/* */

PDA

View Full Version : computer turning on by itself

جوري
01-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Yesterday every time I'd shut down the computer, it wouldn't be another 15 minutes later before it turned itself on again. It is very strange.. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I was doing some research and there was something about bios and whatnot.. I have no idea what all of that means.. does anyone have a clue? and how do I stop this from happening again?

:jz:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
01-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Hmmm... Interesting...

Well, whilst I'm watching television, the power button on the Sky box goes off by itself and this occurs (albeit infrequently) when I'm watching Islam Channel or Peace TV or the programmes like BBC News, ITV News and Channel 4 News. Hmmm...

Anyways, have you checked your settings on the computer? You may have altered them somehow so your computer is programmed to start again after a certain time limit, has this happend today so far? I know it's the afternoon in New York

جوري
01-15-2013, 09:40 PM
I don't want to draw the natural conclusion which is that we're being spied on.. but yeah I haven't changed anything in the setting.. was just an out of the blues thing last night.

~Zaria~
01-15-2013, 09:53 PM
My laptop makes strange clicking sounds.....

Sometimes I also think Im being spied on.....
Or maybe Im just being a little paranoid : /

Would you guys defend me if someone comes to take me away? :P

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
01-15-2013, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Or maybe Im just being a little paranoid : /

ba51th
01-15-2013, 09:57 PM
:sl: sis...

problem on power supply maybe? (not an expert about computer)

Qurratul Ayn
01-15-2013, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Would you guys defend me if someone comes to take me away? :P
And girls :D

Of course, my sister!!! I'll have my sabre ready, don't you worry :D

format_quote Originally Posted by ba51th
problem on power supply maybe?
I was just about to suggest that, may be some electrical works were going on around the area??? Did this occur with anyone else in the family? Or any other gadgets ie television etc

جوري
01-15-2013, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
sabre ready
Sabre ey.. interesting choice.. I'll come as the archer that I am.. of course we're ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL..

Allah Akbar. :shade:

جوري
01-15-2013, 10:07 PM
I am waiting for Br. ABZ's input :ia: if he has time for us.. he seems to be the computer genius -- it was just so strange & completely an isolated incident ..

crimsontide06
01-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Your computer is being used by ghosts of course, you should run and hide. ;D

jk :lol:

جوري
01-15-2013, 10:38 PM
ghosts have never frightened me!

MustafaMc
01-16-2013, 05:15 AM
Lazarus virus

Iceee
01-16-2013, 05:44 AM
Salaam.

If it is in hibernation or standby, and you have something scheduled to run at midnight every night, the computer will "wake up" and run the scheduled task.

There are 2 proper ways to stop this from occurring.

1st:
When you are finished with your computer, click on Start, Turn off computer, Turn Off. This will shut down the computer completely.

2nd:

Check Scheduled Tasks in the Control Panel

Click on Start, Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks.

Remove or change the time of any task that would start the computer in that time period.

My comp turned off by itself a couple of days ago while I was reading a thread on this site...
Maybe it was over-heated so yeah...^o)^o)^o)

unknown12
01-16-2013, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
Sabre ey.. interesting choice.. I'll come as the archer that I am.. of course we're ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL..

Allah Akbar. :shade:
LOL;D haha and my axe! :P

rofl sorry sis but that made my day, reminded me of this:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!