/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trial for life

Indian Bro
01-17-2013, 04:28 PM
As-salamu alaykum everyone,

I don't really know how to start this topic but I'll just jump into the thought which sparked in my mind. On the way back home from the mosque after Isha prayer while walking I just looked up to the sky. I usually look up the sky after Isha to spot the moon because I love to see these amazing creations of Allah (s.w.t.) like the trees, flowers, clouds, etc. But today was different, I found many stars around in the sky and I never really took much notice or thought about stars much before but today for some reason I admired them so much that I actually spoke "SubhanAllah for creating these stars". So when I came back home I had an amazing dinner (courtesy mom!) and started reading the Qur'aan like I do every day (Arabic recitation with English translation courtesy Mishary Al-Afasy and Ibrahim Walk). Today I was reading Surah Al-Furqan (25th chapter) and then I reached ayaat number 60. I had to perform sajdah because this was a verse which indicated the reader to perform sujudh. So I came back to reading after doing the sajdah and the very next verse that I read was:

Blessed is He who has placed in the sky great stars and placed therein a [burning] lamp and luminous moon.

Now many will think this is a coincidence. But for me, ever since Allah (s.w.t.) has given me guidance which was around 3 months ago I have been witnessing so many things in my life that are related to the Qur'aan almost like Allah (s.w.t.) is communicating to me through the creations of this Earth. And it is these kinds of moments that make me think and fear that if I ever turn my back to Allah (s.w.t.), He will ask me on the Day, "Why did you turn your back on me when I made the signs so clear to you".

The reason why I made this thread is to just make something clear to you brothers and sisters. I might be wrong about this so please correct me but I feel Allah (s.w.t.) is ALL POWERFUL, so POWERFUL that He has made a detailed, specific and highly planned trial for EACH and everyone of us. The specific time or generation that He has chosen to let us live and the time He has decided for us to live is all planned by him. This entire life is going exactly according to the plan of Allah (s.w.t.).

Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 94Narrated byUbadah ibn as-Samit
Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: The first thing which Allah created was Pen.
He commanded it to write.
It asked: What should I write?
He said: Write the Decree (al-Qadr).
So it wrote what had happened and what was going to happen up to eternity.

Everything has been written about you, your family, your children and their children and everyone and everything. What you hear, see, read, think, each second of your life ALL has been planned by Allah (s.w.t.). There are times in our days when we have such STRONG faith that shaytan is totally helpless against us, but then there are other times in the same day when our faith becomes weak and shaytan is just waiting to pounce at us. It is in these moments when our Imam is weak that we should REMEMBER this trial that Allah (s.w.t.) has set for us. That's the way life is going to be, no one is immune from Shaytan, because shaytan will always attempt to attack you till you breath your last breath! Don't ever get complacent my bro's and sisters! Be aware of Shaytans tricks and ways to attack you and always be ready to deal with him by seeking refuge in Allah (s.w.t.).

I hope we will benefit from this reminder inshAllah.

May Allah (s.w.t.) guide us ALL!

Salam 3laikum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Indian Bro
01-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Oops I meant "Iman" instead of "Imam"...

I hope that wont cause any confusion

Salam 3laikum.

Innocent Soul
01-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Jazakallah khair bro that really helped. :)

~Zaria~
01-18-2013, 07:41 PM
JazakAllahu khair for sharing your experiences and insights.

It reminded me of my own from 2 days ago -
It was almost midnight when I got into bed, and the sky was unusually bright with white clouds moving quickly past this beautiful back-drop. It was amazing.
And just the thought that as the world lay asleep, Allah (subhanawata'ala) is still at 'work', ensuring the comfort and provision for His ungrateful slaves.
The next day we had much needed rain, SubhanAllah.

We often take this amazing world that Allah has provided us, for granted.
There is So much beauty around us, yet we don't stop long enough to really appreciate it. So when something negative strikes us, this is all that we tend to focus on....because we haven't really noticed the blessings that are literally heaped upon us.

Life is a test.
While for all other 'man-made' tests/exams, we are only rewarded once we pass/excel......for the test of life, we are rewarded even within the test itself.
Such is the mercy of the examiner, our Rabb.
SubhanAllah.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
01-18-2013, 07:58 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by Indian Bro
But for me, ever since Allah (s.w.t.) has given me guidance which was around 3 months ago I have been witnessing so many things in my life that are related to the Qur'aan almost like Allah (s.w.t.) is communicating to me through the creations of this Earth.
Exactly. Masha'Allaah

format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
We often take this amazing world that Allah has provided us, for granted.
Ain't that the truth, sister!

format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
There is So much beauty around us, yet we don't stop long enough to really appreciate it.
Quite true. I encourage those around me everyday to witness the amazingness (not a real word, but it suited) of this world and the natural beauty we view everyday.

It's snowed here. I LOVE IT!!! It's truly magnificent now at night time, everything looks so clean, preserved and even more perfect.

Qurratul Ayn
01-19-2013, 11:14 AM
"The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself"

Wallace Stevens

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!