/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lo and behold

'Abd-al Latif
02-05-2013, 11:59 PM
:salamext:

I really thought I had posted this somewhere before but I can't seem to find that thread. Nevertheless...

...brace yourself.

Relative size of Terrestrial planets (and Pluto)

Relative size of all planets

Relative size of Sun and planets

Relative size of Sun and other (big) stars

لَخَلۡقُ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِ أَڪۡبَرُ مِنۡ خَلۡقِ ٱلنَّاسِ وَلَـٰكِنَّ أَڪۡثَرَ ٱلنَّاسِ لَا يَعۡلَمُونَ
The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not. (Qur'an 40:57)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QueenofHerts
02-06-2013, 12:18 AM
saw this many years ago, makes me feel so small :hmm:

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
02-06-2013, 03:09 AM
I remember looking at the video of the same images long ago. lol just looking at it should make us realize our worldly "problems" are REALLY that trivial ;D. If we reflect and use the above images to compare, we are about as big as a microbe under a microscope . So really, is all that drama in our lives really worth it?

That's reality. lol.

- cOsMic

ardianto
02-06-2013, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
we are about as big as a microbe under a microscope .

- cOsMic
Oh sis, if you use microscope to see the earth picture, so you would find ........ Ardianto. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Subhan-Allaho Allaho akbar- I have no othr words. I am marvelled

Jedi_Mindset
02-06-2013, 05:10 PM
You see the small black dot there? Thats me waving! i'm 1,95(6'4 feet) meters tall so you can probably see me.

We are really small indeed, humbling feeling, we totally are just from clay and dust. The same feeling you get when remembering that you have no power, and that you cant do anything without the will of Allah subhana wa'a ta'ala.

Insaanah
02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
:wasalamex

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
I really thought I had posted this somewhere before but I can't seem to find that thread.
There are merged threads on it here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ow-big-we.html

ardianto
02-06-2013, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Oh sis, if you use microscope to see the earth picture, so you would find ........ Ardianto. :D
I was just kidding with I've written above. But, it's because the earth in first picture was really interesting me. Look, Indonesia is located at the center. It's seem like that picture made by someone in/from Southeast Asia. Very uncommon for American or European to draw the globe like this.

cottonrainbow
02-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Very humbling! In the grand scheme of things, we are no bigger than microscopic particles. Allahu Ahkbar!

iRock
02-17-2013, 11:00 AM
You should put this in " Show us your creativity " Wow , how can you got this idea ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!