/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Children and Praying

abuLuqmaan
01-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Salaam All,

does anyone know of any good resources for helping our children enjoy praying?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
haizrul
02-28-2013, 11:25 AM
When you talk about children and praying .. I still remember how different myself and my granddad's approach with children ..

As for me, my daugther just one day approach me and ask me why I pray everyday. And told them that praying is to something we need to do as a muslim. Praying builds up good character and such. Then , I ask her, do you want to pray with me and mom? Just like that, she started praying. And because she started to pray, my son join in as well.

It is the same thing when she start reading books. Me and my wife will read before going to sleep, and then one day she came and sits beside me and read her comic book.

Now my granddad is a bit different, He will say this:

Haizrul : Grandad ... i dont want to pray magrib today .... I am tired
Grandad : Haizrul ... Do you want to go to Hell?
Haizrul : errrr no
Grandad : Then get wudhu' and lets go to the mosque now .....

Haizrul : ok

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!