/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can our dead relatives hear us?

QueenofHerts
02-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Quran in Surah
Fatir 35 : 22 which says
“ - - - - You CANNOT make those to HEAR who are buried in Graves.”

^ I thought they could see and hear us but we cant see and hear them, please can someone clarify???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_008
02-03-2013, 08:09 PM
:sl:

Why would they be able to hear or see us? They're dead, isn't that explanation enough? To make the point even clearer, when people die, and are buried or cremated, they are questioned by the two angels about their faith. The answer to those questions, and their worldly affairs either make their graves a gateway to heaven, or the stepping stone of hell. A pious man's grave is expanded to as far as his sight can go, windows of paradise are opened in his grave for the cool breeze to fill the grave, a hoor sits right in front of the man shy and docile, and she's so pretty that just admiring her beauty keeps the man occupied till the day of judgment is established, his grave is a delight for him. On the other hand, a sinner's grave is filled with the vilest creatures such as snakes and scorpions that bite and sting him, and thrust him into deeper and deeper layers of the earth, his grave is constricted so much that his ribs come together like a hair-clip, the sight of hell is always near him so that he's well aware where he's headed when the day of judgment is finally established. All these scenarios have been mentioned in various ahadeeth. I can't give the reference right now.

Thus, when people die, they are either in a state of eternal bliss or endless horror. They have no time or interest in seeing or even hearing what their relatives are doing. I use this same argument with Muslims who encourage dargahs (grave worship).

No real doubts there.

I hope this helps.

crimsontide06
02-03-2013, 08:35 PM
http://www.ahya.org/amm/modules.php?...icle&artid=160

Long but a good read.

QueenofHerts
02-03-2013, 11:21 PM
im just confused about people who ask deceased saints to pray for them, please can someone explain this to me?? I cant find it written anywhere yet people think its ok

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
QueenofHerts
02-04-2013, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06

Long but a good read.
thanks forthis, good read

Liverpool
03-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks 4 a usefull post

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!