/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Miracle within ourselves

ncarolinahs
02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
20. On the earth are signs for those of assured Faith,

21. As also in your own selves: Will ye not then see?

Quran - Surah Dhariyat (51) - Verses 20 & 21

The signs of the universe are amazing evidence for the existence and the mercy of Allah, but have we even thought about our own selves? The complexity of our brains, each and every neuron that is firing, the blood cells we have, the way our bodies are constructed in the most beautiful and perfect fashion, the way our bodies fight diseases - isn't this also a reason to praise and thank Allah and believe in Him with full conviction?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IAmZamzam
02-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Just the other day my dad told me about how, when he was getting his residency for his M.D. in St. Louis, he noticed at the time that in his class he had two Jews, a Hindu, a Presbyterian, an Episcopalian, two Methodists, a Catholic, a Muslim and a Sikh. Meanwhile, over across town in the Psychoanalytic class where the Fruedians and what not don't study the intricate and wondrously mechanical structure of the body directly, almost no one over there seemed to be the least bit religious.

abcdcool2012
02-15-2013, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ncarolinahs
20. On the earth are signs for those of assured Faith,

21. As also in your own selves: Will ye not then see?

Quran - Surah Dhariyat (51) - Verses 20 & 21

The signs of the universe are amazing evidence for the existence and the mercy of Allah, but have we even thought about our own selves? The complexity of our brains, each and every neuron that is firing, the blood cells we have, the way our bodies are constructed in the most beautiful and perfect fashion, the way our bodies fight diseases - isn't this also a reason to praise and thank Allah and believe in Him with full conviction?

Absolutely brother....JazakAllah Khairan for this post...

Muhaba
02-15-2013, 10:51 AM
That is so true. when i was studying parts of body in my psychology class, i was amazed at some of the stuff i read about. The eye was especially amazing. and it was obvious that there is no way that it could have come into being by itself through evolution without the command of an All-powerful and All-Wise Being. lately, whe you consider other things and how compatible everything is to each other , you can see that not only were they all created by God but also that the universe has been created and is controlled by ONE GOD.

some of the amazing things:
forests - how did they come into being?
clouds - when water evaporates, clouds get made. why doesn't the water go out of our atmosphere and get lost in space? why does it stay here and come down as rain?
seeds - why should they grow into plants when you plant them? why should soil be just right for plants to grow? just think, had there been no soil and in it's place rocks or sand, agriculture would be impossible.
plants - why should they be nutritous for humans and animals?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Naeema
02-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Today's kutbah included this as a topic. The Imam talked about how it shows how Allah, being cognizant of all things, is closer to us than these bodily processes that go on without our even having regular knowledge of them.

ncarolinahs
02-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Actually one thing that I have found amazing but not totally related to this topic is the first ayah of Surah Baqarah:

Alif, Lam, Meem.
(Not just Surah Baqarah, of course many surahs have these letters at the beginning)
But think about it. Isn't it absolutely amazing that the sounds that are uttered from our mouths can be represented by small squiggles on a piece of paper? That those same squiggles that Imam Nawawi used to write Riyaad us Saliheen more than 1000 years ago can now be read and interpreted by me, a person who has never met Imam Nawawi, a person of a different culture, location, and time? Subhanallah Allah has been so generous to us. Even the simplest things we take completely for granted.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!