/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Muslim can never be arrogant

ncarolinahs
01-19-2013, 09:17 AM
The blessings of this world cause many people to become arrogant. Wealth, physical ability, being handsome, being pretty, having power, one's race and ancestry, being intelligent, and so on and so forth are all reasons people use to look down upon others. Despite all this, the Muslim realizes that these blessings come from Allah. When a person truly understands and internalizes this he realizes that it is not possible for there to be a single inch of space in the heart where arrogance is present. The Muslim understands that being grateful to Allah is the right course of action - and that he should ask Allah for forgiveness because he will never be able to do justice to the blessings Allah has given him.

"And do not walk upon the earth exultantly. Indeed, you will never tear the earth [apart], and you will never reach the mountains in height." - Surah 17 (Isra) - Ayah 37

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
01-19-2013, 11:12 AM
:salamext:

Great post, Brother ncarolinahs

Indian Bro
01-19-2013, 11:14 AM
As-salamu alaykum

Very true, brother. We should all pray to Allah (s.w.t.) to remove any arrogance from our hearts! It was the arrogance of Iblees that made him disobey Allah Almighty and made him the biggest enemy of humanity. May Allah (s.w.t.) make us all humble.

Salam 3laikum.

Sothis Girl
03-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Pardon for a bit shameless promotion lol :D but I write this subject here :

5 Mindset Shifts to Cure Arrogance

This hadith might want to make you think twice before jumping to arrogance.....

Amr ibn Shuayb reported from his father on the authority of his grandfather that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم (Peace be upon him) said, “The arrogant will be (raised and) gathered on the Day of Resurrection as ants in the garb of mankind.They will be covered with disgrace from all sides and they will be driven to a cell in Hell named Bulas. They will boil in the fire of Fires and will be given to drink the pus of the people of the Fire, extremely bad in odour.”
[Tirmidhi, Authentic] :skeleton:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sothis Girl
03-17-2013, 07:04 AM
pardon for the accidental double post (my computer is acting funny). So I'm just gonna add...

I think arrogance too is a trap of shaytan for pious people. If he can't make them do sin, he'll make them feeling pride and blow into their ego to make them feel "wow" toward their worship acts and deeds. "Hey hey, you've done good a lot of good deeds. Look at those losers. Their deeds are not as much as yours! Their knowledge is not as high as yours!".

Sadly I've met pious people who act like obnoxious jerks. "Hey don't visit this masjid anymore until you wear a proper hijab like us", "huh? you're new muslim?" (throwing sinister look). These people really exist. May Allah protect us from such attitude.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!