/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do we lose reward in Paradise if we get rewarded with material good in this world?

Jalal~
01-16-2013, 03:46 AM
When we get punished in this world, then that punishment is removed in the next life. Does this also apply to rewards as well? Like for instance, when you help another person out, and in return they give you 5 or 10 bucks and you accept it.

And if someone could post some links or videos talking about Intention that would be wonderful!

Jazakallah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
May Ayob
01-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Bump....Brothers and Sisters please answer him. Jazakum Allahu khair.

Indian Bro
01-24-2013, 11:07 AM
As-salamu alaykum,

Brother, I don't understand your question because in paradise everyone will be happy... I don't think anyone will feel "I have been given a little less" in heaven. I may be wrong.

Salam 3laikum

Ahmad H
01-24-2013, 11:13 AM
As-Salamu 'alaykum,

Why would Allah take away rewards if we have good in this life and we are sincere to Him? Those who disbelieve in Allah get rewarded in this life and then they are given no share in the Hereafter. This is why one should not imitate the disbelievers' lifestyles. However, if you believe in Allah, relying on Him only, then He will reward you in this life and the Hereafter.

Read:
20:131 And strain not your eyes in longing for the things We have given for enjoyment to various groups of them (polytheists and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah), the splendour of the life of this world, that We may test them thereby. But the provision (good reward in the Hereafter) of your Lord is better and more lasting.

And read:
11:15 Those who desire the life of the present and its glitter,- to them we shall pay (the price of) their deeds therein,- without diminution.
11:16 They are those for whom there is nothing in the Hereafter but the Fire: vain are the designs they frame therein, and of no effect and the deeds that they do!

Allah is not at all unjust to His servants. He is All-Merciful. His being All-Merciful means that for Muslims He gives them good in this life and the Hereafter. This is why when you pray you don't just ask for Allah to give you in this life, but you ask for Allah to give to you for the Hereafter as well.

Read:
16:97 Whoever works righteousness - whether male or female - while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter).

And read: 16:41 And as for those who emigrated for the Cause of Allah, after they had been wronged, We will certainly give them goodly residence in this world, but indeed the reward of the Hereafter will be greater; if they but knew!

And finally read:
3:148 And many a Prophet (i.e. many from amongst the Prophets) fought (in Allah's Cause) and along with him (fought) large bands of religious learned men. But they never lost heart for that which did befall them in Allah's Way, nor did they weaken nor degrade themselves. And Allah loves As-Sabirun (the patient).
3:149 And they said nothing but: "Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and our transgressions (in keeping our duties to You), establish our feet firmly, and give us victory over the disbelieving folk."
3:150 So Allah gave them the reward of this world, and the excellent reward of the Hereafter. And Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers - See the footnote of V.3:134 and of V.9:120).

Sorry I used both Yusuf Ali translations and Mohsin Khan together. But, the point is still the same.

Wassalaam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
:sl:

Jalal~
01-27-2013, 06:27 AM
Sister May, thanks for the bump; i almost forgot about the thread.
brother Ahmad, that's what i was looking for. and don't worry, i couldnt tell the difference between the translations, lol. they were both excellent.
sorry brother al mufarridun my youtube isn't working :/

jazakallah khair everyone

greenhill
05-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Salaam,

Allah works in mysterious ways. He has outlined his rewards structure, the basics, the caveats and we hear of sunnahs about the rewards and atonements etc.

What you get is what you get, good or bad. There are 4 basic configurations, you work, you get; you work you don't get; you don't work, you get; you don't work, you don't get. So what was your intention? if you did it because Allah asks of you to earn an honest living, then you are blessed whatever happens, and forgiveness given whatever the outcome and as a result, you also get to benefit in the hereafter. If you did it for worldly purposes only, then you get neither blessings nor forgiveness for those same endeavors. So if the reward is success, you will enjoy your worldly gains and non for the hereafter.

As a saying goes (I read it somewhere in this forum) about a man who was 'martyred' but will be hell-bound because he wanted recognition from the people. His intention was for the 'glory' rather than for Allah. The act is the same, but the intention is waaaayyy off! It's so easy to be vain, which leads to pride (the root cause for Iblis' downfall).

But, if on the off-chance, you fall in the category of don't work, you get, don't forget to praise Him, be thankful, give zakat, be charitable. That would surely please Allah, gain you extra points for the hereafter and who knows, you get an extension of good fortune :D and to also be thankful in the event of failure, this is the tough one! Plodding on and not be bitter (also earning points).

These are just my thoughts on the matter. Bottom-line is, only Allah knows the realms of this topic. The flesh-bound mind of humans just cannot grasp the magnitude of Allah's mercy.

Peace:shade:

White Rose
05-23-2013, 05:55 PM
I thought the OP was asking something along these lines:
If I get something in this world that I wanted, will I not get it in the hereafter? Maybe if I made dua about that thing, and I got it in this world?
If that was not the question, then I guess I want to know the answer to this question :embarrass

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!