/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is one Rakat?I saw a video which makes me think I've been praying wrong

crimsontide06
02-04-2013, 09:08 PM
I was watching this "how to" video when I realized the young man does not go down and come up 2 times. When I pray I am thinking a Rakat means : You are standing, go down into the 2 prostrations, then back up...is one rakat, then in fajr prayer you do that 1 more time then go down the last time and finish the prayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja-L3YhezHs

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
02-04-2013, 10:40 PM
It is part of a set of videos explaining and showing how to do the prayers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHdOSjmNTL4

specs
02-04-2013, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
It is part of a set of videos explaining and showing how to do the prayers.
Yes it most likely is. Also I'm guessing thats how people read 1 rakah witr at tahujjud? or something like that :/

islamica
02-04-2013, 11:10 PM
The person in the video did 2 rakah. When you sit down and do two prostrations, you have done one rakat at that point. When you stand back up, you start your 2nd rakah. The standing position is the starting position, sitting position post 2 prostrations is the ending of a rakah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crimsontide06
02-05-2013, 12:25 AM
ok thanks! I do not know now how I got it all wrong...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!