/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Inappropriate, I think

IAmZamzam
02-10-2013, 01:18 AM
I look to the right on the main page and underneath the words “Jannah network” I see a CGI woman in a bikini (whose body looks like it would be fake even if it were real, if you catch my drift), and over her floats the words “she has all the excitement you need!” Directly over her crotch is a jewel, and directly under it they have strategically placed the words “play now”. Tell me, is this the kind of ad I need to be seeing at a religious message board? Isn’t there the possibility that you can hire somebody to show only the ads you select?

I'm not saying this to mock you, I'm just concerned. Truth be told, I'm extremely used to this kind of thing, being an American, and anything but shocked. I'm just worried about how others might react.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tyrion
02-10-2013, 01:51 AM
I think this has come up before, and if I remember correctly they aren't able to control the ads that show up. The simple solution would be to just use adblock. It should be available as an app/extension on most, if not all, web browsers. I've been using it for so long that I sometimes forget that ads exist on the internet.

ardianto
02-10-2013, 03:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
I look to the right on the main page and underneath the words “Jannah network”
That is ad from google, not from Jannah Network. The ads that appear may different in one country and other countries.

If you don't want to see ads in the right side you can close the box with click the arrow button. Or, ..... place your ad in Jannah Network.

IAmZamzam
02-10-2013, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That is ad from google, not from Jannah Network.
I was aware of that. I was just noting the juxtaposition.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!