/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab Struggles

Jslayton
01-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Assalam Alaikum,

Sisters, I have been struggling with Hijab, I dont own an underscarf or pins, so I just try to wrap the hijab scarf around my head, but it looks so weird and unkempt, that I do not like to wear out of the house. I do wear it at jummah but sisters there usually "fix" it around my head so it looks a lil bit better, but it slips around alot. any advice ? I fear Allah is mad at me for not wearing hijab all of the time, but I know he is also forgiving. I plan to get an underscarf and pins when I can get an income (hopefully in late feb/early march). I also think that I am wrapping wrong, because I can never get it to lay flat on my head. Does anyone have any advice ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
01-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Asalaam Aleikum Ukhti :)

I personally don't wear underscarves most of the time, so they are not necessary. For pins, I got a box of corsage pins at the craft store and those work just fine. You can use any pin really, doesn't have to be the fancy hijab pins, or the bulky ones. if you REALLY want an underscarf you can use one of ur regular scarves and tie it like you would a bandanna or hair wrap almost. What you do is put your hair in a low bun as close to your neck as possible, put the scarf on your head, grab the ends and tie them around the bun, then wrap the loose ends around the bun and tuck them in. then you can just wrap the other scarf like you normally would wrap a hijab.

This probably doesn't make a huge amount of sense. It's one of those things that has to be shown lol. There'a lot of tutorials on youtube also :)

- cOsMiC

lynn4now
01-25-2013, 03:44 AM
There's a video on YouTube that I founded help with my hijab struggles(some are still there) its called "How to wear hijab-a few very basic styles for newbies" youtube is a wonders place although I'm not with the hump style...

Pure Purple
01-25-2013, 08:05 AM
If Your scarf is slipping,you can wear cotton cap inside it will prevent slipping.
Anyways I think you don't know proper tying with pins.You can use crocodile clip to prevent slipping.I couldn't find proper image on internet,It somewhat like this (With black colored)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jslayton
01-28-2013, 01:45 AM
okay I thought I would show you all a picture so you maybe able to help correct me, I cant get it to look right imo,

Iceee
01-28-2013, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jslayton
okay I thought I would show you all a picture so you maybe able to help correct me, I cant get it to look right imo,

Salaam.

Is that you? Whether it is or not, please don't post a picture of yourself or anyone's face on this forums.

I'm a male so I can't be of help. :(

Sorry.

Jslayton
01-28-2013, 02:10 AM
yes it is me.... im just needing advice on how to correct my hijab...idk posting my pic was forbidden sorry! wont do it again

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
01-28-2013, 02:43 AM
I know what the problem is sister, but there's no way of typing it up,well at least for me looool. You just have to watch someone do it I'm thinking. I'm about to go sleep so I will be in touch tomorrow insha Allah we'll figure out a way to show you :)

- cOsMiC

lynn4now
02-03-2013, 05:38 AM
thank you pure purple for the clip idea genious and dont worry jyslaton between youtube and the sisters you will get it takes time..my first time in hijab looked like yours:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!