuff is banned in lots of places, including some Gulf countries. Yes, some people can get around the banning but not most, so it's a good thing.

Women shouldn't be blamed for men not getting jobs, not getting good enough jobs, not being qualified enough, etc. It may not be that men watch porn because they aren't getting jobs but it is more likely that men are unemployed or not qualified enough because they watch porn. Men guys who watch porn (or waste time in ther useless stuff like sports and TV) don't have enough time or energy to study, to search for jobs, etc. So it's every bit possible that banning porn (and other useless stuff) will actaully increase a man's efficiency than lower it.

I do agree that women shouldn't take mens jobs. There are jobs that should be reserved for women while others for men. i believe it's better for family physicians to be women as mothers will be taking their kids to them and will be more comfortible with a female physician than a male, imo. Also, jobs of gynae/obs, teaching in women's institutions, etc. etc can be given to women. If women mostly focused on caring for their children while also working part-time and giving some time to community service, everyone would be better off.
Reply

جوري
01-13-2013, 05:32 PM
I just found out yesterday that in AL Azhar they've always had a men's and women's separate medical schools with careers in medicine only for men or only for women with a few exceptions (this doesn't include the training during medical school itself rather specialization) and I thought it is exclusive to urology and Ob/gyne being completely designated to one party or the other but as it turns out Orthopedic surgery is exclusive for men (you can always apply as a woman and have to be exceptional) but how do folks feel about that? I think some things should be based on merit not gender .. but perhaps not many folks would want to go to a woman orthopedist no matter how good she is?

:w:
Reply

Muhaba
01-13-2013, 06:01 PM
^I think it may be that it is not easy to be an orthpaedic surgeon. Women aren't strong enough to wrestle with bones, there aren't many women in this field. I heard of just one woman and she's Sudani and those women are really strong, so it's not surprising that a sudani woman would become orthopaedic surgeon. General surgery and other stuff, like denstistry should be allowed for both genders because we do need women in those fields. I find it hard to believe any muslim man would want to go into ob/gynae, but there were lots of male obstetrician/gynaecologists in Syria.

I can see that this is off topic and might get deleted. might be beter to split the thread instead. this is an important topic too.
Reply

Cabdullahi
01-13-2013, 06:44 PM
In the UAE, porn is blocked. It's a good place to stay because there isn't much fitna, only in shopping malls and the beach..however some European women are pushing it..thinking they can walk around with dental floss for briefs around neighborhoods.
Reply

crimsontide06
01-13-2013, 07:06 PM
because you cannot go to youtube and look up stuff??..... NOT that I do, I don't. I just know how silly this ban is. Might as well ban the whole internet....or maybe raise your kids right and they won't be lusting for porn.
Reply

~Zaria~
01-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by WRITER
Porn and other stupid stuff is banned in lots of places, including some Gulf countries.

I wish it was as simple to implement, in other parts of the world.

Back in 2010, the South African minister of Home Affairs tried to enforce a ban on internet porn.

Only to be met with alot of resistance, before it could even take off: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10180937

These are some of the comments found on a local forum around this time:

I feel that it just going to far in this country.Everything is forbidden.How about implementing a 18 year age restriction for the 19h00 news.Our kids learn how to toe-toe, stike, not to work. Yes it's ok to kill, because for a R1000 bail, or a bribe everyone feels fine.Now they are worried about PORN! This is just a distraction of our real problems.
OH, SA Government get a life!

*****************************


Stupid goverment

*****************************


I'm sorry, but even suggesting things like this shouldn't be tolerated. Get this baboon out of government. We are not living in a country where censorship will be tolerated. This is serious, in my opinion, and people need to know that it is serious business. You simply cannot even suggest things like this.


*****************************


I can't believe that this could happen in this day and age, we are lead by a bunch of morons seriously. To even consider it....


*****************************


While I understand that some people don't want their kids exposed to explicit material we as a evolved race must come to understand that we have deemed explicit material immoral i.e is it actually a bad thing when people do it on cam? no its not, its just a taboo subject. I'll give an example, about a hundred years ago people could not use the word "breast" even though you may refer to a "chicken breast" it was a immoral thing to say, because it had such a taboo.

Now to some people explicit material seems immoral but to others it seems natural, in the end it should be up to the individual as to what they are exposed to.

If a minor stumbles onto a explicit site, so what... one day they will be doing exactly whats on there. Now I'm NOT saying we must hand this out to children, no, no, no, no! What I'm saying is as a parent, if you want to keep your child away from this stuff then take the initiative and block key words on your router, install an antivirus with a parental filter.

The government cannot ban this, I do not believe in religion, therefore I would like my children (when or if I have any) to be free from exposure to religion, but its not my choice, no matter how much I may be against it... All I could so would be to lecture them about why I disagree with it and perhaps block access to religious channels on TV until they have the capacity to decide for themselves.

There are still people and there will always be people that want access to this material, be considerate towards them and understand that you do not have a right to ban anything on the internet in such a manner.

They should rather pass a law that makes all ISPs have a no explicit material option on their services.

Are we still a democracy?

*****************************
I'll just start making my own if they ban it.


*****************************

I wish they'd be so enthusiastic to clamp down on religion.

*****************************

In SA we have alot of rapes,murders,armed robberies,house breaking ect in a 24hour day, and this is how some a-hole wants to spend MY TAX money??????? (paying what we do in Sa, we should have freedom of download, but I am against any kiddie porn).

I am insulted by the mere though of someone wanting to stop adults watching adults willingly have sexual encounters with other adults!

A petition needs to be started to stop this from happening and to get this idiot out if government! We need people who are looking out for human right and improvements to SA citizens QUALITY of life by providing jobs,cheap internet,the HUMAN FREEDOM to download what you want unlike China ect..

Some one know of a place to start an online petition??

*****************************

I hope this moron is aware of the possible negative effects of an outright porn ban.

Rape will increase, this had been determined by many sexologists.
Freedom is being challenged and if corner a rabid gerbil it will bite you!
I'll see you outside parliament if this goes ahead!
*Chants obsentities whilst kicking over garbage cans etc.


http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...-South-Africa?


^ With this mindset, how is it possible to even try to bring such a bill into action in a non-muslim country?

Our society is just unbelievable! : (

Are we fighting a losing battle? ;'(
Reply

Cabdullahi
01-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
I wish it was as simple to implement, in other parts of the world.

Back in 2010, the South African minister of Home Affairs tried to enforce a ban on internet porn.

Only to be met with alot of resistance, before it could even take off: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10180937

These are some of the comments found on a local forum around this time:





^ With this mindset, how is it possible to even try to bring such a bill into action in a non-muslim country?

Our society is just unbelievable! : (

Are we fighting a losing battle? ;'(
Time to emigrate...don't wait around. You have a job..you've got the necessary work experience..move!
Reply

~Zaria~
01-13-2013, 08:32 PM
^ JazakAllah khair akhee.

May Allah (subhanawataa'la) make a way out for me one day....
Ameen
Reply

ardianto
01-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by crimsontide06
because you cannot go to youtube and look up stuff??.....
I watch videos from Youtube almost everyday. It's not blocked in Indonesia although not every video can be watched by Indonesian people. "Innocent of Muslims" is blocked due to complain from Indonesian govt, some music videos are blocked too due to complain from the copyright holders.

Actually Youtube does not allow porn, although still allow naked pictures.

NOT that I do, I don't. I just know how silly this ban is. Might as well ban the whole internet....
Ban porn in internet is not silly, but a right thing.

Talk about sex to youth is not taboo in Indonesia. Sexual education is taught to the youth in my place, in correct manner of course. But it doesn't mean we can allow porn.

Porn is different. It teaches the incorrect sex that based on fantasy to the people and gives destructive effect. There were boys who raped girls after they watched porn, there were girls who became 'naughty' and make love with anyone because of porn, there were husbands who became 'weird' after they watched porn.

or maybe raise your kids right and they won't be lusting for porn.
When the kids reach puberty age they will start have interest to know about sex. It's the parents and teachers duty to educate them about sex in correct way to prevent them get incorrect knowledge about sex like they get from porn movies.
Reply

جوري
01-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
Time to emigrate...don't wait around. You have a job..you've got the necessary work experience..move!
Where do you suggest? All the countries of Muslims are now daar Al-7arb.
I have been trying since 2008 to emigrate to a Muslim country.. do you want to know what happens when I apply in KSA or UAE or Qatar, the first two plainly refer me to their American offices, Qatar is very difficult to emigrate to as well. Any Muslim majority country not governed by (Shari3a and there are four principals to it) Al kitaab, As'sunnah, jama3 as'sa7aba wa bab al'ijtihaad, a country that prefers to bring foreign forces to kill its own citizens is as good as any kaffir country. They pillage & murder galore everyday they give themselves the rights to slaughter freedom fighters or random shmoes on the streets and call them collateral damage or terrorist cells, they love their laws so much they often cite them when they kill, so why are we so apologetic for ours? People like Dr. Mursi take one step forward and ten back he's already signed up for something 7aram so even if he enters this matrix to try to fix it from the inside he won't be able to.. do you know why because they covered all the angles well. If it hasn't worked since 1923 it won't work no matter how much you try on the offense .. it isn't a game you should be playing at all. Get out of the game they assigned you and decide which rules and which game to play on your own turf!
It is like when you sign up for a credit card with interest rates and an automatic savings account. It doesn't matter if you want to work to lower or erase your interest and close the savings in a vicious cycle. You've already signed on the dotted line to do something inherently wrong!
There are some amazing Muslims in South Africa, like there in India and Mali and Egypt etc. they call them what they've called the prophets & righteous before, they called them backwards and crazy and bloodthirsty and fundamentalists etc. etc. then they dump them in prison if they torture them, kill em and then call it suicide.. really think about it... I see two groups of people and no third to them!

:w:
Reply

Abz2000
01-14-2013, 06:06 AM
Allowing kuffar governments to control the Internet is scary,
They themselves promote sexual deviance and this can be seen by what was allowed on tv and newspapers two decades ago vs now.
The only thing they would do efficiently is ensure access to critical information on global events is restricted while they use the mass media to deceive people,

Saudi Arabia is a case in point, it blocks sites with porn or content which indicates pornography, but at the same time it blocks sites with alternative news and information crucial to those wanting to know what is really happening on the field,
More than a few of the mujahideen sites were blocked and instead had a number to call if you believed it should. R made available,
Lol - call the number and it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to realise that the person would be enrolled on a "potential threat" database.

Sad situation, when one looks at it objectively, they see it's a mess,
The real problem are the root causes, and that is the existence kufr itself.
Reply

Muhaba
01-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
In the UAE, porn is blocked. It's a good place to stay because there isn't much fitna, only in shopping malls and the beach..however some European women are pushing it..thinking they can walk around with dental floss for briefs around neighborhoods.
Actually there's more fitna in UAE than one can imagine. Women on the street are nearly naked, some weariing miniskirts or just a blouse for a skirt while others have their tops half open, long necklines, sleeveless tops, etc etc. not to mention men and women walking hand in hand or with their arms around each other. I was there a couple months ago and that was the scene everywhere in Dubai, on the street, in malls, in the metro. The place is awful. Recently i read on Gufnews that the zoo has asked women to wear long skirts but don't know if they implement that rule and whether they will only implement it in the zoo or in all public places too. The place makes money through tourism and lots of european and russians visit it, bringing with them their immodest dresscode. I don't think UAE will implement any law that might discourage tourists.
Reply

Muhaba
01-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
Where do you suggest? All the countries of Muslims are now daar Al-7arb.
I have been trying since 2008 to emigrate to a Muslim country.. do you want to know what happens when I apply in KSA or UAE or Qatar, the first two plainly refer me to their American offices, Qatar is very difficult to emigrate to as well.
:w:
You make a mistake applying to embassies of these countries. Their visa system is not like the visa system of USA (or other countries). These countries' embassies don't give visas. To get residence/employment visa, you need to get a job and the company that hires you will directly provide the visa, obtaining the visa from the immigration ministry within the country. Companies can get work and visit visas and provide it to individuals. People don't get visas from consulates or embassies. citizens of some countries (such as european countries, usa, etc) can get a visit visa on the airport while citizens of other countries (such as India and Phillipines) must get a visit visa through someone's sponsorship or they buy them from hotels, travel agencies, and private companies.

To get a job in any of these countries (Oman, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia) one can apply to jobs advertised by job agencies, classified ads, or apply directly to companies, organizations, schools, colleges, hospitals, etc (through their website for example). Once the company has hired you, they will apply for your visa by submitting passport copy, photograph, and document photocopies. If approved, a paper visa is issued by the ministry. After that, you can enter the country with that visa. When you enter the country, you show the visa and it is stamped in your passport. Afterward, you have to do other stuff, like getting a health card, etc. If you're already in the country (on visit) when your visa is issued, you need to exit the country ad re-enter on th new visa. Visa periods are normally three years but may be less. Some job agencies to try are: jobs-me.com and Nadias.
Reply

Cabdullahi
01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by WRITER
Actually there's more fitna in UAE than one can imagine. Women on the street are nearly naked, some weariing miniskirts or just a blouse for a skirt while others have their tops half open, long necklines, sleeveless tops, etc etc. not to mention men and women walking hand in hand or with their arms around each other. I was there a couple months ago and that was the scene everywhere in Dubai, on the street, in malls, in the metro. The place is awful. Recently i read on Gufnews that the zoo has asked women to wear long skirts but don't know if they implement that rule and whether they will only implement it in the zoo or in all public places too. The place makes money through tourism and lots of european and russians visit it, bringing with them their immodest dresscode. I don't think UAE will implement any law that might discourage tourists.
I don't know much about dubai but abu dhabi is a little bit better, it is certainly better than London in terms of fitnah. anywhere is better than London so long as the disoriented ladies there dont say ''excuse us lad's..have you guys got a car..maybe you can drop us off'.

I don't think a lot of people know what porn is, porn 30 years ago was a lady with bikini strolling down the beach, porn now is something completely different, because of the Coolidge effect. The chasing of bigger, explosive highs has resulted in the production of shocking material where, more often than not, the woman is being thrown about, strangled, punched, spat on and sometimes mutilated, but of course it's not wrong - nothing is wrong with it - as long as both parties consent to doing that sort of thing - that's what they say.

15 year old comes along and watches these videos, will he/she have a normal view on sex/marriage/relationships or a skewed view?
Reply

جوري
01-14-2013, 11:43 AM
To sr. Writer - I've no recollection of stating I applied through embassies - in fact I apply directly to their hospitals and their hospitals don't belong to them at all they're mostly a joint venture with the west.
You apply to Saudi you'll find yourself speaking to someone from the Ohio clinic, Qatar's Hamad is Weil cornel etc.
and they're often confused why you'd want to relocate there when you live in the west and have the original institution here. Saudi Arabia is the most difficult of all at least Qatar has an application to fill out and they're free to ignore you later.
I have been pursuing this long enough to know you've to have someone on the inside to see that path to fruition!

:w:
Reply

Ali_008
01-14-2013, 01:08 PM
^^ Get married to an Arab, sister. Not only will you be able to relocate, you'll even become an Arab citizen. Being someone who desires Arab citizenship, I can tell you its priceless. ;D
Reply

جوري
01-14-2013, 01:23 PM
:haha: about getting married - but you're right in that it was the main problem with KSA especially - my mom's friend son had no trouble whatsoever - he was married and a male.
It's strange to me how women work five times harder and get no recognition. Almost like they're not human beings with responsibilities and needs and equal investment in the time they spent on their education etc.

All we can say of the injustice east or west is حسبنا الله و نعم الوكيل
Reply

GodIsAll
01-14-2013, 05:12 PM
I like it when people choose not to watch porn because of their religious commitments, their connectedness to God or because of their fundamental morality.

I don't like it when the government makes this decision for them.
Reply

جوري
01-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Govt. can't be toting human rights while subjugating women for the pleasures of men. In fact it should be their duty to not only put a ban but to make it illegal all together and find out the parties involved, try to help the woman and punish the men involved!

best,
Reply

GuestFellow
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I like it when people choose not to watch porn because of their religious commitments, their connectedness to God or because of their fundamental morality.

I don't like it when the government makes this decision for them.
This sounds like the most practicable solutions. Could do with some regulation but you cannot completely eliminate porn.
Reply

~Zaria~
01-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Greetings,

Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I like it when people choose not to watch porn because of their religious commitments, their connectedness to God or because of their fundamental morality.

I don't like it when the government makes this decision for them.
Unfortunately, the majority of our society watches porn - despite of their religious commitments.

The minority that are able to fight this disease are those who ernestly striving to be conscious of their Creator at all times - for it is only this consciousness that will prevent one from engaging in a sin, whose only witness to it is Allah (subhanawataála) himself.

As muslims, it is our obligation to forbid all that is evil (even if we are not participating in it ourselves):

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Tauba 9:71

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil, they observe regular prayers, practise regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.

On the authority of Abu Sa`id (radhiallahu `anhu) that the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said,
"Whoever sees something evil should change it with his hand. If he cannot, then with his tongue; and if he cannot do even that, then in his heart. That is the weakest degree of faith."
(Sahih Muslim)

Hadith - Ahmed, graded authentic by Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami' (1/398)
The Prophet (saaws) said: If the people see an evil and they do not change it, soon Allah will inflict them all with His Punishment.



'Umar ibn `Abdul `Aziz said,
"It used to be that Allah the Most High does not punish the common people for the sins of the elite; but when the evil is done openly, and they do not repudiate it, they all become deserving of His punishment."


So, how do we sit back and continue to ignore this evil that is so rampant in almost every home?

Are we going to continue to turn a blind eye when CHILDREN are sharing this type of content amongst each other via their mobile phones?
When children are gang-raping other innocent girls on school grounds - whilst the others record it in amusement on their phones?

At which point do we say, 'Enough already' ?


As long as society continues to view this as a 'personal choice' - whilst ignoring its far-expansive consequences: on the long-term psychological influence on the minds of the young and all those exposed, the destruction of marriages, its influence on rape and incest, the degradation of women......we will continue to fight a losing battle.


Regards
Reply

جوري
01-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
the majority of our society watches porn
I sincerely hope it is a sick deviant minority that watches porn rather than the majority of them..

:w:
Reply

~Zaria~
01-14-2013, 06:28 PM
^ It is heart-breaking, but Im inclined to feel that this problem is more wide-spread than we think.

It is freely available in most parts of the world.....a silent endemic that occurs behind closed doors.

While there is so much goodness that has occurred with the advent of the internet......what a curse it has openly unleashed onto society : (
Reply

جوري
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
in a way the net and media is the dajjal of our time and there will certainly be more than 70 Dajjal. I believe I read that in a hadith somewhere though I can't cite it at the moment..
Reply

Qurratul Ayn
01-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
While there is so much goodness that has occurred with the advent of the internet......what a curse it has openly unleashed onto society : (
Unfortunately so.

But if countries start making precautions like Egypt, Indonesia are doing then they may be hope for many, but I sincerely doubt the western world would start putting severe precautions in place

Brother Abz2000's post says it all really

Originally Posted by Abz2000
Allowing kuffar governments to control the Internet is scary,
They themselves promote sexual deviance and this can be seen by what was allowed on tv and newspapers two decades ago vs now.
The only thing they would do efficiently is ensure access to critical information on global events is restricted while they use the mass media to deceive people,
Reply

Cabdullahi
01-14-2013, 07:44 PM
A good website regarding this issue


Reply

ardianto
01-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I like it when people choose not to watch porn because of their religious commitments, their connectedness to God or because of their fundamental morality.

I don't like it when the government makes this decision for them.
Which government?. If you are talking about Indonesian govt, you're wrong.

Indonesian govt did not make decision for the people to determine which sites the people may visit, which sites the people may not visit. People have freedom to visit any site in internet without restriction from govt.

Watching porn is not prohibited under Indonesian law. There's no rule that can be used to arrest someone who watch porn. But, there is rule that prohibit people produce, distribute, or keep porn stuff. Those who violate this rule can be arrested.



The purpose of "Telkom page" above is not for prohibit Indonesian people visit porn sites, but for prevent porn appear in computer monitors in Indonesia because porn is against Indonesian law. There's no prohibition for Indonesian people to visit porn sites and enjoy the "Telkom page" above.

:p
Reply

Ali_008
01-15-2013, 07:46 AM
I will commend the Egyptian government for taking this step. Doing something bad is one's own choice, but when you have a government that creates scenarios where sinning is difficult is amazing. Like brother Ardianto mentioned above, watching porn is not prohibited in any country, because even the staunchest sharia run countries can't implement that let alone the so called secular democratic nations. Everybody has the right to do what they want to do. If sharia was against freedom then there would be no place for non-Muslims in an Islamic country. During the time of the Prophet :saws:, many Jews and Christians coexisted with the sahaba. They were only subjected to paying jizya which wasn't any particularly targeted punishment either, because non-Muslims would pay jizya, and Muslims would pay zakaat.

We choose leaders to create a safe and secure environment for us and our families, and an environment where production, distribution, and trade of porn is allowed is not an ideal environment. Like I've said above, if you want to watch porn, watch it, it's your choice, and nobody can question you for it except Allah, but don't spread that filth onto others let alone support that industry with licensing and stuff.

I expect a lot from Egypt now, but I think that the world is so badly messed up that I think it is going to take even the Egyptian government a long time to form the ideal sharia constitution, and also its successful implementation. I pray that the Muslim ummah unites, and not break the jaw of anybody, but win back the honor of our beloved Rasoolullah :saws: by showing the world how practical and effective his principles really are.
Reply

Muhaba
01-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
To sr. Writer - I've no recollection of stating I applied through embassies - in fact I apply directly to their hospitals and their hospitals don't belong to them at all they're mostly a joint venture with the west.
You apply to Saudi you'll find yourself speaking to someone from the Ohio clinic, Qatar's Hamad is Weil cornel etc.
and they're often confused why you'd want to relocate there when you live in the west and have the original institution here. Saudi Arabia is the most difficult of all at least Qatar has an application to fill out and they're free to ignore you later.
I have been pursuing this long enough to know you've to have someone on the inside to see that path to fruition!

:w:
You wrote that you wanted to migrate, so I assumed you had gone to embassies to get a visa. I don't remember you writing that you had been applying for a job. Actually there is no way to migrate to middle-eastern countries. They don't have naturalization or immigration procedure (although some people have gotten permanent residence visas, possibly through some high-level authority/person from the ruling family). The only way to go to middle-eastern countries is to get a job and work visa. Other Muslim countries, such as Malaysia, do have naturalization and long-term residence visa system called "Malaysia-my second home" or something that Muslims who want to live in a Muslim country can check out.
Reply

Muhaba
01-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Islamically, it is not only the governemnt's obligation to ban porn but also the propagation of inciting sexual material on TV, magazines, advertisements, billboards, books, etc etc. according to verse 19 of Surah Al-Nur: Indeed, those who like that immorality should be spread [or publicized] among those who have believed will have a painful punishment in this world and the Hereafter. And Allah knows and you do not know.

The commentary of this verse states:
(24:19) As for those, who like that indecency should spread among the Believers, they deserve a painful punishment in this world and in the Hereafter, *16 for Allah knows and you do not know (its consequences). *17
*16 The direct interpretation of the verse, in the context in which it occurs, is this: "Those who cast aspersions, propagate evil, publicise it and bring Islamic morality into disrepute, deserve punishment." The words in the Text, however, comprehend all the various forms that can be employed for the propagation of evil. These include actual setting up of brothels, production of erotic stories, songs, paintings, plays and dramas as well as all kinds of mixed gatherings at clubs and hotels, which induce the people to immoralities. The Qur'an holds all those who resort to such things as criminals, who deserve punishment not only in the Hereafter but in this world as well. Accordingly it is the duty of an Islamic government to put an end to all such means of propagating immorality. Its penal law must hold all those acts as cognizable offences which the Qur'an mentions as crimes against public morality and declares the offenders punishable.
*17
"You do not know...": "You do not visualise the full impact of individual acts on society as a whole: Allah knows best the number of people who are affected by these acts and their cumulative effect on the collective life of the community. You should accordingly trust in Him and do all you can to eradicate and suppress the evils pointed out by Him.These are not trivial matters to be treated lightly; these have very serious repercussions and the offenders must be dealt with severely."
Reply

Cabdullahi
01-15-2013, 06:23 PM
dad-going-bad-websites

married lady watching porn

-i-committed-type-zina

addicted to masturbation

porn watched in ramadan

-brothers-only-urgend-my-fast-valid

Shameless

brother watching porn

I've looked at these women and seen their beauty and their image has been ingrained in my head now

fight-against-porn

The past year or so....from the advice section
Reply

Junon
01-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Salaam

Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
I sincerely hope it is a sick deviant minority that watches porn rather than the majority of them..

:w:
Glad were having a sensible discussion about this. We cant bury our heads in the sand.

Like sister said it is regrettably a lot more prevalent now. I'm not much for banning, but I think this is a good move. We have to do all we can to protect the family system. Don't want to end up like the UK, where less than 50% get married and where single parenthood is considered normal (30%+). Safe to say that certain sections of the populations have pretty casual (or to put it bluntly decadent) attitudes when it comes to family and relationships.

(Just to add there are a myriad of reasons for the breakdown of the family system, its not solely due to pornorgraphy).

Finally, even though liberals tend to have very casual attitudes towards this material some of them are becoming concerned about the impact of pornography on society, particularly on children. This article should be of interest, a little too anecdotal but worth a read.

Teachers reveal the damage hardcore porn inflicts on pupils in a TES survey

Three-quarters of teachers believe that easy access to hardcore porn through smartphones, the internet and other media is having a damaging effect on their pupils, a TES survey has found. Responding to the poll, teachers described pupils who “couldn’t get to sleep without watching porn”, girls as young as 11 dressing like “inflatable plastic dolls” and boys who developed “almost pathological” attitudes to sex. They also confirmed reports that children were feeling pressured to perform sex acts, using derogatory sexual language towards each other and developing warped views of sex and relationships.

The survey, which found that two-thirds of teachers felt that sex education was failing to keep up with recent advances in technology, was carried out as heads’ union the NAHT called for lessons about the impact of pornography to be taught to children as young as 10.

The survey and the NAHT comments come in the aftermath of a TES feature on 5 October about the impact of porn on young people that triggered widespread debate. A number of the 555 respondents to the TES research claimed that parents were “naive” about the amount of hardcore porn their children could access. Teachers also complained that viewing porn led their pupils to become increasingly obsessed with body image and plastic surgery, with more than half saying they knew a pupil who wanted surgery to improve their looks.

They reported girls obsessed with make-up and tanning “to the detriment of study” and boys downing protein shakes in pursuit of the perfect body. But teachers said the problem went beyond hardcore images: the hit erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey and TV series such as The Only Way is Essex were also blamed for the increased sexualisation of the under-16s. One teacher commented: “Children from as young as Year 7 are becoming over-sexualised. They feel under lots of pressure to perform sexual acts.”

Another teacher added: “Very overly sexualised language is becoming the norm when speaking to each other, and more so about each other.” Others claimed watching porn had resulted in “awful” behaviour of boys towards young women. Another complained of “constant inappropriate chat, and shocking knowledge of strange sexual practices from younger pupils”.

Kenny Frederick, headteacher of George Green’s School in East London, said easy access to porn was a problem, even with strict controls on school computers. “Our pupils have to hand in their phones at the beginning of the day so they are not viewing it in school, but you can’t control what they do outside school,” she said. She said “sexting” - where pupils send photos of their body parts on their phones - was a particular issue of concern.

Lisa Handy, coordinator of the Sex Education Forum, said that young people were accessing porn to get “answers to their questions”. “If pupils don’t have access to good-quality sex education, they go to other sources to get answers to their questions,” she said. “If they access things that aren’t designed to educate it won’t give them realistic information about what a healthy relationship looks like.”

Nick Boddington, subject adviser at the PSHE Association, added that measures to block access to porn were “only part of the solution”.

He said: “The sophistication of technology and young people’s use of it makes such measures a significant challenge to implement. “Therefore, it’s important that pupils explore such issues and questions that relate to their safety and well-being gradually and age- appropriately.”

The survey results were published as an explicit NHS sex education website for teenagers was accused by family values campaigners of encouraging “an unhealthy obsession” with physical acts. Campaigners are calling for PSHE, which includes sex and relationships education, to be made compulsory in England. Parents have the right to withdraw their children from any sex education lessons offered by schools.

Let ours be the voices that guide them

Alex McGrath, headteacher of Leighton Park School in Reading

These results demonstrate teachers’ overwhelming concern about the damaging impact of pornography on our children owing to its immediacy, accessibility and graphic nature.

This screen-based generation, their teachers and parents need to be aware of the power of the devices in their hands. This is not simply about modernising our PSHE curriculum: it requires a whole-school approach to the burgeoning issue of the easy accessibility of porn to children, together with honesty and integrity in addressing the issue with young people themselves.

In 2003, teacher Jane Longhurst was murdered by a man with an obsessive interest in violent pornography, and her mother successfully campaigned for laws to regulate such material. However, in 2012, these laws have become outdated and will not protect our children from becoming victims or perpetrators. But the willingness of schools to educate passionately on this issue just might. Our schools have a responsibility to the wider community and to produce young people who develop a moral compass during their time with us. It is not about telling children what to believe - they will suit themselves. However, when they do take choices throughout their lives at school and beyond, our consistent and clearly articulated values should guide them.

Schools’ whole-hearted engagement with such values, living them in our everyday work, will go a long way towards responding appropriately to what is a very real problem.

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6297630
Reply

~Zaria~
01-19-2013, 10:55 AM
^ JazakAllahu khair for sharing an important article.

For myself, and as the article illustrates, I am more concerned on the influence that this media is having on our youth.
It feels like we are 'breeding' a society that is that is being fed on such poison.

The strength of a society rests on its youth.
And at present, the psychology of our youth is being 'hard-wired' from so young, into creating over-sexualised beings with unhealthy (and dangerous) views on intimacy and marriage.

For those who do not consider a ban on porn, a moral obligation (irrespective of ones religious beliefs), I wonder what other means they propose to curb this growing addiction?
Reply

Junon
01-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Salaam

Given the current liberal orientation of the political establishment (UK) (I'm afraid) its unlikely that there going to do very much about it. There has been suggestions about a blanket ban on online pornography with the exception of those who want to indulge in it, having to fill out a form form and sending it to their ISPs. The liberals really didn't like that suggestion, I wonder why. . . . .

I think before we start looking at solutions, we have to understand how we got to this place.

This is interesting



If you want an interesting book talking about the immense cultural changes that have happens since the 1960s, try this



Of course there's plenty to disagree with, but its a very interesting book and serves as a warning about what could happen to our community if were not careful.
Reply

tearose
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Of course I don't share Peter Hitchens' perspective, but that video and the article about schools really show how British society has changed in a short time. When I was a child, adults used to tell us 'You shouldn't have sex before marriage, you shouldn't smoke or get drunk' and they told us about the risks. Now those children have grown up, they do all those things and the adults who warned them don't bat an eyelid, and many do the same things themselves. Children who were taught about moral responsibility have embraced a hedonistic lifestyle and don't want to hear about anything that would limit their freedom. Al7amdulilah Islam gives us a way out of the mess. But I do sometimes worry about the younger generation in this society.
Reply

Persian
01-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Well, I guess we'll see much more Egypt-born children in the following years.
Reply

introspective
02-05-2013, 03:42 AM
There would be quite a contention in the U.S. if the freedom of speech were to be amended. There are many webs of affiliates/corporate entities/organizations that are entrenched in the adult media industry. Sadly, a disillusioned 'progressive' will say that the industry provides jobs for a number of people. For instance, an aspiring young man and/or woman may briefly star in a porno flick/photo shoot for quick money once in their lifetime. Well there's a catch-22. Hypothetically, what if their future children stumble upon such degrading content?
Reply

Urban Turban
02-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
It is implementable, however most internet geeks can get around the ban.

Websites can be banned at the application layer, or even better, they can be blocked at the network layer.

You can get around the block by using VPN's (Virtual Private network), or via the use of proxies.


Alhamdulilah this is good news for the youth of egypt.
Brother, assume this conversation happens in your home with your kids and nephews etc would you talk about using proxies and stuff to get around the ban?? Yes there are ways but lets keep mum about it, there's absolutely no need to talk like the elders and scholars say and advise over and over again:

"Don't even talk of the evil that's hidden"

Because man by nature is curious, and if in this case lets assume Egypt is successful in implementing it, and there comes a report in the newspaper which lists steps to get around the ban, tell me is that right? Wouldn't somebody only be curious to find out what they are?

No offense bro, I'm sure you get the point.

My nieces and nephews don't know about proxies, and if I keep them ignorant regarding this, Its good for them.

I believe there's an Hadith, the gist of which is:

"Be an agent of good, and do not be an agent of evil, see to it that you never become a source of anything that's evil, or which may lead oneself or others to evil"


and Allah knows best.
May Allah forgive me for the errors.

:wa:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!